đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Has Rihanna Lasted So Long?

Economy

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

She's a great shape shifter. 

Her albums tend to cater to the present sound of music. She also offers r&b and dance-pop music at once, which appeals to different markets. 

Plus she's honestly likable. She never gets wrapped up in pettiness. She just lives her life

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who says she's single artist or not a good vocalist clearly haven't check her discography nor her live performances. :lolly:

People like her because she's authentic and they can relate to her. She's a bitch (in a very good way) and does what she want's to. She has enormous and I'd say the most diverse discography of the pop girls. She knows how to sell but at the same time be true to her roots and herself. Massive sex appeal, I mean there's no human in earth who thinks Rihanna is unattractive. And she has unique voice. 

I mean she's powerful name. Her name in any song can make a hit these days and she's been always good at predicting where the music land scene is going: 2012 was the rise of EDM = she released WFL and WHYB, both heavily influenced by EDM. Late 2012 and 2013 was a time when ''soft pop'' was becoming a thing and she released Diamonds, Stay and dipped her fingers to more modern-urban RnB with Pour It Up which was starting to grow again. And lastly she had a major impact with Anti: the album basically helped to swift layered, urban sounding and minimalist song structures to the mainstream and many people call it an album lacking hits yet still being one of the most successful female era's this century. 

A legend.

29 minutes ago, AndiGaga said:

1. She may not be the best singer but her voice is unique, you cann tell its her from second 1 of a song

actually, many times I confused her with Sia when one of them had new song :laughga:

I think it's the right songs, the right genres and it's her cool idgaf attitude.. also her accent is beautiful and addicting.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

She’s everything Gaga is not. Relatable. Cool for the youth. Sex appeal. And the sound of her music is whatever is trending at the moment. She was my main pop girl before I started listening to Gaga. 

Bradley

She's actually different from everyone else and is NOT generic.

Her music is always extremely catchy and there are so many great songs that get hooked in your head every time they are released, whether it's dance-pop, R&B, trap, EDM, pop ballads, soul, Rihanna's vocals work on so many genres that you see so many different sides of her, and her studio vocals are extremely appealing.

Her voice is actually filled with so much emotion whether in an uptempo and midtempo song that she seems to bring out the best in every song, if the song is supposed to evoke a particular kind of feeling for the listener, Rihanna always hits the target and do exactly that.

Her image has always been interesting, she serves high fashion, incorporate some dancing, and has visually entertaining music videos and live performances, I mean she does everything a pop star is required to do, how can she fail?

The only thing I wish she improved in was her live vocal delivery, especially in dance songs. She sounds great while she's not moving but she always skips 40% of the song whenever she's performing to an uptempo track. Also she needs to invest more in her concerts and bring on top-notch visuals because Gaga, Katy, Swift and Beyonce have upped the ante in this game in recent years when she's doing business.

Reject False Icons

Actually it's very interesting that she can keep up with the Pop landscape not too early to be misunderstood but not too late when the genre sounds outdated.

Also It's really curious how she hasn't had overexposure or a meltdown since she didn't stop for 5 continuous years 2007-2012

FentyGa

She's pretty, relatable, unproblematic, unique...
She also goes with the times when it comes to music, but does them in her own way and sets trends, rather than follow them.
Her voice is also infectious.

Smother Em Eh

Cuz she is always pumping out singles and has sex appeal. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

StrawberryBlond

I've often wondered the same thing. I once heard someone say "have you ever seen someone so untalented get so far in your life?" and while I think there's many out there who have less talent, she's definitely up there with the least talented singers. Usually, they can only last for so long. Her voice isn't amazing, she doesn't write the bulk of her own songs (several of her albums, including her 2 massive hits, had no songs written by her and it took until her 8th album before she started putting in work on every track), she can't play an instrument, she can't even properly dance. I don't even think she has stage presence. So many people think she's amazingly beautiful but I've never agreed, although she is striking to look at. And her sexuality is all so generic and not really natural to me. And to me, the biggest problem is her attitude. I am mystified that so many of you say she's likeable. She's been very big-headed for years and has been rude to interviewers, her band and even fans on Twitter (she said one ripped off her outfit for her prom dress and didn't look as good and said a fan looked like goat when she criticised her for getting back with Chris). I don't know how someone like that keeps fans because that's the quickest way to lose them. I've always said that artists who treat everyone around them terribly don't deserve fame and success.

So, I guess the key lies in her producing the most of-the-moment sounds and doing it while being young and "hot." And its helped that she's featured some huge names on her big hits. You'll notice that a lot of her biggest hits ever have a feature tag in them so it's not as if she's selling all these hits on her own name recognition. Talk That Talk only had 2 hits, both of which mentioned Calvin Harris in the feature and Work was the only worldwide hit from Anti and also happened to feature Drake. So, she frequently uses others to boost her name and so she can have positive association. But I've always said that when she gets older and her looks begin to fade, she'll be done and when she hits 30, she'll no longer have that youth market supporting her. Seeing as she's about to turn 31 and has been out of the limelight for a while, I really think her young audience have moved on to the likes of Taylor, Cardi and Ariana. I'm honestly shocked that the public never really got bored of her and that no one really tried to take Rihanna's role as the bad ass bitch all this time but those three aformentioned acts are getting closer to this what with making rebellious images recently. It's hard to believe that Rihanna's only released one album since 2012 when she used to be an serial annual releaser. Its been over 3 years since her last album and I feel it's really going to hit her hard. I think she'll really struggle to come back after all this time. This is when we'll truly see how much longer she's going to extend her legacy.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:51 PM, Ferrara said:

She’s everything Gaga is not. Relatable. Cool for the youth. Sex appeal.

Gaga has all those things in spades. She could run rings round Rihanna on those elements. It's just that she was never marketed as any of those things so people think she doesn't have them whereas Rihanna was marketed as all these things from the beginning. Notice how Gaga sang about weed on AP but no one thought she was cool for that because she wasn't marketed as such? But Rihanna is considered cool for doing the same things? It's all to do with the packaging.

CataleyaDeters
23 hours ago, Dream Rider said:

Actually it's very interesting that she can keep up with the Pop landscape not too early to be misunderstood but not too late when the genre sounds outdated.

Also It's really curious how she hasn't had overexposure or a meltdown since she didn't stop for 5 continuous years 2007-2012

she did have a meltdown i think internally cause honestly that abusive boyfriend :/  and I don´t know if her family upring was as hard as nicki but still not great? ...So maybe great friends the ability to let go and to overcome trauma with her music or work ?  

Cataleya Deters

I love how the first couple comments are about her looks as if she’s mostly getting by on looks. Rihanna is a smart business woman & artists. She’s very careful about who she works with. She’s versatile and since the beginning she has shown that. 

She doesn’t get caught up with the media drama, artist beefs or politics but instead stays focused on her art/work. She obviously has a good team of people around her. Rih makes music for everyone.

It has nothin to do with her being “the only young black pop star” or having songs written for her. It’s her business ethic, and people love her. That’s it.

Archived