Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Where do I start with Marina?

monsterhamh

Featured Posts

Emigrante
16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Chronological! I'd also recommend listening to her unreleased stuff.

to be honest I would recommend going chronological but with studio stuff, then eventually with some b-sides and unreleased music, cause it's very raw and unpolished and not everyone can get into those type of things.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

4 hours ago, HelloBarbra said:

Start with Handmade Heaven, then Electra Heart, TFJ and the Froot. Plus Baby and Disconnect

make sure to also give the following a listen on YouTube:

EVOL

Just Desserts w/ Charli XCX

Seventeen

Im Not Hungry Anymore

True Colors - Cyndi Lauper cover

Starstrukk - 3OH!3 cover

and other unreleased material 

I only knew about the first two you mention  - such a bad Stan lol. I need to look those others up. 

I love her so much. In response to the main post: personally when I discover a new artist for myself I just listen to what is current and then slowly go back to the beginning. Sometimes I like to work backwards and sometimes I start at the beginning and work up. With Marina I would probably go backwards.  music and Spotify have good “essentials” playlists too that I’ve liked to help me check out new stuff. 

TFJ was my first listen of hers and Oh No and Radioactive are two of my favorite songs that come to mind of her early stuff. Electra Heart was amazing. Froot had to grow on me but Forget and Can’t Pin Me Down were instant faves from that album. I am living for Handmade Heaven as it is syncing up with how I am feeling in my life and my entire astrological picture right now and sonically it gives me the goosebumps. She looks good too. 

Archived