I just checked her Wikipedia and she DOES have a sister called Kelly :trollga:

@That J

and the last name of her husband is also Kelly :ladyhaha: 

Musery

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oriane

It gets better ! Her husband is called Ruston Kelly ! So she could go by Kacey Kelly-Musgraves.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Davian
5 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Also, while we are waiting, here is a gem from Kacey's debut album. I figured I'd share it cause some may not be familiar with her older material.

Such a beautiful song, love it:hug:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Davian
2 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I'm on that team.

I accidentally reacted LMAO at first:toofunny:

rumours

#2: Slow Burn

kacey-mugraves-golden-hour-interview.jpg

Overall Score: 9.30

Highest Score: 11 @janetjackson @PunkTheFunk @freakumdress @Flora

Lowest Score: 6.5 @Oriane

Comments:

@Blue Madonna ~ “A beautiful and fitting opening track. For me this is one of the weaker songs yet it is somehow good enough that it inspires excitement for the rest of the record, yet does not waste the best songs at the beginning and thus make the album grow weaker and weaker (that was really badly worded omg I’m sorry). Amazing vocals though”

@corvus albus ~ “I can't actually add anything here because the song is just straight up fantastic.”

@Ronk ~ “I hear a tinge on Joni in part of it.  Nice sound way in the background, most evident at the very end.”

@PunkTheFunk ~ “Hands down my favorite song on the album, and easily one of my favorite songs of the past few years. It's so beautiful and it makes me a little nostalgic (it reminds me so much of mid-2000s Sufjan Stevens).”

@freakumdress ~ “First I didn't really care for this one all that much but it grew and now it's my fave”

@Davian ~ “Such a good opener. It’s so chill and the way she sings burn”

@Flora ~ “Arguably the best song on the album. If it is not #1, it is always top 3.”

Live Performance:

WHICH MEANS!!!!

#1: Rainbow

la-1544819738-1ig39uems6-snap-image

Overall Score: 9.50

Highest Score: 11 @ARPiT @Ronk @TheShameMonster

Comments:

@Blue Madonna ~ “I see why this closes the album, yet I feel like it would be better placed as an emotional climax in the middle of the album. Same as the others, wonderfully chill yet inspiring lyrics sung in a very fitting way. I feel it’s unfortunate that in an album that uses guitars so well that it closes on a piano ballad, but in saying that it is a perfect piano ballad.”

@corvus albus ~ “Reminding people that the rain doesn't pour forever is a simple but often necessary message. Playing this as a funeral song is really fitting and everything compliments this use.”

@Ronk ~ “Totally wonderful.  Can I have two 11s?  If not, drop Mother to a 10.  I don't have it within me to do that myself.  Why does this have the same feel for me as Henley's Desperado, a totally different song?  It must be that the melodies and emotion of both songs are so beautiful.”

@PunkTheFunk ~ “This damn song makes me cry every time.”

@Davian ~ “Piano. Such a beautiful song. It deserves a 11 but Mother took that spot already.”

@Flora ~ “The first song I heard off this album, and the reason I decided to listen to the rest of the album. It has to be a 10.”

Live Performance:

That J
4 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I just checked her Wikipedia and she DOES have a sister called Kelly :trollga:

@That J

Hahahaha SEE ...I knew I was on to something.  Dont neglect this intellect. Lol

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

rumours

@ARPiT @memomemome @janetjackson @gabrielflorin01 @DelusionalGaga @Aquarius @corvus albus @Rumours1977 @halcyonpop @Ronk @PunkTheFunk @TheShameMonster @Oriane @Ryusei @freakumdress @Davian @Flora @Blue Madonna @NNES

Huge thanks to you guys for participating!

