Apple Music
lgbt

Fox News: Mike Pence is NOT anti-gay

Featured Posts

Benji

He’s still a closet case in my opinion.  Literally a walking type cast of “the lady doth protest too much”

tomsches

Just because he's against AIDS, doesn't mean he is for gays. Straight people can have AIDS too, plus you don't ONLY get it through sexual contact. 

ImTired
2 hours ago, Ferrara said:

I'm a gay man who knows he's been falsely accused.

President Trump made a bold declaration in his State of the Union address Tuesday calling on "Democrats and Republicans to make the needed commitment to eliminate the HIV epidemic in the United States within 10 years. Together, we will defeat AIDS in America."

The House chamber erupted in an ovation - and among the first to stand applauding was Vice President Mike Pence. If that doesn't seem like the response one would expect from an anti-gay bigot who supports so-called "gay conversion therapy," that's because it isn't.

Despite false accusations made against him, Mike Pence is not anti-gay. As a gay man myself - and someone who not only cares deeply about these issues but advocated on behalf of the LGBT community myself for years - this is not an assertion I make lightly.

At the root of the vice president's erroneous mislabeling as an anti-gay extremist is Pence's admittedly poor handling of the passage of Indiana's version of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act in 2015 during his term as governor of the state. The legislation asserted that government "may not substantially burden a person's exercise of religion" - a rather specific law with narrow applications.

Pence went on the offensive, declaring: "If I saw a restaurant owner refuse to serve a gay couple, I wouldn't eat there anymore," while calling for a détente between advocates of religious liberty and those working toward LGBT equality.

Pence then became the first governor in Indiana history to sign protections into law based on "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" - hardly the actions of an anti-LGBT crusader.

Changing one's "sexual behavior" is far different than changing one's "sexual orientation." In fact, at the time of Pence's proclamation, LGBT advocates were working to promote safer sexual behaviors themselves with condom distribution programs and public education campaigns about HIV transmission.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mike-pence-is-not-anti-gay-im-a-gay-man-who-knows-hes-been-falsely-accused

Most uber religious cristo-fascist clowns like Pence would throw your gay a#@ in jail or worse the first chance they got, and don't you ever forget it.