Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

#12 Secret Garden

tuxpi-com-1549116129.jpg

Average: 7,644
Stans: GagaInTheZone - 11
Haters: corvus albus - 2
Commentary:
shoful - Not my favorite song on the album but truly a great closer to this genius album. Dita ends this sexual education with her discussing the delicacy of her vulva. A jazz inspired song that sums up this album perfectly.
GagaInTheZone - Amazing lyrics, talking about her vagina with references to nature. I love how she talks/whispers during the verses and sings so softly in the chorus. The song has a comforting/chill atmosphere, it's so enjoyable. One of her most experimental and best songs ever imo
That J - Returning once more to the jazz funk of other songs before it, the final track of Erotica is a stunning finish. Amazing instrumental with absolute fierce honesty in the lyrics, THIS was Madonna as honest and mature than ever! She wants to know the color of her hair, what lies in her secret garden...that one untorn petal..."that's where I can be born. In my secret garden". Madonna was aware of time passing and she was thinking of a family of her own. It would be a handful of years before that began to come true but for now the bad girl had cleansed herself of the fantasy and is now back again. Dita started the party and a wiser Madonna left the room reborn in her secret garden.
The Louvre - Erotica's signature instrumental and spoken word are back for the final song, however, she's done it better in other Erotica tracks.
corvus albus - And going back to an inferior version of Where Life Begins. Now we don’t have a lullaby but a beat nearly as bad as Justify My Love. Not liking this one
Hexxx - Perfect closing to the album. I like to consider Where Life Begins and Secret Garden to be sister songs.
Davian - Outro could have been way shorter but it’s a good track overall. Love the piano :golfclap:

I'm glad it's out. I don't like the song. I gave Did You Do It? even more points :ohwell:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

the next song is a bop y'all :grr: i love it so much that i don't wanna post it :selena:

Words? :cryga:

Phoebe Buffay

#11 Words

tuxpi-com-1549032292.jpg

Average: 7,788
Stans: Phoebe Buffay, gabrielflorin01, shoful, MaryJaneHolland - 10
Haters: Hexxx - 2
Commentary:
shoful - A genius song that goes on about how this person is a liar and Dita is fed up with them. That only actions will change things while their words are broken promises. Dita uses an array of vocabulary to say that this person is very conceited and that they are very fake and don't live up to what they say. Madonna shows her true lyrical power in this song!
GagaInTheZone - Very catchy song, I love the personification of "words", but it's a bit too long for my taste
That J - And here is where I do a little editing of my own. I love the instrumental of Words but it does go on a bit too long and it's just not a song I particularly care for fully.
The Louvre - It's alright, but drags on too long for me. Doesn't deliver anything special lyrically for me.
corvus albus - People say this is similar to Thief of Hearts. This may be true but there’s one very important distancing factor. This song is actually good  Great music, actually hard-hitting lyrics and great vocal performance by Madonna. (not something i can say very often)

2 minutes ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

#11 Words

tuxpi-com-1549032292.jpg

Average: 7,788
Stans: Phoebe Buffay, gabrielflorin01, shoful, MaryJaneHolland - 10
Haters: Hexxx - 2
Commentary:
shoful - A genius song that goes on about how this person is a liar and Dita is fed up with them. That only actions will change things while their words are broken promises. Dita uses an array of vocabulary to say that this person is very conceited and that they are very fake and don't live up to what they say. Madonna shows her true lyrical power in this song!
GagaInTheZone - Very catchy song, I love the personification of "words", but it's a bit too long for my taste
That J - And here is where I do a little editing of my own. I love the instrumental of Words but it does go on a bit too long and it's just not a song I particularly care for fully.
The Louvre - It's alright, but drags on too long for me. Doesn't deliver anything special lyrically for me.
corvus albus - People say this is similar to Thief of Hearts. This may be true but there’s one very important distancing factor. This song is actually good  Great music, actually hard-hitting lyrics and great vocal performance by Madonna. (not something i can say very often)

A BOP but too forgettable on this album tbh :classy: But the song BOOOOOPP

corvus albus
Just now, Phoebe Buffay said:

ikr :air: it's in my top 5 from this godly album. :air:

Why do bad things happen to good songs? @Hexxx eggsplain :triggered:

Archived