Variety: ASIB is underperforming because it didn't have a social message

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Curunir
10 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

It is underperforming. It didn't win any non-Gaga category so far.

Coming from a pressed chicken! :grr:

chicken.png

Panchecco
11 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

well...

Gaga is the best part of the movie and she should get rewarded :lolly:

people who think it's just a love story are really shallow. i hate how you need to be pretentious and over the top with everything to get recognized these days

Fame IV
12 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Just being nominated is a huge honor, you guys don't understand. 8 nominations for the Oscars are HUGE

A Star is Born ⭐

17 minutes ago, SFDMQ said:

people who think it's just a love story are really shallow. i hate how you need to be pretentious and over the top with everything to get recognized these days

This is a statement in a Gaga forum?!?!?!?

Watch As I Dive In

17 minutes ago, Fame IV said:

Just being nominated is a huge honor, you guys don't understand. 8 nominations for the Oscars are HUGE

This. The article has a point in a way. But so what. The Queen has broken into Hollywood. Big Time. She will have to be considered for any epic film going forward until she proves otherwise. And if social statement is the bar, then no one comes near Gaga in that realm. No.one.

Watch As I Dive In

nerdfacekillah
1 minute ago, Gagally said:

This is a statement in a Gaga forum?!?!?!?

yes and the member is right. it is one of the reasons why there is so much depression, stress, anxiety and obsession of people to get as many likes on the social medias. 

yes gaga wore “weird” outfits and did “out of this world” performances but they werent just for the attention. it was also her way of expression of her art and her mental state.

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

AlexanderMagno

Most fans need to understand the "underperfoming" statement is about awards won, not box office.

We're talking about a movie that was basically Oscar bait. It was sold as the biggest potential for an award season because it's a "classic". So, of course it's understandable this kind of debate. I do believe though that eventually the producers and the studio understood that it would be too risky to focus on the movie as a whole and underperform, so they decided to make Gaga and the songs the headlines, and it was the safest strategy because Shallow has won basically everything and Gaga has earned the acclaim and the hype for Best Actress (even if she's not expected to win, Glenn and her are side by side popularity-wise).

The only other Oscar bait this season was Bohemian Rhapsody, which is not even considered as underperforming because the critical reception was mixed and Rami Malek is the only thing people are expecting to succeed. The Best Drama Picture at the Golden Globes was probably bought.

The Favourite and Roma were not so blatantly perceived as award season movies but got the acclaim, and the nominations, and the wins.

This is perfectly normal. Every year there are the "obvious Oscar movies" and the "critical acclaim surprises". Don't understand why the fuss.

EVERY MOVIE must have a social message? That's stupid.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

Infinity Wave
13 hours ago, Ryusei said:

kind of stupid that that is needed nowadays and it cant just be about acting... (even though it does have a message...)

THANKS

Colourful

Archived