šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy's Halftime Show is Underrated

Suspiria

Featured Posts

Gagas1Person
3 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I suppose you're right. But still, to not represent any of her work from 2011-2017 makes it seem like she was just a fad with a few hits in 2009.

Honestly I'm just bitter about the ARTPOP snub:selena:

Ā 

However, Katy didn't lipsync? You can hear her getting out of breath in California Gurls.

I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree about the production...

Pretty sure she's lipsyncing and the breathing was intended to make It sound as much natural as possibile. Knowing her skills, Katy would have sounded trembly while doing movements, plus she's overexaggerating facial movements especially with notes that wouldn't need such a widespread mouth to be sung, plus her abdomen is always relaxed which is not what an unexpert Singer as Katy would do, that's the First hint you should take to tell when somebody is lipsyncing.Ā 

It may sound strange, but my old music teacher, who was a soprano in the St. Charles Theatre (the most ancient Theatre in Italy) once said that that your voice goes along with your look, and now I understand

I didn't choose Gaga, Gaga chose me

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

It was fun but just not so very memorable. It didn't feel like a Superbowl performance. She just needed that extra umphf and it wasn't there. Also, she seemed strangely out of character, probably because of nerves.

TBH the opening was amazing and the show was pretty fun from start to end. On another note... I hated Gaga's stage design. I'm not sure why but it looked so... Square and those towers. But it did look amazing during Bad Romance. I just was expecting something more "organic".

FATCAT

I think she could have done a lot better and done it with more serious intent. I mean dancing sharks? It was ridiculed for a reason.

Purr more, hiss less.

Smother Em Eh

Yes it is underrated but I feel like the left shark stole the show. It was like the only part of it that blew up!Ā 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Married the Night

Gagaā€™s was better. She should have just cut Love Game and added Applause.Ā 

EnigmaGaga
23 minutes ago, Married the Night said:

Gagaā€™s was better. She should have just cut Love Game and added Applause.Ā 

I mean Applause was a hit so I dont know why she did not perform it?

Slap honey on a young pancake.

theahsfan
1 hour ago, Suspiria said:

So you're saying Gaga would still be known as the world-renowned spectacular performer megastar she is today without all the costumes, props, sets and choreo? Of course she wouldn't.

A good voice is great and all, but you need more than that to put on a real spectacle. Otherwise you're no different than the billions of other people with good voices out there.

Weā€™re making the point that she hasnā€™t got the voice. Strip away the theatrics and you have, well...Ā 

Gaga is making the lists of the best halftime shows because of her voice partly alongside theatrics but her voice is a huge part of it, whereas with Katy itā€™s the theatrics and lion and visuals etc. Not her voiceĀ 

StrawberryBlond

Katy's was one of my favourite shows. Ok, she doesn't have the best voice, nor did she provide any instrument playing or amazing dancing and her show was rather childish in parts. But it was fun, entertaining, a visual treat and she was having the time of her life. She was also really smart with song choice. Every song on the setlist (of her own) went to #1 in the US, ensuring that the majority of people would recognise and like them (Roar was the only one I wasn't that keen on and Firework's ok but I love all the others). I also liked the Lenny and Missy sections. A halftime doesn't always have to be an outpouring of musicianship, it just has to be entertaining. And she gave me more entertainment than some previous performers could.

FentyGa
23 hours ago, theahsfan said:

Strip the theatrics (which were the best part) and what do you get?Ā 

Ā 

But the point is that the theatrics were there. They're a part of the show.
They all came together to make the halftime show, and it was probably one of the most entertaining ones.
Loved it.

I didn't think Katy's was bad.Ā 

It was much better than Madonna's attempt to stay modern byĀ featuringĀ Nicki, MIA, and LMFAO

It was good.. But here is my thing.. It didnt shock me.. It just looked like a Katy Performance.. A mini concert. Where as gaga decided to draw inspiration from Spider man, Spongebob, and God Ha self..Ā 

ryhanna

It was very good.

Super bowl halftime show should be purely fun and that's what Katy does best. I mean, people made fun of stuff like left shark, but cmon, we remember it because it was silly and goofy and fun and very Katy.

Archived