Universal Pictures: WICKED, December 22, 2021

LateToCult

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Y’all Gaga is TOO OLD FOR THIS :saladga:

dfajkdfkjdhfakjsdkasjd mess I forgot that the book (and musical? not sure) takes place in literal college LOL

3 points in and ready for more

1 hour ago, jezze0410 said:

As much as I would LOVE to see Gaga as Elphaba, I would agree with those who say her voice is not perfectly suited to the role. The question is not whether she can hit the notes, it is where the notes fall in her range. Gaga's tessitura is somewhat lower than is ideal for this role; her Defying Gravity would have to be incredibly belty, for example. Gaga could do Elphaba if they transposed it down a third or so, but then we'd have to defend her against hordes of Broadway traditionalists who insist on roles being performed in their original keys.

I think even Idina Menzel's voice is no longer great for the role; my personal pick would be Alice Fearn, London's current Elphaba. 

Agreed. Even many broadway/west end Elphabas can't hit the highest note in Defying Gravity consistently

I need Gaga in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

1 hour ago, lgaga1fan said:

Yeah... A lot of her singing at Enigma was pretty strained and she had to even lower the keys on songs she used to be able to sing in the orginal key too. Gaga´s voice is just aging a lot and Elphaba is supposed to be like 19-21 too.

Same with Idina, she´s aged too much to be able to reprise the role. Wouldnt fir the look or the voice.

Gather them :applause:

Archived