:heart: I hope you had a wonderful time :heart:

Spoiler

I'm thinking of doing another megarate soon, so I hope you all will consider participating in that one too. :hug:

Davian
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

#2: Slow Burn

kacey-mugraves-golden-hour-interview.jpg

Overall Score: 9.30

Highest Score: 11 @janetjackson @PunkTheFunk @freakumdress @Flora

Comments:

@Blue Madonna ~ “A beautiful and fitting opening track. For me this is one of the weaker songs yet it is somehow good enough that it inspires excitement for the rest of the record, yet does not waste the best songs at the beginning and thus make the album grow weaker and weaker (that was really badly worded omg I’m sorry). Amazing vocals though”

@corvus albus ~ “I can't actually add anything here because the song is just straight up fantastic.”

@Ronk ~ “I hear a tinge on Joni in part of it.  Nice sound way in the background, most evident at the very end.”

@PunkTheFunk ~ “Hands down my favorite song on the album, and easily one of my favorite songs of the past few years. It's so beautiful and it makes me a little nostalgic (it reminds me so much of mid-2000s Sufjan Stevens).”

@freakumdress ~ “First I didn't really care for this one all that much but it grew and now it's my fave”

@Davian ~ “Such a good opener. It’s so chill and the way she sings burn”

@Flora ~ “Arguably the best song on the album. If it is not #1, it is always top 3.”

Live Performance:

WHICH MEANS!!!!

#1: Rainbow

la-1544819738-1ig39uems6-snap-image

Overall Score: 9.50

Highest Score: 11 @ARPiT @Ronk @TheShameMonster

Comments:

@Blue Madonna ~ “I see why this closes the album, yet I feel like it would be better placed as an emotional climax in the middle of the album. Same as the others, wonderfully chill yet inspiring lyrics sung in a very fitting way. I feel it’s unfortunate that in an album that uses guitars so well that it closes on a piano ballad, but in saying that it is a perfect piano ballad.”

@corvus albus ~ “Reminding people that the rain doesn't pour forever is a simple but often necessary message. Playing this as a funeral song is really fitting and everything compliments this use.”

@Ronk ~ “Totally wonderful.  Can I have two 11s?  If not, drop Mother to a 10.  I don't have it within me to do that myself.  Why does this have the same feel for me as Henley's Desperado, a totally different song?  It must be that the melodies and emotion of both songs are so beautiful.”

@PunkTheFunk ~ “This damn song makes me cry every time.”

@Davian ~ “Piano. Such a beautiful song. It deserves a 11 but Mother took that spot already.”

@Flora ~ “The first song I heard off this album, and the reason I decided to listen to the rest of the album. It has to be a 10.”

Live Performance:

PERFECT!!:tony: Also I just notice how weird my comments look without emoticons:toofunny:

"Piano":saladga:

Ryusei

Talent won :vegas: the taste jumped OUT in this rate (except for the title track :triggered: ) this was fun. First time being present during the announcement of megarate results. can't wait for the next one

Musery

Davian
2 minutes ago, That J said:

Hahahaha SEE ...I knew I was on to something.  Dont neglect this intellect. Lol

Your mind:vegas:

rumours
3 minutes ago, Davian said:

Also I just notice how weird my comments look without emoticons:toofunny:

"Piano":saladga:

Lol.

"What are your thoughts on this song, Davian?"

Davian: "PIANO"

Oriane

Thank you for hosting this megarate ! I can't wait for the next one !

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Just now, Rumours1977 said:

@ARPiT @memomemome @janetjackson @gabrielflorin01 @DelusionalGaga @Aquarius @corvus albus @Rumours1977 @halcyonpop @Ronk @PunkTheFunk @TheShameMonster @Oriane @Ryusei @freakumdress @Davian @Flora @Blue Madonna @NNES

Huge thanks to you guys for participating!

:heart: I hope you had a wonderful time :heart:

Hide contents

I'm thinking of doing another megarate soon, so I hope you all will consider participating in that one too. :hug:

Will definitely participate.    Thank you for introducing me to so many great artists and albums.  People who don't participate because they are afraid they won't like the music are missing out.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Admin changed the title to Ceremony: Golden Hour (Kacey Musgraves)

Archived