Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Ariana an icon?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

Ari is 5 & 1/2 years into her career and has released 4 Albums (with one on the way) and has gotten a lot of popularity since then.

Gaga was an icon literally like a year into her career with the singles, Just Dance, Poker Face, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone and their videos, her 2009 VMA Performance, boundary pushing artistry, outrageous Fashion etc. but what about Ariana? 

Is Ariana an icon? Has she given us anything to be considered an icon? 

Discuss Little Monsters! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, but she's definitely an icon for doughnut loving terrorists :trollga:

Guys I'm kidding, calm down :laughga:

AlexanderMagno

No.

An icon is recognisable by one symbol alone. Ariana Grande has no image (the ponytail is still Madonna's).

An icon has a song that will always be remembered and played. You still listen to Bad Romance or Like a Prayer on the radio. Is there a song from her first three albums that still gets a lot of radioplay?

An icon is admired and acclaimed and inspires basically everyone. She hasn't reached that sort of acclaim.

Being extremely successful (and she is right now) is far from being an icon. 

Lol def yes. Maybe it will not last decades but at the moment she's one of the most popular artists around the world and I can see it last for a few more years. Her makeup, fashion and hairstyle are iconic and is imitated and recognized everywhere, even her singing style.

VoldeLorde2

Hell no. She won’t be remembered the same way Gaga, Beyoncé, and Madonna will be remembered, aka having a cultural impact

On her way.. But not yet. 

However her Visual She Served for Thank you, Next is iconic.. Fight me haters. :triggered: 

BUtterfield 8
15 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

No.

An icon is recognisable by one symbol alone. Ariana Grande has no image (the ponytail is still Madonna's).

An icon has a song that will always be remembered and played. You still listen to Bad Romance or Like a Prayer on the radio. Is there a song from her first three albums that still gets a lot of radioplay?

An icon is admired and acclaimed and inspires basically everyone. She hasn't reached that sort of acclaim.

Being extremely successful (and she is right now) is far from being an icon. 

I still hear Problem, side to side, bang bang, & love me harder a lot 

I mean she's not really 5.5 years into her career, lots of (American) kids grew up with her on Victorious, and Sam & Cat was a thing, so technicallyyyy she's been around for 9 years :vegas:  which does impact who listens to her and streams her now imo. like Selena Gomez, without Wizards she wouldn't have a career in music lol (for sure Cat's role wasn't so huge, but she was there lol and had a presence)

Archived