new music

Marina - Handmade Heaven

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
youandi

I really like it. Still kind of seems an odd choice for a 'lead' single but I feel like artists are moving away from the traditional lead single style release like last year when Florence releases Sky Full Of Song as the first look at High As Hope and then about a month later Hunger came out which almost acted as a lead, bringing in the era

teenagechrist

She's ****ing BACK, I LOVE IT. I was kind of underwhelmed with Baby (mainly because Fonsi ruins the song for me, the chorus is great), but this is the Marina I love, I'm so happy. Sounds like something from Froot, kind of like Gold/Blue but miles better. 

feeling so hot tamale

imnotyourbabe10

As I said in another thread, this is that mid-tempo existential pop we need these days!

It's such a beautiful, dare I say slightly melancholic, track but also a bop!  Definitely some Froot vibes going on (Solitaire to an extent, as some have already mentioned).  Hope the album isn't too far off!  (I haven't heard an announcement yet).

I'm not ready for this year.  Marina and Dido (March 9th album) and Lana (right?) are coming to serve us their philosophical and thoughtful bops. :diane:

If only we could get a hold of Alanis Morissette and Sarah McLachlan to bring back some Lilith Fair/late 90's music.  :pray:  I know Sheryl Crow is supposed to release some duets, too. 

(Sorry ya'll, I just get super excited for mid-tempo pop and mindful lyrics from female artists and tend to blur the lines between themes found in Handmade Heaven those mentioned above).

Serial Chiller
2 hours ago, youandi said:

I really like it. Still kind of seems an odd choice for a 'lead' single but I feel like artists are moving away from the traditional lead single style release like last year when Florence releases Sky Full Of Song as the first look at High As Hope and then about a month later Hunger came out which almost acted as a lead, bringing in the era

omg i’ve always thought Hunger was the lead. flop me. :toofunny:

anyway, hoping to be able to get tix for queen flo’s upcoming us tour. :giveup:

iAstroLeo

I am slayed! I find this song to be about you feeling you don't belong and pretty bummed out about life, so you created your own Paradise in your head to cope, beautiful!

I'm a big fan of marina but i found this shallow .. And honestly this make me sad cause i was expecting something better than this especially that "joel little" is the one who produced it (joel little is behind the masterpiece pure heroine by lords and he produced some great songs for sam smith -imagine dragons-tove lo-broods etc) 

HausOfHarlow

I'm really enjoying the new track! I love how fresh it sounds. Something about her vocals and its production just sounds so pleasing. Looking forward to this new era!

Infinity Wave
On 2/8/2019 at 1:02 PM, Serial Chiller said:

omg i’ve always thought Hunger was the lead. flop me. :toofunny:

anyway, hoping to be able to get tix for queen flo’s upcoming us tour. :giveup:

But it was? :huh:

Sky full of songs was released om world record day or smth like that, it was a promo single I think

Colourful

Emigrante
11 hours ago, Anisko said:

I'm a big fan of marina but i found this shallow .. And honestly this make me sad cause i was expecting something better than this especially that "joel little" is the one who produced it (joel little is behind the masterpiece pure heroine by lords and he produced some great songs for sam smith -imagine dragons-tove lo-broods etc) 

Shallow? Elaborate please. Lyrics wise? Production wise? Rachel Weiss?

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Archived