💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Ariana an icon?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

AlexanderMagno
8 hours ago, RadioIsOurs said:

Gurl most people don't even associate Madonna with thr ponytail... 

8 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

Ponytail? Madonna? I'm a huge pop culture geek and even I didn't know Madonna was famous for a ponytail and I can assure I've never met a bigger pop culture icon than myself :pawsup: 

So... nah, Ariana is literally known for her ponytail. Ask the gp how she looks like and they'll mention the ponytail. Madonna is known for many things but definitley not a ponytail :laughga: 

I guess you haven't met many pop culture experts then :reductive:

Well everyone here clearly answered you anyway, so be humble. Maybe one day Ariana is able to make the ponytail her trademark, but not just yet.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RadioIsOurs
14 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Well everyone here clearly answered you anyway, so be humble. Maybe one day Ariana is able to make the ponytail her trademark, but not just yet.

Lol just go search madonna/madonna young/madonna 1990 on Google images and see how often the ponytail image pops up. Of course many people do know that Madonna had a ponytail look, but it's definitely not the first image people think of when they think of Madonna. 

Whereas Ariana has consistently based her image on that one ponytail look, which makes it the first thing people instantly associate her with. 

JusKeepBreathin
15 hours ago, Mer Boy said:

The blonde ambition pony tail is one of her most iconic looks. It's probably her most recognisable looks tbh. :duck: 

AG's pony tail is different though - it's way longer and brown. 

Barbara Eden's pony tail is Iconic, Madonna's not so much. Madonna's most iconic hair was probably the platinum blonde pixie cut she wore for Papa Don't Preach, True Blue and Open Your Heart. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JustTea

Definetly not. She is nothing new or iconic, just overrated atm. I can't even name any of her songs by sound/melody. :trollga:

gumzy3000

Nope. I have relatives who live all around the world and I can tell you she is not known in many places. Lady Gaga is definitely known all over the world and she is an icon. If you go to China, people there wont care for Ariana but if you say Gaga or Madonna or Britney, definitely 

trolly troll troll

CannaeDrive

AS the legendary Ne-Yo already said a few years back: "Ariola will not stand the test Of time"

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Well, if we look at the definition of an Icon (a person or thing regarded as a representative symbol or as worthy of veneration), a not someone's personal opinion, no she is not.

jaXXXon
9 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Ariana has ONE trademark and that's the ponytail. Ask anyone to describe Ariana's looks and they'll mention her ponytail. It's her trademark.

Madonna has had many looks over the years and if you ask a person there'll be different answers. LMFAO at you guys thinking EVERYONE will be thinking and naming Madonna's ponytail as her most signature look when she's had others. Ariana literally only has the ponytail, a pretty consistent look at that. 

Archived