Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

TIHTY or Shallow- Which is More Oscar Worthy?

Gracious Gaga

Which would you give the Oscar to?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Till It Happens To You
    • Shallow

Featured Posts

Reality

I would definitely say Shallow. While I love TIHTY's strong and vital message, just looking at it as a song, I don't really like it all that much. That doesn't take away from its message and how important the song itself is for Gaga/millions of people who have been affected by sexual assault/harassment, but sonically speaking, it's just not my cup of tea.

Shallow is much more in tune to what I like, and overall, it's not only been commercially/critically successful, but it also plays a pivotal role in ASIB. People could argue how many awards ASIB is going to win at the Oscars, but one thing's for certain: Shallow is its anthem.

🃏🖤👹

SHALLOW

I love Shallow but damn, TIHTY makes me cry each time i listen to it. In fact i haven't been listening to it for a long time cause it's just too emotional. 

bluemonkey

Shallow with no doubt. I never liked Till it happens to you. It felt so forced and screams “I want an Oscar” Shallow is a better song too. I mean for me I personally hate songs like Till it happens to you because it spells it out so clearly and over dramatizes the topic that it’s hard to take it seriously even though you should but yeah very off putting. 

TIHTY is one of the most important things Gaga has EVER done. It's relevant and heart-wrenching. Sure Shallow seems more relevant because of ASIB. But if both were somehow nominated the same year, the Oscar should go to THITY imo.

underneath the pine

JustAnother

There’s nothing that shouldn’t allow Shallow to deserve an Oscar. I’ve seen so many useless attempt to try to disenfranchise it’s impact and importance but nothing makes any sense honestly. It’s a song between a boy and a girl who are so done with the world’s Shallowness and how the two decide to go past skin deep. It plays an important role to the movie as well as it’s not just an end credit song but a storyline. 

2School4Cool

TIHTY has a great message and is a phenomenal song, but when it was up for an Oscar there were other strong contenders, like Sam Smith’s Writings On The Wall. I feel like this year there’s no other song that could possibly get in Shallow’s way. In terms of how deserving the song is for the award, I think Shallow’s commercial success and the major role it plays in ASIB makes it more deserving in my opinion. It’s almost as if the movie revolves around Shallow and it’s message, as opposed to TIHTY wich just happened to be written for the movie.

See The Best In Everyone

nerdfacekillah
3 hours ago, Eros92 said:

TIHTY

It's a more fleshed out and well-produced song with a meaning attached to that millions of Americans can relate to. 

Shallow is just... eh. I mean I like the song but id love to hear an official solo studio version like she performs in the movie. I mean we only ever hear a half baked version thought of last minute and performed live. I mean like others have said even the structure of the song is messy. 

the studio version of both songs suck. i mean tihty is much better live than the studio version and yes i agree with the part that i also want to listen to a better studio version of shallow without the cheering sounds.

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

Archived