The delusion!

She knows herself more than ever imo lmao

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
misunderstood
5 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Sweetener, her previous album, came out less than six months ago. And it’s hard not to read Thank U, Next as a set of leftovers from these same 2018 sessions, or an unnecessary sequel to Sweetener’s shining brightness. Sweetener, recorded and released during Grande’s wacky whirlwind relationship with Pete Davidson, felt rushed and ethereal in a fun way; Thank U, Next feels like she’s scrambling to distance herself from Davidson and that period. She's pivoted from head-over-heels codependent lover to confident single party girl in mere months. 

One of the most stupid things I've read.

Album was recorded October-December last year.

****ing dumbasses lmao

Ive been saying this sing TUN (single) was released. To go from sweetener to TUN feels like a step back artistically and honestly makes her career feel all the more manufactured. I stan both albums but the truth is that TUN is mostly disposable pop (music that gets really popular at first but has no memorable qualities), meanwhile sweetener (while it was less popular) feels more special and much more memorable and will probably be remembered much more than TUN. Im not trying to be rude because I really enjoy both albums (ghostin has become a fav of mine), but I feel it needs to be said. :shrug:

TheSlash

I don't think she lost her personality. What I see is very similar to Gaga from late 2011 to 2013/14. She does great music, but it is too much for the GP, thus getting overexposed.

I love her way of thinking to release music if and when she wants to. But she has to be careful to not give too much in a short amount of time :pray:

Ew, David!

StreamDelicate

Um this album is the most honest and personal she's ever gotten lmao. She acknowledges her bad traits and paints a strong image in the listener's head of why her relationships don't work (she's needy, she goes too fast, she stays in relationships that aren't going anywhere, she chases men that have too much baggage to maintain a relationship with & deludes herself into thinking they'll change, etc.). IMO it's a huge step up from Generic Pop Song #392749264 about how much she loves a guy

misunderstood
3 minutes ago, StreamDelicate said:

Um this album is the most honest and personal she's ever gotten lmao. She acknowledges her bad traits and paints a strong image in the listener's head of why her relationships don't work (she's needy, she goes too fast, she stays in relationships that aren't going anywhere, she chases men that have too much baggage to maintain a relationship with & deludes herself into thinking they'll change, etc.). IMO it's a huge step up from Generic Pop Song #392749264 about how much she loves a guy

THANK. U. FOR. THIS. TEA.

RAMROD

People should already guess the quality of that album by those nonsense song titles :giggle:

This is one of those time, y'all who screams basic on things, finally enjoyed one, and even defending the basicness like what I read here :lmao:

Oh how the tables have turned :lmao:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

misunderstood
18 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

People should already guess the quality of that album by those nonsense song titles :giggle:

This is one of those time, y'all who screams basic on things, finally enjoyed one, and even defending the basicness like what I read here :lmao:

Oh how the tables have turned :lmao:

I can just smell the bitterness and obsession. thank u, next.

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

I can just smell the bitterness and obsession. thank u, next.

LatePertinentAlaskajingle-size_restricte

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Luv u Sum

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen :ladyhaha: ppl are just mad she can turn out a sickening album within a few months of a release. :vegas: she remains thriving and unbothered 

JusKeepBreathin

what-is-this-bitch-talking-about.jpg

"Bad Idea" and "Fake Smile" cancels this entire review out.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

GypsyBabe

I haven’t listened to the record and I know next to nothing about her, but I think that there are going to be more reviews like this simply because of overexposure. For some reason overexposure only occurs with female artists. :triggered:

⚯͛

PerfectCure
7 hours ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

Gaga said that she wrote bad romance during the stages of the Fame 

Exactly my point. If it wasn’t included on her first album, does that mean it was a leftover like it was said in the article about Ariana?

• Admin locked this topic

Archived