Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IAmNotHere1997
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

There's nothing wrong with the song

Still...A 10? 10 (TEN)? I'm really curious to see the songs you rated the worst :ladyhaha:

MaryJaneHolland
7 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Still...A 10? 10 (TEN)? I'm really curious to see the songs you rated the worst :ladyhaha:

Where Life Begins with a 5.

corvus albus
1 minute ago, GagaInTheZone said:

I'm here and I hope people supported Secret Garden !

Not me :selena:

Phoebe Buffay

#13 Bye Bye Baby

tuxpi-com-1549116402.jpg

Average: 7,422
Stans: MaryJaneHolland, shoful - 10
Haters: Hexxx - 3
Commentary:
shoful - The diss track that keeps on giving. This is definitely the coldest out of all the tracks shown by the first line: "This is not a love song." Dita reflects on a previous relationship and only wants her ex-lover to feel pain and humility. This song is riddled with cold, dismissive and mean lines. The perfect song to show how your broken heart will break them.
That J - While the elements on the vocals may not be for everyone, Bye Bye Baby picks up perfectly where Fever leaves off. We are in a full blown funk house dance party. "This is not a love song" she sings in the background as perhaps a follow up to her song "Love Song" from Like A Prayer, the album which proceeded this. Bye Bye Baby also sports a super fun ending leading up to a fan favorite and nice hit from the record.
The Louvre - One of my favourite Madonna songs, I don't know why. It references LAP's Love Song which I love as well and I think I just love the ATTITUDE in this song. The girl is done crying and just lays it all out for her pathetic ex-lover. Adios!
corvus albus - The sample feels kinda clumsily integrated. Sorry
swakby - It’s catchy but I just never dug into it. Lyrics are too cheesy and childish. Sounds like something the Spice Girls would release.
Davian - I really don’t like the vocals here. They are too much in the background in comparison with the other tracks.

shoful

I HAVE ARRIVED. Im at the gym so i will try to participate as much as I can!

who knocked out Bye Bye Baby so soon! ITS ICONIC. ESPECIALLY THE PERFORMANCE AT THE VMAS “Get the picture”

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Phoebe Buffay

#12 Secret Garden

tuxpi-com-1549116129.jpg

Average: 7,644
Stans: GagaInTheZone - 11
Haters: corvus albus - 2
Commentary:
shoful - Not my favorite song on the album but truly a great closer to this genius album. Dita ends this sexual education with her discussing the delicacy of her vulva. A jazz inspired song that sums up this album perfectly.
GagaInTheZone - Amazing lyrics, talking about her vagina with references to nature. I love how she talks/whispers during the verses and sings so softly in the chorus. The song has a comforting/chill atmosphere, it's so enjoyable. One of her most experimental and best songs ever imo
That J - Returning once more to the jazz funk of other songs before it, the final track of Erotica is a stunning finish. Amazing instrumental with absolute fierce honesty in the lyrics, THIS was Madonna as honest and mature than ever! She wants to know the color of her hair, what lies in her secret garden...that one untorn petal..."that's where I can be born. In my secret garden". Madonna was aware of time passing and she was thinking of a family of her own. It would be a handful of years before that began to come true but for now the bad girl had cleansed herself of the fantasy and is now back again. Dita started the party and a wiser Madonna left the room reborn in her secret garden.
The Louvre - Erotica's signature instrumental and spoken word are back for the final song, however, she's done it better in other Erotica tracks.
corvus albus - And going back to an inferior version of Where Life Begins. Now we don’t have a lullaby but a beat nearly as bad as Justify My Love. Not liking this one
Hexxx - Perfect closing to the album. I like to consider Where Life Begins and Secret Garden to be sister songs.
Davian - Outro could have been way shorter but it’s a good track overall. Love the piano :golfclap:

corvus albus
1 minute ago, NNES said:

I'm finally here :kiss:

Bye Bye Baby out already? Mess. :trollga:

It scored a good number at least :huntyga:

Archived