achievement

Lady Gaga becomes the first woman ever to win a Bafta for Best Music

Featured Posts

ManilaMonster

I didnt even know they had that category. Congrats to Gaga, she's credited right or is it the film as a whole that won?

Jonathan2244
3 minutes ago, ManilaMonster said:

I didnt even know they had that category. Congrats to Gaga, she's credited right or is it the film as a whole that won?

Shes Credited, Bradley. Gaga, Lukas

• YAAAS 1

littlepotter

This forum is outraged that a woman didn't win an award yet still bashes every single female artist that is not Gaga :emma:

• Like 1

Gagaloo92

That's so pathetic honestly, for them. Congrats to Gagsus tho :applause:

Runway

How could they go 50 years without recognizing ANY female musicians? talk about misogyny a BIT.

Anyway, Gaga did THAT

Edited by Runway

ILoveGypsyLife

So happy for her! Last night was amazing for her, it makes me so happy

The melody that you choose can rescue you...

StrawberryBlond

The only award that I knew was on lock was the one she won, so there's some vindication after so many lost best actress awards. It's so surreal to see Gaga win a British award as prestigious as this, makes me so proud of my country! I'd love to know how close she was to winning best actress as well. The UK really loved that film and both Shallow and the album went #1, one of the most successful albums of the year. Makes me think she was perhaps in second place.

But really, no woman's ever won it until now? I guess it's because most film composers are male. But you'd think in 50 years, there must've been one. But if anyone was going to break it, it had to be Gaga.

23 hours ago, ShockPop said:

Adele didn't even win it.

That's because she's never properly contributed to an entire soundtrack, just the one Bond song, which isn't enough to get credit on it's own (I think it was the score, not the soundtrack, that won anyway). If she had, she would've won for sure, especially if the BAFTAs honoured individual songs.