new music

Dumb Blonde - Avril Lavigne ft Nicki Minaj

Gam

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

I didn't expect to like it. I thought it was gonna be a diss track or summ. But it's a cool song. And with a simple and straightforward message, presented in a goofy way. Good job.

Exactly, Avrils Album is all ballads/serious Songs except this one - so why is it so bad for her to have a little fun? Some replies here are so salty, Avril just wants to present a message is a funny way

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

StrawberryBlond

I don't get why so many people are saying this is a bubblegum pop track or immature. It's clearly a pop rock track with the kind of lyrics a female rockstar would've made in the 80's (minus the Nicki feature, of course). I love the retro sound of it. The bridge especially is so 80's, especially "I can flip like a switch and I can cut like a blade." Nicki's verse was surprisingly good as a lot of her work recently has been very hit or miss. Could've done without the No Frauds reference and I would've preferred a rock feature but I guess Avril wanted that exposure with a name like Nicki. This album is shaping up to be one of the best of the year and one of Avril's best ever. Every single so far has hit the mark. Can't wait to hear what I Fell In Love With The Devil, Bigger Wow and Love Me Insane sound like.

I don't get all of you who aren't like it. You've been asking for a huge pop "bop" that makes you want to dance for a long time. This is it. I don't know what GGD wants sometimes.

PinkJelly

It’s not terrible. Liked ‘Head Above Water’ much better though!

Wish she’d have stuck to the singer/songwriter vibe she’s been giving with her more recent releases 

4 hours ago, Economy said:

Why? Gaga has experimented with so many genres she even released a whole jazz album and made an era out of it

If Gaga can experiment and get praise for it Avril surely can go beyond her usual rock/pop

Where did I say she couldn't do different genres tho? I'm just saying that I'm kinda underwhelmed she's going to the pop side, since we already have enough of those. Her old sound made her more unique imho. But that's just me, I'm not blaming her for doing it, she should do what feels right for her. :vegas:

Economy
4 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Where did I say she couldn't do different genres tho? I'm just saying that I'm kinda underwhelmed she's going to the pop side, since we already have enough of those. Her old sound made her more unique imho. But that's just me, I'm not blaming her for doing it, she should do what feels right for her. :vegas:

There's just as many rock artists out there it's just that fewer of them become big names

For pop-rock of big names u basically have Avril and Pink...

If ur talking about big names specifically

I actually kinda love it. It’s a throwback to 2007 Avril, but it’s produced well and makes me feel happy.

Don’t forget it’s a third single so of course it has to sound different form the previous two! If the first two are slow/ballad pop, the third has to be more fun. If the first two are pop/rock, the third has to be a ballad (remember Complicated -> Sk8er Boi -> I’m With You). That’s just how it works.

Obviously the collab helps the song a little bit. It’s fun, has a good message and overall I don’t think it’s too bad, to be honest she’s done worse.

Glamourpuss

I think the song is terrible and I hate that I actually like it. :selena:

Can't stand Nicki Minaj though and hate the fact she always says **** like "young money" and goes on about Barbies all the time. 

Archived