Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Could Gaga & Close tie at the Oscars?

SharkmanthaC

Featured Posts

SharkmanthaC

I know there has been some discussion about Lady Gaga and Glenn Close possibly tieing for the Oscar.  I saw this article today and thought it had some interesting points. (Although it says it isn't likely and explains why.)

All the Oscar ties that have occured:

The most memorable tie in Oscars history occurred in 1969 when both Katherine Hepburn and Barbra Streisand took home the award for Best Actress.

Other ties have occurred, with the most recent being in 2013 for Best Sound Editing. In 1995, the tie occurred in the category of Best Short Film; in 1987 and in 1950 it was for Best Documentary; and in 1935 for Best Actor which was won by Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde‘s Fredric March and The Champ‘s Wallace Beery.

Close and Gaga could tie for Best Actress, although it would be highly unlikely as both stars would need the exact same number of votes.

Whether both take home the statue or only one walks away with it, it’s safe to say there would be no hard feelings between the two actresses if their response at the Critics’ Choice Awards was anything to go by.

“I am so thrilled it’s a tie, I can’t tell you,” Close said. “I was thinking that, you know, the world kind of pits us against each other in this profession and I know that from all the women in this category, and I think I can speak for all the women in this room, we celebrate each other.”

https://people.com/movies/could-glenn-close-lady-gaga-tie-oscars/

Spoiler

I think they had this article ready to go before this morning. They were just waiting to post it.

she/her/hers

andy232000

Statistically possible, but HIGHLY unlikely. And if there is really a tie, its most likely Glenn/Olivia intstead of Glenn/Gaga. 

Either way its almost impossible for it to happen. They would have to have the exact same votes (or close enough). I think I read on the Oscars rule book that if the difference between two nominees is less than 7-10 (dont recall) they award both artists so its representative of what the voters think. 

I saw a video about it yesterday, don’t think it would happen. But is curious that Barbra had her debut as an actress (*in a movie with a leading role) being a singer and won along with a long-career actress. Similar case with Gaga and Glenn. Gaga being a singer and having her official debut as an actress in a big role* vs Glenn being a legend in movies.

Scathach
5 minutes ago, Angelm said:

I saw a video about it yesterday, don’t think it would happen. But is curious that Barbra had her debut as an actress being a singer and won along with a long-career actress. Similar case with Gaga and Glenn. Gaga being a singer and having her official debut as an actress in a big role vs Glenn being a legend in movies.

Film debut. She made countless of TV shows/TV specials and broadway shows before

3 minutes ago, Scathach said:

Film debut. She made countless of TV shows/TV specials and broadway shows before

So did Gaga, but I meant: making their debut in a leading role in a movie, i’ll add that.

Scathach
Just now, Angelm said:

So did Gaga, but I meant: making their debut in a leading role in a movie, i’ll add that.

Yeah but except AHS and her "role" on Machete Kills, she didn't do any acting. While Barbra, even tho it wasn't on films, still was a working actress and was known/had support in the acting industry.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, this is a great video about Barbra and Katharine tying

AndrewGr

I don't want them to tie. No-one of them will be TRULY happy. If Glenn wants it that much after so many years, let her have it on her own. However I would prefer Gaga to snatch it now and Glenn will definitely get it for Sunset Boulevard.

6 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

We all know Yalitza is taking the trophy!!

giphy.gif

if it's not Gaga I want it to be her tbh

KatieJudasGaga4

I just told my friend how Glenn lost BA 6 times and she was like ,"Well if she lost 6 times, that just means she is just a bad actress..no"? :triggered:

Lazz Monster
3 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I just told my friend how Glenn lost BA 6 times and she was like ,"Well if she lost 6 times, that just means she is just a bad actress..no"? :triggered:

I feel bad for laughing :laughga:

We're far from the Shallow now

TropicOfCANCER
18 minutes ago, AndrewGr said:

I don't want them to tie. No-one of them will be TRULY happy. If Glenn wants it that much after so many years, let her have it on her own. However I would prefer Gaga to snatch it now and Glenn will definitely get it for Sunset Boulevard.

Girl bye at this whole post. Where has Glenn expressed that she “wants it that much?” Also, I highly doubt SB is going to make an awards season dent. 

Archived