💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

K.Lamar, Drake & C.Gambino turned down the Grammy

Varo Yan

Featured Posts

Varo Yan

(CNN)The two artists who have the most Grammy nominations this year declined to perform at the show. That's according to Ken Ehrlich, the show's longtime producer.

190208080152-lamar-drake-glover-split-ex

Ehrlich told The New York Times he offered rappers Drake, Lamar and Childish Gambino possible performance slots on Sunday night's show and was rebuffed.

"The fact of the matter is, we continue to have a problem in the hip-hop world," Ehrlich told the paper. "When they don't take home the big prize, the regard of the academy, and what the Grammys represent, continues to be less meaningful to the hip-hop community, which is sad."

Do the Grammys also have a race problem? CNN has reached out to the three rappers for comment.

Lamar leads this year with eight nominations, followed by Drake who has seven. Childish Gambino has five nominations. The Recording Academy has made an effort to diversify its membership amid complaints that the Grammys are not an even playing field for minority and women artists. In 2017, Recording Academy President Neil Portnow said in an interview with Pitchfork that he didn't think there was a race problem.

Grammy chief: There's no 'race problem'. "We don't, as musicians, in my humble opinion, listen to music based on gender or race or ethnicity," Portnow said then. "When you go to vote on a piece of music -- at least the way that I approach it -- is you almost put a blindfold on and you listen."

MORE:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borislshere

Seeing how they tried to play Ariana, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be apart of this show. The grammy's need a face lift and I'm not talking appearance wise. 

• Varo Yan changed the title to K.Lamar, Drake & C.Gambino turned down the Grammy
Monster7

They know they have nothing to do when the rah rah bitch is performing:ally:

Spoiler

Performing Million Reasons for the 57685th time:ally:

Honestly, apart from Kendrick, the other 2 are not bringing a quality hip hop music and they deserved a nomination only for the popularity and not for the quality.. and what is causing is that the put them as the "black decoration" in the categories to show that they are "progressed"..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Serial Chiller

Well I hope this means Gaga sweeps

... and then gets dragged into every ‘#GrammySoWhite’ #lemonadevs25again scathe article.

:triggered:

Delusional Aura
3 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

Well I hope this means Gaga sweeps

... and then gets dragged into every ‘#GrammySoWhite’ #lemonadevs25again scathe article.

:triggered:

The Grammys will end up giving the awards to them in order to satisfy the hip-hop world. :madge:

Not sure why they even bothered asking Drake because he never performs at award shows anyway. Try and think of a Drake performance....I'll wait :nails:

JevyDuty

I........

Ok... the entertainment industry is racist, misogynist and somewhat homophobic and it's refleftive in the awards shows.... particularly the Grammys and Oscars... the only time they win, it's when a straight/white/man takes the credit behind the scene.

This is the norm. Anything else is the exception. So don't come for me.

Archived