Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Gaga doesn't need a collaborator for her next jazz album

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley
43 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

She never gave us another ARTPOP, another The Fame Monster, Another Born This Way or Another Joanne, since she's all about reinventing herself and experimenting new stuff, why should she repeat the one thing that most of us didn't ask for :madge: 

I'm not asking her to sing all the songs she sang in Cheek to Cheek, there are many songs from the Great American Songbook that she has yet to explore, and Fly Me to the Moon and New York, New York are among the most powerful songs she sang at the Jazz & Piano show.

She can totally deliver a 10-12 song album without repetition.

FlopSlurper
Just now, Kitsch said:

I'm not asking her to sing all the songs she sang in Cheek to Cheek, there are many songs from the Great American Songbook that she has yet to explore, and Fly Me to the Moon and New York, New York are among the most powerful songs she sang at the Jazz & Piano show.

She can totally deliver a 10-12 song album without repetition.

But I'm not talking about the songs, I'm talking about the genre. She's never repeated the sound of a previous album, and if she's finally going to do that, it better be another album, not c2c

Bradley
1 minute ago, FlopSlurper said:

But I'm not talking about the songs, I'm talking about the genre. She's never repeated the sound of a previous album, and if she's finally going to do that, it better be another album, not c2c

Wait, what do you mean it's not okay to repeat a genre?

Just Dance and Poker Face and Bad Romance are all dance-pop, do they sound the same to you?

FlopSlurper
Just now, Kitsch said:

Wait, what do you mean it's not okay to repeat a genre?

Just Dance and Poker Face and Bad Romance are all dance-pop, do they sound the same to you?

I-

TF was dance pop

TFM was pop but darker than TF

BTW was pop with a little bit of rock

ARTPOP was pop with EDM

C2C was jazz

Joanne was pop with country and folk

ASIB: the pop songs sound different than her old work, basic or "radio friendly", the ballads sound different than her older ballads too etc

Once again, I was talking about the SOUND of her albums, not singles

Bradley
31 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Once again, I was talking about the SOUND of her albums, not singles

Yes I am aware of that, but saying all jazz songs sound the same is like saying all Chinese food taste the same. :messga:

Just because they are under the same category does not mean they are repetitive.

I see the jazz thing as a side bonus she does. She likes making jazz music. A lot of her fans like her jazz music. If you don’t like Jazz, then you don’t have to listen to it. But if you do like her jazz music, then it’s kind of like a bonus- as a fan.  Her main shtick is pop music- and she tends to blend that with whatever she wants. She has pretty much blended her pop music with every genre, on every album. Art pop has EDM, rock, hip hop, piano ballads- all in one album. Born this way is the same way. Joanne was mostly Americana inspired pop- but it even delved into dancehall(dancing in circles) and adult contemporary(come to mama, Grigio girls). I think she does a good job with versatility- prob the most versatile in the business honestly. 

I see the jazz thing as a side bonus she does. She likes making jazz music. A lot of her fans like her jazz music. If you don’t like Jazz, then you don’t have to listen to it. But if you do like her jazz music, then it’s kind of like a bonus- as a fan.  Her main shtick is pop music- and she tends to blend that with whatever she wants. She has pretty much blended her pop music with every genre, on every album. Art pop has EDM, rock, hip hop, piano ballads- all in one album. Born this way is the same way. Joanne was mostly Americana inspired pop- but it even delved into dancehall(dancing in circles) and adult contemporary(come to mama, Grigio girls). I think she does a good job with versatility- prob the most versatile in the business honestly

15 hours ago, Kitsch said:

And if I'm not wrong, people said she received six standing ovations at the latest Jazz & Piano show, I think she can really impress with a solo jazz album.

You are correct, about five or six :-) 

3 points in and ready for more

Archived