Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga doesn't need a collaborator for her next jazz album

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

I have no problem with another Tony x Gaga album, but I'm just saying she can definitely make one on her own if she wants to. She has no problem executing brilliantly melodramatic and uptempo jazz renditions of classics.

She also did The Lady Is A Tramp, Cheek to Cheek and Anything Goes on her own. And if I'm not wrong, people said she received six standing ovations at the latest Jazz & Piano show, I think she can really impress with a solo jazz album.

I agree. Though I wouldn't mind her doing some duets with other people besides Tony. Maybe Michael Buble, Andrea Bocelli, Diana Krall, Adele...But she could totally do a jazz album on her own with no issue. 

As far as Jazz is concerned. I would like to see her amp up her Jazz by adding some Latin or Brazilian Jazz, Bossa Nova elements. I think that would broaden her Jazz horizons and her voice would sound great.

messybottom

A solo jazz project would be amazing. Her work with tony is flawless, but to have just purely her voice for a WHOLE project like that? I know other monsters don't really care for that, but that would be heaven for me. Her voice has always been the first thing about her I fell in love with. :ally:

Bradley
12 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

I agree. Though I wouldn't mind her doing some duets with other people besides Tony. Maybe Michael Buble, Andrea Bocelli, Diana Krall, Adele...But she could totally do a jazz album on her own with no issue. 

As far as Jazz is concerned. I would like to see her amp up her Jazz by adding some Latin or Brazilian Jazz, Bossa Nova elements. I think that would broaden her Jazz horizons and her voice would sound great.

I think she wants to stay cohesive by just singing songs from the Great American Songbook, the critics hate incoherence.

Ladygagalover

I was at this show, and I can confirm she received at least 6 standing ovations. She was incredible, and she convinced my entire family that she wasn’t just an amazing singer but also an excellent entertainer.

LilyLark

I agree, but to be morbid...Tony is very elderly.  She loves him and he was there for her when, lbr her career/public were at a low for her, and I think she might want to work with him again while he's still alive because she loves jazz and he's been there for her...especially as he would love to work with her again, too. 

highongaga
1 hour ago, NCgaga said:

omg if she did bossa nova i would cry, that's honestly my favorite genre of music :flutter: this needs to happen:grr:

YEAHHH BUDDY

giskardsb
51 minutes ago, Ladygagalover said:

I was at this show, and I can confirm she received at least 6 standing ovations. She was incredible, and she convinced my entire family that she wasn’t just an amazing singer but also an excellent entertainer.

It proves that Gaga is the one that carries the show, not props or storylines or dancers.

FlopSlurper

She never gave us another ARTPOP, another The Fame Monster, Another Born This Way or Another Joanne, since she's all about reinventing herself and experimenting new stuff, why should she repeat the one thing that most of us didn't ask for :madge: 

giskardsb
7 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

She never gave us another ARTPOP, another The Fame Monster, Another Born This Way or Another Joanne, since she's all about reinventing herself and experimenting new stuff, why should she repeat the one thing that most of us didn't ask for :madge: 

Well during the jazz show she said it's important to her to keep the jazz tradition alive so I guess you all will have to deal. 

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if MGM decided to extend the jazz show and not enigma.  The jazz show is stellar. 

6 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

I think the Jazz albums are for the fans who are interested in her vocal abilities- and for people that like more than pop music. An artist doesn't make what people ask for- they make expressions of things they are interested in. If you don't like her Jazz adventures, you don't have to listen. 

FlopSlurper
10 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Well during the jazz show she said it's important to her to keep the jazz tradition alive so I guess you all will have to deal. 

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if MGM decided to extend the jazz show and not enigma.  The jazz show is stellar. 

Yeah and she also said "pOP mUSic wilL nEVer be lWO" and look where we're at + didnt' tony confirm she isn't planning a jazz album as of now? so I've already dealt with a jazz album not coming out thankfully :fan:

8 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

I think the Jazz albums are for the fans who are interested in her vocal abilities- and for people that like more than pop music. An artist doesn't make what people ask for- they make expressions of things they are interested in. If you don't like her Jazz adventures, you don't have to listen. 

She's showcased her vocals in Joanne, and even more so in ASIB than C2C. Jazz isn't the only way she can do that.

also this wasn't my point, she's never repeated herself with any album, why would she with jazz?

7 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Yeah and she also said "pOP mUSic wilL nEVer be lWO" and look where we're at + didnt' tony confirm she isn't planning a jazz album as of now? so I've already dealt with a jazz album not coming out thankfully :fan:

She's showcased her vocals in Joanne, and even more so in ASIB than C2C. Jazz isn't the only way she can do that.

also this wasn't my point, she's never repeated herself with any album, why would she with jazz?

I get it- but i think she genuinely loves Jazz. Her jazz album went platinum, so she does have fans that are truly interested in her work. Her jazz is actually stellar. She is very good at it. It might not be your thing, but I mean- she stated that's her favorite kind of music. 

Archived