Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Madonna album...

Davian

Featured Posts

dlioncourt91

Confessions is so overrated. It's a good album but largely glamorized because it was seen as "the last good album" by so many people. Erotica is definitely her strongest, amazing lyrics, mixture of jazz, house, sounding rough like a bar in Harlem, amazing single run and imagery is sublime. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antichrist
7 hours ago, darkwolf said:

Here are some of my fav unreleased songs from her:

From Ray of light:

From Amercian Life

oh god i love i miss you so much, i cant even explain :giveup:

it's like a slap of sadness to the face on a cold winter night :giveup:

bluemonkey
20 hours ago, Davian said:

Listened to Like A Prayer/Virgin yesterday and I felt the same. I mostly enjoyed the singles but the rest not so much.  But I do see why it was so popular and polarising at the time. So I would say it's worth listening just for your educating if that makes sense:huntyga:
If you listened to other albums of hers you will even hear some cool Easter eggs. 
In Love Song there is a line: Time goed by so slowly for those who wait (Hung Up)
In Art of Contrition she says: Oh My God, I'm heartily sorry for having offended thee (Girl Gone Wild intro)

Interesting, I know die hard fans and lots of older music fans praise her early work (I guess it’s because it’s from their time) but if you recommend it, I’ll give it a listen. I’m guessing it’s not that great but then again artists early works aren’t as they are still developing (although I think Gaga’s The Fame is amazing with a minor criticism on her Gwen stefani sequel moments like in Paparazzi, maybe the new generation would think otherwise)

insight
38 minutes ago, bluemonkey said:

The Fame is amazing with a minor criticism on her Gwen stefani sequel moments like in Paparazzi, maybe the new generation would think otherwise)

I concur! When i listened to the Fame for the 1st time in early October 2008, her vocal delivery was a mix between Gwen and Xtina, imho.

90s Madonna is my favorite. Look at her older music videos. I recommend Erotica, Bedtime Stories and Music. 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Davian

@River @McYves @FfFfFfFF @Didymus @Cherubjudas @Pluto @Monster7 @Mirrion Rizzons @MrDarkGa @That J @super ultra @Glamourpuss @shoful @Smother Em Eh @Mr Mirko @bluemonkey @misunderstood @Jeroen Bloeming @fabskt @ARTPOPSlays @gumzy3000 @Californian100 @Judas Society @AladdinSane @Original Diva @ropi @Goddessoflove96 @HookerOnAChurch @Antonoff @DiamondHearttt @Italian @bwetxcx @Sergi Gil @dlioncourt91 @Hexxx

For all the people that recommended Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, Erotica and Bedtime Stories:tony:

So I finally listened to all of Madonna's discography (excluding soundtracks for now). And I'm so glad I did:giveup: Even the newer albums that I didn't really like that much grew on me!

Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue and Like a Prayer weren't my faves. I think it has to do with the date they came out, I'm not that into 80's music. BUT there were a lot of songs I knew so her impact was undeniable. Songs that I do liked were:
- Papa Don't Preach
- Open Your Heart
- La Isla Bonita
- Like a Prayer

Bedtime Stories

I loved this album!! It had a lot of standouts and was so chill to listen to. The kind of songs fit her voice really well:golfclap: My favourites were:
- Survival
- Secret
- Human Nature
- Forbidden Love
- Take a Bow
- Bedtime Story

All masterpieces

Erotica

The album that people told me was a bit different from her other albums. And yes it was, BUT I loved it too!! I listened to Justify My Love first, which got me in the mood for this album. Although I liked that song, the other songs on this album surpassed it. The themes talked about were so sexy and I was so her for it. My favourites were:
- Erotica
- Fever
- Deeper and Deeper
- Where Life Begins
- Bad Girl
- Thief of Heart
- Rain

Again, all masterpieces:excited: 
Thank you all again for the recommendations! I love learning about new artists. If you have any album suggestions, please let me know in this thread:kiss:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

gumzy3000
1 hour ago, Davian said:

@River @McYves @FfFfFfFF @Didymus @Cherubjudas @Pluto @Monster7 @Mirrion Rizzons @MrDarkGa @That J @super ultra @Glamourpuss @shoful @Smother Em Eh @Mr Mirko @bluemonkey @misunderstood @Jeroen Bloeming @fabskt @ARTPOPSlays @gumzy3000 @Californian100 @Judas Society @AladdinSane @Original Diva @ropi @Goddessoflove96 @HookerOnAChurch @Antonoff @DiamondHearttt @Italian @bwetxcx @Sergi Gil @dlioncourt91 @Hexxx

For all the people that recommended Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, Erotica and Bedtime Stories:tony:

So I finally listened to all of Madonna's discography (excluding soundtracks for now). And I'm so glad I did:giveup: Even the newer albums that I didn't really like that much grew on me!

Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue and Like a Prayer weren't my faves. I think it has to do with the date they came out, I'm not that into 80's music. BUT there were a lot of songs I knew so her impact was undeniable. Songs that I do liked were:
- Papa Don't Preach
- Open Your Heart
- La Isla Bonita
- Like a Prayer

Bedtime Stories

I loved this album!! It had a lot of standouts and was so chill to listen to. The kind of songs fit her voice really well:golfclap: My favourites were:
- Survival
- Secret
- Human Nature
- Forbidden Love
- Take a Bow
- Bedtime Story

All masterpieces

Erotica

The album that people told me was a bit different from her other albums. And yes it was, BUT I loved it too!! I listened to Justify My Love first, which got me in the mood for this album. Although I liked that song, the other songs on this album surpassed it. The themes talked about were so sexy and I was so her for it. My favourites were:
- Erotica
- Fever
- Deeper and Deeper
- Where Life Begins
- Bad Girl
- Thief of Heart
- Rain

Again, all masterpieces:excited: 
Thank you all again for the recommendations! I love learning about new artists. If you have any album suggestions, please let me know in this thread:kiss:

Awh, thanks for tagging all of us and letting us know about your musical journey. :heart: Truthfully I think many of us even forgot about this thread :giggle:. That being said, please do an update for us for your thoughts on Ray of Light, Music and Confessions on a Dancefloor! 

trolly troll troll

That J

I love that you loved it.  

A little bit of side information...

Madonna had 2 long time background singers and dancers named Niki Harris and Donna DeLory. 

Donna has a few songs worth checking out.  I'll include a few here.  Shes very New Age, spiritual.....very nice.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

FfFfFfFF
6 hours ago, That J said:

I love that you loved it.  

A little bit of side information...

Madonna had 2 long time background singers and dancers named Niki Harris and Donna DeLory. 

Donna has a few songs worth checking out.  I'll include a few here.  Shes very New Age, spiritual.....very nice.  

Didn't Madonna gave "Just a dream", a Like a Prayer outtake, to Donna or I am mistaken her? I love that song so much.

Davian
9 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

Awh, thanks for tagging all of us and letting us know about your musical journey. :heart: Truthfully I think many of us even forgot about this thread :giggle:. That being said, please do an update for us for your thoughts on Ray of Light, Music and Confessions on a Dancefloor! 

No problem at all:kara: You all took the time to give me recommendations so it’s only fair!

Also these are Confessions on a Dancefloor, Ray of Light, Music and American Life (which you did not ask for but it is in the same post as Music:huntyga:)

That J
7 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Didn't Madonna gave "Just a dream", a Like a Prayer outtake, to Donna or I am mistaken her? I love that song so much.

Yes!!! That is true and I love that one too. I believe Madonna even has some backup notes on that track. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

super ultra

@Davian I thought you'd forgotten about the thread :ladyhaha: so I'm happy for the update. Some of your favorite songs are my favorites too (Survival, Human Nature, Fever, Deeper and Deeper, etc) and I recommend you janet. by Janet Jackson, you might like it after Erotica and BS :sis: (I love the early 90s pop music and that's how I discovered this masterpiece after E and BS. But it still has some filler tracks and intros :emma:

• 2 weeks later...
Davian
On 2/6/2019 at 10:28 AM, super ultra said:

@Davian I thought you'd forgotten about the thread :ladyhaha: so I'm happy for the update. Some of your favorite songs are my favorites too (Survival, Human Nature, Fever, Deeper and Deeper, etc) and I recommend you janet. by Janet Jackson, you might like it after Erotica and BS :sis: (I love the early 90s pop music and that's how I discovered this masterpiece after E and BS. But it still has some filler tracks and intros :emma:

I will definitely listen to Janet! I recently listened to some albums of hers and loved it! The Velvet Rope and Rhythm Nation 1814 are masterpieces:tony:

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived