Dilwyn

Featured Posts

FATCAT
12 minutes ago, TheCureinMalibu said:

no it's notĀ :air:

the final voting starts Feb 12Ā 

Ā 

6 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

It has not even started, lol. Voting opens two days after the Grammys.

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Final voting hasn't even opened yetĀ :toofunny:

Sorry guys, hard to keep up with all the voting dates

Purr more, hiss less.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Admin said:

It's not that you're a bad person, it's just that you're a bit of a drama queen and didn't put much thought into your reaction.

1. Doing that is smart because having only two songs performed would create backlash against not only the Academy, but also Gaga, and make her Best Song win seem less valid and feed the narrative of "it only won because it's a big hit."

2. A 90-second performance of "Shallow" wouldn't happen anyway because the Academy wants ratings and they would make her perform for half an hour if they could. What probably is going to happen is that the other songs get 90-seconds slots while "Shallow" will be performed in full, or at least with the verses shortened.

I mean, I okay with everything but I want Gaga and Bradley to perform Shallow in full, so that 90 seconds thing better be falseĀ 

ķˆ­ ź¹Œė³“ė©“ ģ–“ź¹€ģ—†ģ“ ģ†Œė¦¬ģ§ˆėŸ¬ģ™€

Dominic

Honestly THIS is why I love her. This is why I am proud to say she is my idol and this is why she inspires me to better myself. Choosing to sacrifice your own performance in favour of equality and fairness is the essence of what Gaga is about. Kindness.Ā 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Dominic said:

Honestly THIS is why I love her. This is why I am proud to say she is my idol and this is why she inspires me to better myself. Choosing to sacrifice your own performance in favour of equality and fairness is the essence of what Gaga is about. Kindness.Ā 

Glad some people get it, even if it's just two on every page :nick::rip:Ā  Ā 

So many people here just seem to forget that Gaga's not... y'know, the only person alive or the only one who made a movie this year :air: It's been the same with ASIB losing awards. Like, yeah, wake up, other people have worked hard as well and deserve the spotlight just as much :huh:Ā 

LetsGetHigh

Some of you are so weird. :rip: It doesn't even sound bad cut down to 90 seconds.

@Admin you should tweet that out so that people on Twitter stop melting down. :poot:Ā 

crisTEAne

gurl, this could easily cost you the oscar. this is too much.Ā :selena:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Weasel
32 minutes ago, Admin said:

It's not that you're a bad person, it's just that you're a bit of a drama queen and didn't put much thought into your reaction.

1. Doing that is smart because having only two songs performed would create backlash against not only the Academy, but also Gaga, and make her Best Song win seem less valid and feed the narrative of "it only won because it's a big hit."

2. A 90-second performance of "Shallow" wouldn't happen anyway because the Academy wants ratings and they would make her perform for half an hour if they could. What probably is going to happen is that the other songs get 90-seconds slots while "Shallow" will be performed in full, or at least with the verses shortened.

But if this happens it will still receive the backlash you mentioned at 1Ā :air:

Iā€™m not a fan of shortened performancesĀ but this information,Ā if true,Ā changes things and itā€™s a demonstration of Gagaā€™s proper etiquette. Favouritism is not cool.

crisTEAne
4 minutes ago, Weasel said:

But if this happens it will still receive the backlash you mentioned at 1Ā :air:

what kind of self-contradiction.Ā :selena:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

CanadaGoesGaga

Iā€™d rather 90 seconds then only two performances. It just wasnā€™t fair. Gaga doingĀ whatā€™s right.Ā 

avalon x

I don't even get what all the whining is about.. :awkney:Ā just because we won't get to see the full performance? Like.. go watch the enigma one, Gaga's not gonna startĀ spontaneously combusting during the Oscar's.

OrĀ because it will affect the charts?

giphy.gif

First of all, she can do whatever she wants. And that being something thoughtful like this makes us lucky to have her.Ā 

Ā 

Archived