news

Gaga orders Academy to let other nominees perform

Dilwyn

Featured Posts

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Good thinking Gaga :applause: I agree with her so much, it's always felt like a strange call to make to me. I'd much rather have everyone perform or have everyone perform a short bit in a medley, or spread some shorter bits throughout the show. It is what's fairest and if she seriously threatened not to perform then gurl... proud of her :nick:

If true, that's great of LG to make a stand

But shame on the Oscars for essentially punishing her for the act of kindness.

Inb4 she performs the shallow on Ally's tour version :poot:

툭 êčŒëłŽë©Ž ì–Žêč€ì—†ìŽ ì†ŒëŠŹì§ˆëŸŹì™€

LGMonster95

Who says the 90 seconds sh*t is even real? And if it is, it's probably those other 3 songs who just got added because by choosing Shallow and the black panther song they usually wanted to be performed in full. If this report is real then she did the right thing 

VoldeLorde2

One one hand, I'm really happy that she has that much power over one of the biggest award shows but I'm quite disappointed because Shallow won't be given the full performance it deserves. 

Shallow will outshine the rest tho, so maybe that's why she did it:giggle: She wanted to show everyone that they voted for Shallow for a reason

Just now, GrigioGirl1 said:

If true, that's great of LG to make a stand

But shame on the Oscars for essentially punishing her for the act of kindness.

I agree. I'm wondering what the logistics are, if they really need to cut these performances short. It's such a weird decision, tbh.

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Good thinking Gaga :applause: I agree with her so much, it's always felt like a strange call to make to me. I'd much rather have everyone perform or have everyone perform a short bit in a medley, or spread some shorter bits throughout the show. It is what's fairest and if she seriously threatened not to perform then gurl... proud of her :nick:

That's actually a really cute idea. I like that.

3 points in and ready for more

VOLANTIS

Not yall acting like the winning song is determined by the live performance.. 

Gaga is giving everyone a fair chance and you guys are being ridiculous. I'd rather see her win the award than give a performance. The academy awards aren't exactly remembered as the ceremony with the best performances. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

She wants that Best Actress awards, doesn't she? :poot:

툭 êčŒëłŽë©Ž ì–Žêč€ì—†ìŽ ì†ŒëŠŹì§ˆëŸŹì™€

ZiggyZiggs

a lot of you are showing what kind of people y'all actually are LOOOOOOOOL 

def wouldn't want to be friends with any of y'all irl :ally:

This is the right thing to do. She has so much respect for other songwriters, as we know, and it makes complete sense that she wouldn't be here for the other nominees being snubbed. 

As for Shallow, I guess it remains to be seen whether the 90 second thing is true, but either way I'm sure she'll make it work

How long she performs the song and her standing up for other performers are not going to effect the award(s) she gets (or doesnt get) at all. They dont decide who wins based on any of that. 💀

• Admin changed the title to Gaga orders Academy to let other nominees perform

Archived