đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Full Actress Roundtable (Gaga, Glenn Close, Nicole Kidman and more)

Defmix100

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheSlash

This interview was great :giveup: . And it was interesting how Gaga talked about the Countess :flutter: . The end though, when they all shouted "YAAASSSS" :sharon: 

Ew, David!

8 hours ago, freebit said:

Finally. I'll watch later (though I read the transcript back in November).  

This always happens during every actress roundtable since about 2012 when all media seemingly become so performatively "woke". The worst I've seen though is the 2016 and 2017 Comedy Actress roundtables - the atmosphere was so tense and stiff compared to the Comedy Actor roundtable (where the guys actually got to enjoy themselves and answer a variety of questions not tied to their gender). It's tedious because these women answer questions about about feminism all the time in other interviews and on social media. I think at this point its no longer interesting to see these actresses answer questions about salary disparity and #MeToo because everyone is on guard and nobody wants to mess up, so it feels very PR-ed and dull. I think my favorite roundtable was this one from 2010 because the conversation was actually allowed to go somewhere interesting, and we got actual insight into their acting process with bits of interesting info spilled here and there - like HBC turning down Lars von Trier's Breaking the Waves because she got a bad feeling about him. It was way more casual (except Hilary Swank sometimes trying to take over and do the most, but sis had good intentions):

Agreed though I think in years past it worked to some extent (even if not entirely) because we saw an evolution of the questioning as the #MeToo wave broke. This year it all just felt tired as, like you said, every other interviewer talks about this now and outside of Glenn’s and Rachel’s films, the current climate didn’t *really* have a lot of bearing on the movies. It’s just a bit of a shame to assemble these very busy people for an hour-long conversation only to dismiss and disrespect them by not regarding their careers, but their gender identification instead.

Archived