Stefani Tee
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
lgbt

Study shows that European gay men increasingly vote far-right extremists

Featured Posts

Economy

Here's a concept...

Some LGBT may not make LGBT the one single issue determining who they vote for... There's other issues in life that might actually sway some to vote right wing...

I'm tired of some people acting like some specific social issues should define my entire political opinion :saladga:

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

The far-right in the US and in Europe are very different sides of the same medallion. In Europe, the focus heavily on uneducated and poor people while never having a plan on how to help these people. They just say: "Immigrant cost us money that the government should invest in you".

US Republicans also focus on poor uneducated people. They literally blame the lack of good jobs on immigrants and use dog whistles for racists 

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1

WarriorPhoenix
Just now, Benji said:

We’re quite lucky that most of our parties are pretty central and only lean slightly one way or the other :laughga:

I can’t with Corbyn anymore.  I voted Labour in our last couple of elections but his vagueness on Brexit and his parties ideas on Brexit are ridiculous.  I like quite a few of their policies but the current party is disaster with only a few good MPs.

Same here, I supported Miliband (even if he was pathetic) but Corbyn is ridiculous. I've been supporting the Lib Dems or Green recently, that's how desperate I've gotten

“And his unkindness may defeat my life, But never taint my love”

Azor Ahai
11 minutes ago, Benji said:

I’m not sure why they included the Conservative party.  They have an anti-LGBT history but they’ve modernised over the years and they’re generally central or slightly right leaning on most subjects.

I’ve considered voting for them in the past and believe they are actually currently the most able party for the U.K.

Aaaaand this is what many Gay men think about their own local parties and why they end up voting for them.

Mystery solved

It's not that I don't wanna love you

corvus albus
Just now, Supersonic said:

I would have agreed 5 years ago, but as of now... i think we've fallen behind massively again.

Our right wing party doesn't have wide acceptance like in France and it certainly doesn't rule us like in Poland or Austria. As long as there is a societal agreement between a clear majority of voters to never even touch the alt-right it is manageable. When the AfD manages to join the government somewhere we have an actual problem because then it is clear that the AfD is here to stay.

Am I standing still?

Vergil
24 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

The fact that gay people vote for someone who is against everything they represent and who publicly speaks against it is really worrying. I don’t understand why. Maybe they agree with different parts of their political views and think they can change their views on LGBT rights? I don’t think it’s the fact that they are closeted because this is clearly statistically done on openly gay people. 

The answer is rich gays who will never be affected by the homophobic views of those political parties. At least that’s what happened in my country.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Economy
25 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

The fact that gay people vote for someone who is against everything they represent and who publicly speaks against it is really worrying. I don’t understand why. Maybe they agree with different parts of their political views and think they can change their views on LGBT rights? I don’t think it’s the fact that they are closeted because this is clearly statistically done on openly gay people. 

That's the thing tho. If someone is of the LGBT is that the one thing in life that describes them?

I may be married to a woman but I'm bisexual and part of LGBT and while it does matter to me...

I would never make LGBT issues the 1 single thing to determine who I support. To be blunt, there's other issues in life as well besides just LGBT issues

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Varys
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

US Republicans also focus on poor uneducated people. They literally blame the lack of good jobs on immigrants and use dog whistles for racists 

But the truth is in europe or at least my country not one rich person would vote for the extreme right because they are economically left but socially extreme right

rich people vote for the liberal party which is the opposite of what I wrote above so @OG Gaga Stan was just wrong

• Like 1

corvus albus
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

This may be true but unlike in the US were the Republicans have a very rich very white core voter base, in Germany for example, our alt-right party doesn't have anything like that. If our two main parties were able to get their sh!t together as we saw in some local elections the problems nearly evaporates. In the US the Republicans will stay in Germany the AfD can implode any minute when our other parties could actually figure out a strategy for ou country.

Am I standing still?
  • Like 1

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Varys said:

But the truth is in europe or at least my country not one rich person would vote for the extreme right because they are economically left but socially extreme right

rich people vote for the liberal party which is the opposite of what I wrote above so @OG Gaga Stan was just wrong

OH ok I get it. 

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no
  • Like 1

corvus albus
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

That's the thing tho. If someone is of the LGBT is that the one thing in life that describes them?

I may be married to a woman but I'm bisexual and part of LGBT and while it does matter to me...

I would never make LGBT issues the 1 single thing to determine who I support. To be blunt, there's other issues in life as well besides just LGBT issues

To say it bluntly: not paying some higher taxes is more important than the basic need for medicine, which is something Republicans are making harder to get?

Edited by corvus albus
Am I standing still?
  • Thanks 1

ReginaGeorge
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

But is it worth it if your most basic right is being questioned and it’s the right to love anyone you want to? I understand what you are saying but it’s not benefiting you more than making it worse in my opinion because eventually they can give you whatever you want but they will take that one thing that you love away from you

• Like 3

Azor Ahai
8 minutes ago, Economy said:

Here's a concept...

Some LGBT may not make LGBT the one single issue determining who they vote for... There's other issues in life that might actually sway some to vote right wing...

I'm tired of some people acting like some specific social issues should define my entire political opinion :saladga:

I mean the rights to exist, reproduce, love, get married and have children seem  important enough for most people. 

It's not that I don't wanna love you
  • Like 8