123 members have voted

1. 1. Lady Gaga’s Magnum Opus?

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sanne Godijn
56 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Between the two, which is Lady Gaga’s magnum opus album? TFM or BTW? 

What is magnum opus?

Cloudbusting

I don’t think we can tell now... ray of light came years into madonna’s career so you never know. I also don’t think magnum opus has to do with it being her most successful album but the one that means the most! Right now that is BTW Bit that can change

1 hour ago, Evolve said:

It will be ASIB when it's all said and done.

Wouldn’t it be sad if her magnus opus would be a soundtrack/duet album? :trollga:

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, androiduser said:

For me, it's The Fame Monster.... most hits, her biggest songs, biggest concentration of hit songs

But that's is not what magnup opus is..

We call an album magnum opus when it's ther essential work, of their respective album, the record that summarizes their art/ language/ message in the best way, and the one that plays the certain role in their artistry. BTW is electro-pop with disco, rock and europop influences, talks about sex, religion/ spirituality, self-esteem. It's a better indicative than TFM of the artist that Gaga is, imho.

Even though I love BTW with my whole life and it's my favorite

TFM holds the apot as her best work imo

... and now i just sit in silence.

PerfectExca

Something I noticed is that only on this site is BTW worshipped like a religion. It's impact and meaning is undeniable, but sonically, it's not as good as her other albums. It's not even as successful as TF(M). It has more filler songs than any LG album to date and it was very frontloaded and hyped, hence the lack of longevity of the singles. The GP does not know Gaga for BTW regardless of what this site chooses to believe. They know her for BR, PF, Paparazzi, JD, and Telephone, and more recently, MR and Shallow. EoG is the only memoral song from BTW and even then it is overshadowed. A better poll would be which is her magnum opus: TF(M) or ASIB.

Edit: I am not a BTW hater nor a TFM stan, I'm an ARTPOPster. I also recognize some of Gaga's best deep cuts (BM,HML Scheisse) are from BTW. I just don't think it deserves half the praise it gets from the majority members on this site.

The sun will rise each day. Will you?

1 hour ago, Sanne Godijn said:

What is magnum opus?

The best most important piece of work done by an artist. 

Phoebe Buffay

the fame monster will always be her magnum opus for me. everything about that album/era is amazing for me, the videos, the lyrics, the visuals, the tour... born this way has way too many fillers and at times cringy lyrics as well.

Archived