Nicki Minaj shades Gaga

Bobbins

Featured Posts

33 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

It ain't Nicki, it's her sister.

41 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Nicki Minaj shades Gaga?

You mean her sister did.

Read the OP again, Nicki liked this. Onika = Nicki. 

underneath the pine

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Onika knows what she’s doing by liking this. The implication is that she, as a black woman, does not benefit from the white privilege Gaga’s career surfs on. Whether she intended it or not, it is shady to bring up a woman who has never once acknowledged her to score racial points. Not to mention she is completely wrong on this. 

Oh and I will be as catty as you are passive aggressive :)

By definition, to be passive aggressive requires you to be indirect. I was being direct. When I said there are better ways to point out Nicki's poor behavior than exhibiting poor behavior yourself, that is literally the opposite of passive aggression.

Whether or not you think Nicki is wrong about receiving unequal treatment in the media, the tweet is not shading Gaga, it is shading the media.

LilyLark
5 minutes ago, Galagala said:

Yeah This is what we need to keep in mind and ignore all those dumb hatred.:heart:

She's still on her way to gain more career success!:firega:

This

Bobbins
8 minutes ago, SKANK said:

By definition, to be passive aggressive requires you to be indirect. I was being direct. When I said there are better ways to point out Nicki's poor behavior than exhibiting poor behavior yourself, that is literally the opposite of passive aggression.

Whether or not you think Nicki is wrong about receiving unequal treatment in the media, the tweet is not shading Gaga, it is shading the media.

You were being very direct with your passive aggressiveness, yes. 

It is shading her by insinuating her privilege as a white woman is why she receives no backlash. 

Delete this thread before it explodes into a Nicky VS Gaga fight. 

It already happened with the DWUW fiasco and we should ignore things like this.     :kiss:

11 minutes ago, Runway said:

Not really. She made several points that seemed to trigger madonna fans

Gaga basically said that Madonna doesn't write her music, doesn't play instruments, doesn't produce and doesn't spend hours in in the studio, which is totally false. She also said that Madonna acts like she doesn't have any flaws but look at a few Madonna interviews and you'll see she admitted many times having flaws.
Now I agree that Madonna and Gaga have totally different personalities, but the examples that Gaga used were just false and as as someone who quoted Madonna as an inspiration many times she definitely knew it

8 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

You were being very direct with your passive aggressiveness, yes. 

It is shading her by insinuating her privilege as a white woman is why she receives no backlash. 

You can't be directly passive. Direct passive aggression is an oxymoron. So, no.

And insinuating that Gaga's privilege as a white woman is why she receives less backlash than Nicki is not "shade." You may not agree with their take on racial privilege in this instance, but it's not shade.

Like it or not, the only person being remotely shady in those tweets is Gaga. When talking about the difference between her and Madonna she says,  "I write my music, I play instruments...what I do is different." 

Runway
5 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Gaga basically said that Madonna doesn't write her music, doesn't play instruments, doesn't produce and doesn't spend hours in in the studio, which is totally false. She also said that Madonna acts like she doesn't have any flaws but look at a few Madonna interviews and you'll see she admitted many times having flaws.
Now I agree that Madonna and Gaga have totally different personalities, but the examples that Gaga used were just false and as as someone who quoted Madonna as an inspiration many times she definitely knew it

That’s just your interpretation of it. Show me a video where she states madonna “doesn’t write her own music” I’ll w8.

2 minutes ago, Runway said:

That’s just your interpretation of it. Show me a video where she states madonna “doesn’t write her own music” I’ll w8.

In the video in the OP Gaga says "I don't mean to disrespect Madonna, she's a cool lady, she's had a fantastic career, she's the biggest pop star of all time, but I play a lot of instruments, I write all my own music, I spend hours and hours a day in the studio, I'm a producer, I'm a writer, what I do is different... I'm not afraid of my flaws, there are many differences between me and her"

Like there's no other way to interpret this, these are her exact words

ItsTommyBitch

"Jelani's sister"

Jesus, its like a fan fic or something :ladyhaha:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

HausOfMiklaus

Whatever Nicki's intentions were, I'm really proud of Gaga for standing up for herself like that so eloquently and so passionately, and I have to agree with what she said. It's so refreshing and it amazes me that she's actually pinpointed the core differences between her and Madonna. I need to watch the full interview!

Archived