💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Bradley lost at the DGA

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

Gagz4Gaga

He was bested by Alfonso Cuaron for best director feature film. And he also surprisingly lost to Bo Burnham for first-time director.

Why do the guilds hate him and ASIB, I can’t. These losing streaks are way too much. :messga:

nostalgia’s for geeks

If you think a singer to actress has a stigma, you can't believe how the stigma is worst for an actor to director.. especially after his recent "popular" films..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

fivefoottwo

gosh i feel so so bad for him. but at least he's receiving so much praise and acclaim for his work in ASIB, i hope he's coping well 

Didymus

Just way too strong competition this year. I’m not surprised at all Bo won and I’m happy he did, when you break it down he did actually get greater acclaim for his film and he also wrote it as an original film :shrug:

2020Covid19IsOurs
22 minutes ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

And he also surprisingly lost to Bo Burnham for first-time director

:saira:

The movie had so much momentum when it started. What's happening :selena:

Gaga x JeffHardy x BillMaher

2School4Cool

In all honesty I expected him to sweep every award for his direction, especially for it being his first time directing. He did such a stellar job, not just with directing but acting as well. Losing awards doesn’t take away from the fact that his skill touched so many people and will continue to for years to come.

See The Best In Everyone

I do think a lot of why Bradley is losing nearly all his categories is because he framed himself as a director first with this film. I think it made him seem pretentious to some voters who are super critical of actors turned directors in the 1st place. I really think that since this was his first film as a director he should of promoted himself more as an actor even though he did direct everything etc..it would of served him better and then for his next movies he could of pushed the "i am a director 1st" narrative and image a little more. It sucks he is losing literally due to the way he branded himself during this award season...he deserves so much more for ASIB. :( 

MelbHawker

What irks me is that ASIB has won no majors. Bradley deserves something for his work, honestly. No bias because I love Gaga. Green Book, Bohemian Rhapsody - such mediocre films. Especially the latter. 

If not for his directing (because Alfonso cannot and will not be beaten), then for his acting. His turn as Jackson is his career-best. All the praise and nominations have been so fantastic, but he deserves a win. 

misunderstood
15 minutes ago, dit said:

I do think a lot of why Bradley is losing nearly all his categories is because he framed himself as a director first with this film. I think it made him seem pretentious to some voters who are super critical of actors turned directors in the 1st place. I really think that since this was his first film as a director he should of promoted himself more as an actor even though he did direct everything etc..it would of served him better and then for his next movies he could of pushed the "i am a director 1st" narrative and image a little more. It sucks he is losing literally due to the way he branded himself during this award season...he deserves so much more for ASIB. :( 

Just cause they feel inferior and talentless cause he called himself a director doesn’t mean he should lose, that’s their problem along with every single person who actually uses the word “pretentious”

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

StarstruckIllusion
25 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

What irks me is that ASIB has won no majors. Bradley deserves something for his work, honestly. No bias because I love Gaga. Green Book, Bohemian Rhapsody - such mediocre films. Especially the latter. 

If not for his directing (because Alfonso cannot and will not be beaten), then for his acting. His turn as Jackson is his career-best. All the praise and nominations have been so fantastic, but he deserves a win. 

****. Oscars sweetie, you need to come thru

CautiousLurker

Why does everyone assume just because he lost, it was because of some vendetta against him or because he didn't package himself the right way? Alfonso Cuaron did an amazing job, so did Bo - both of their films are fantastic... 

Mirages

Fvck the guilds and awards shows... Like he literally spent 4 years on this movie, learned to sing, directed, wrote the script, produced the movie, wrote music for it and acted in it. And a fvcking Rami is besting him for acting when all he did was lip sync and out on dentures and wasn't even good at that. And Bradley is not winning anything? Well bell's fire save the matches fvck a duck and see what hatches - least memorable award season to date. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

KatieJudasGaga4
1 hour ago, Mirages said:

Fvck the guilds and awards shows... Like he literally spent 4 years on this movie, learned to sing, directed, wrote the script, produced the movie, wrote music for it and acted in it. And a fvcking Rami is besting him for acting when all he did was lip sync and out on dentures and wasn't even good at that. And Bradley is not winning anything? Well bell's fire save the matches fvck a duck and see what hatches - least memorable award season to date. 

I know right, like I think Rami did a great job on acting, but he had the accent in the movie and in some parts were too forced. IMO Bradley deserves it way more. He sang in the movie and learned how to play instruments. Yea Rami studied Freddie Mercury's life (or something like that), but Bradley literally had vocal lessons and instrument lessons.

So what you're saying is, he was nominated! As one of the five best directors of the year! And his very first time, too! Congrats Bradley. :)

monketsharona

Maybe it's going to hurt some of you but Alfonso Cuaron >>>>>> Bradley Cooper as a director

Archived