💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

LG Among Top 10 SB National Anthem Performances

derpmonster

Featured Posts

derpmonster

This showed up on my news feed today.

Sports site YardBarker posted "Ranking all 52 Super Bowl national anthem performances"

Lady Gaga made it to #6, faring better than many singing legends including Mariah, Diana Ross, Beyoncé, and many more (see below).

I disagreed with some of the choices. For reference, here are the Top 5 and other notable inclusions:

#1: Whitney Houston :diane:

#2: Renee Fleming

#3: Natalie Cole

#4: Alicia Keys

#5: Faith Hill

#6: Lady Gaga :applause: (but also 1 spot from Top 5 :selena:)

#7: Mariah Carey 

#8: Diana Ross

#10: Beyoncé

#12: Aretha Franklin

#14: Cher

#19: Kelly Clarkson :ohwell:

#22: Backstreet Boys

#24: P!nk - she performed with a sore throat!

#30: Christina Aguilera :gaysia: gurl, calm those melismas down

#36: Idina Menzel :wtfga: bad day?

#48: Carrie Underwood :toofunny:

#52: Kathleen Lee Glifford: The reason she got the last spot is hilarious :ladyhaha:

"If you just listened to this anthem performance, you'd likely think Kathie Lee Gifford did a perfectly good job performing the anthem. And you wouldn't be wrong. That said, if you watch the video, you'll notice that about halfway through the performance, Gifford starts staring into the camera with bugged-out eyes and is lit with a red glow that makes her look like a demon. This gave me nightmares, and I'm not OK with it." :ladyhaha:

Read more here: https://www.yardbarker.com/entertainment/articles/ranking_all_52_super_bowl_national_anthem_performances

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
7 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

whomst is yard barker

Idk, I just saw this on my browser's news feed and fervently looked for Gaga so I could make a hit thread either way, whether they "did her dirty" and rated or too low or high :selena:

derpmonster
4 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Where is that "fan" that said Gaga lip synced the National Anthem :ohwell:

They're currently quaking at MadonnaNation :sis:

Magneto

No shade, but why does Whitney always get the top spot in this even though it's widely known it was lipped?

Free my mind

wonderlanddynasty
5 minutes ago, Magneto said:

No shade, but why does Whitney always get the top spot in this even though it's widely known it was lipped?

Wait what:saladga:

14 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Where is that "fan" that said Gaga lip synced the National Anthem :ohwell:

whomstdtddtdtd is that user sis :pole:

KatieJudasGaga4
Just now, jinko said:

whomstdtddtdtd is that user sis :pole:

I don't remember the thread, but it was a while back like April 2017 when someone posted a thread about Best Vocal Performances by Gaga and the National Anthem was #4 or #5 and someone on here said "Why does the National Anthem performance always high on lists, it was obvious it was lipped" or something along those lines. 

Magneto
7 minutes ago, Glitter Monster said:

Wait what:saladga:

It was a (mandatory) prerecorded vocal, because of the NFL

Free my mind

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, That Wig said:

What did Renee Fleming do to get #2 ugh:triggered:

Her performance was really great, but her tone didn't match the National Anthem tbh. 

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Magneto said:

Because it was still a spectacular rendition, even if it was lipped. This was the early 90's where Auto-Tune and pitch correction wasn't invented yet, this is something her voice actually was capable of doing in a live setting. :shrug:

Magneto
9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Because it was still a spectacular rendition, even if it was lipped. This was the early 90's where Auto-Tune and pitch correction wasn't invented yet, this is something her voice actually was capable of doing in a live setting. :shrug:

That's actually a very solid argument. You're right:)

Free my mind

Archived