question

sweetener vs. reputation

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P

I love both but Sweetener imo is the clear superior album. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
On 2/11/2019 at 4:31 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

I wanted Camila to win, the only truly deserving album in that category, in my opinion. But yeah, Reputation deserved to win more than Sweetener and I've never been a Taylor fan. I think Reputation was her best album whereas Sweetener is Ariana's joint worst. I'm shocked that she got it considering she'd abandoned it and figured if she couldn't honour her own album, the academy definitely wouldn't have any faith in it. I bet they're super-regretting it now, that's all I can say. She so deserved one for Dangerous Woman's performance, so this was a very bad choice. Some of Taylor's best ever work is on Reputation whereas there's barely anything worth a mention on Sweetener. Does anyone know why Taylor seems to have fallen out of the academy's good graces? To go from her last album winning AOTY to only getting one nomination which she didn't even win for this entire era is inexplicable. The only theory presented to me is that the West family have a big influence in the academy and seeing as she dissed Kanye on a few tracks, maybe this album's true praise was kept on the down low? I thought the weird exclusion of LWYMMD was so unusual for a hit Taylor lead single but to not so much as give Delicate a best pop performance nod was next level bizarre. Albums that got lesser praise and sales than her won awards. I just don't know what she could have done to turn the academy so cold on her.

The acedemy was turned off by Taylor’s faux bad girl image which is a shame. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Anderson123

Unpopular opinion but I really wanted Beautiful Trauma to get it. It's not P!nk's best but it was a good album, she deserves it. Taylor has already won Album of the Year twice and Ariana's Sweetener wasn't that good so I really feel like this one could've been handed to either P!nk or Shawn.

Reputation is a fun album but it feels like Taylor and her team weren't even really trying and just wanted that big opening week sales and big lead single music video. Other than that it was very quiet.

Reputation period like that was a GOOD album. Sweetener on the other hand gave us a couple bops and a lot of filler. 

III

TheSlash

Purely based on the number of bops I discovered on both albums:

Sweetener: 3 (GIAW, breathin', GNG)

Reputation:  7 (RFI?, IDSB, Delicate, LWYMMD, Gorgeous, Getaway Car, KOMH)

Sorry, hun :oops: 

Ew, David!

GypsyRomance

If reputation had more singles it could've won, since sweetener was fresher and reputation kinda felt forgotten

alextruper17

I feel they gave the Grammy to Ariana because they were like “We don’t have hard feelings against you”

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Archived