💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Was Worse?

DiscoHeaven23

Worst Half Time Show this Decade  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Super Bowl halftime show was worse?

• Black Eyed Peas
    • Maroon 5

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

When the Black Eyed Peas did the Super Bowl in 2011, it was widely regarded as the worst halftime show of all time.

...But now we have Maroon 5. 

Which half time show was worse? 

Hey! I want to see NO Black Eyed Peas slander on here thank you. They entered the show flying in from above, Fergie sung 'Sweet child o Mine' with Slash, Usher turned up, lit up the stadium with LOVE for Where is the Love and had full choreography for their finale I Gotta Feeling. It was miles better than Maroon 5, there is no comparison. :bye:

rumours

The Black Eyes Peas one was (imo) worse in the traditional sense. However, it was more entertaining than Maroon5 in that it was messy as hell. All the Maroon5 show did was bore me and make me realize how much better their music used to be. 

LadyLuca

What was wrong with the Black Eyed Peas SB? seemed okay for me?

explain please. Maybe I really didnt get it

StrawberryBlond

Still Maroon 5. BEP, for all their errors, were at least trying. They put in choreography (even if it wasn't all from them), interesting staging with backing dancer involvement, they moulded around their featured performers. I felt sorry for them when you realised in their faces that it was going horribly wrong. But Maroon 5 were just an all-round shambles with no effort, who didn't seem to care and were totally disconnected throughout. I'd take trying but failing over not even trying any day.

2 hours ago, LadyLuca said:

What was wrong with the Black Eyed Peas SB? seemed okay for me?

explain please. Maybe I really didnt get it

Right from the start, there were microphone issues. Fergie's mic didn't seem on loud enough though it got better as time went on. None of them were giving their best vocal performances and sounded out-of-tune, with even Fergie, who does normally have a good voice, sounding awkwardly bad for the most part. And while they put in some choreo, it was very basic and it was Usher who did the better dancing. All in all, it was a show that demonstrated all their weaknesses as a group and showed that they weren't an act that brought it when live and showed how much they hid behind studio versions to mask their weak live vocals. If they did that show today, there would be a proper Wiki page dedicated to it and the reviews it got but as such, there really is no info about it other than the songs they sung. This was just before I started watching SBs, but as I understand, the critics gave them a thrashing and it was partly the reason why they took a very long hiatus afterwards.

Smother Em Eh

Black Eyed Peas SBHTS was a masterpiece compared to Maroon 5’s tragic one. :saladga:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived