đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Variety: ASIB is underperforming because it didn't have a social message

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Fuking sjws infiltrated the media. It does have a social message, is the fight with alcoholism and addiction not enough for these people? Not everything has to revolve around feminism, minorities etc. 

Also, art is NOT obliged to bear a social message. Fuking mess. 

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hankhatesyouall
7 minutes ago, Miky said:

Fuking sjws infiltrated the media. It does have a social message, is the fight with alcoholism and addiction not enough for these people? Not everything has to revolve around feminism, minorities etc. 

Also, art is NOT obliged to bear a social message. Fuking mess

SJWs are ruining the movie industry. 

hankhatesyouall

In 2018, that makes it seem (dare I say it?) more trivial than the other contenders. It’s just a love story. And though it’s a very grand love story, and was an extraordinarily huge hit, these days that isn’t enough. 

:air:

CannaeDrive

What a truck load of manure. If anything, that movie went far beyond any one's expectations before it was released and from then on literally  OVERPERFORMED at the box office with 406 M$ as of today, making it one of the most profitable movie in 2018.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

addiction is central to the plot. If they had made him an opioid addict instead of a drunk maybe Variety would be happy. -.- this is stupid. 

My humble take on this.

Most critics didn't like how Bradley chose to represent the second half. Its pace and character development was somewhat different and rushed a little compared to the first dozen scenes (nothing to do with the storyline, its obviously a remake). The garage scene was also quite controversial in some countries, like NZ for instance (see news). Mostly because they were expecting a drive-off the Cliff kind of scenario, I guess...

The Grand Finale was on point and LG pulled it off brilliantly! But you can pretty much tell that the Director's cut must've been like 3 hours long and that they had an awful hard time squeezing out 134 minutes out of it to justify the plot. Bradley did have "something to say". I'm just not sure he got enough reel to say it properly, the way he truly wanted to.

Other so-called "Cinema Experts" claimed that LG just basically acted her own rise to stardom in this flick. Perhaps some of it was near that marker, but, when you think that some BW movie about the actual Director's childhood in Mexico will win Best Picture or that an actor Lip-synching to a 70s soundtrack may win Best Actor, was it really a crime for Ally to use Stefani's Nose for good measure? :giggle:

Oscar or no-Oscar. If I gave you 36M and you gave me back 405 four months later, I'd give you an "A" for effort! :rockstar:

35 minutes ago, Loopy said:

My humble take on this.

Most critics didn't like how Bradley chose to represent the second half. Its pace and character development was somewhat different and rushed a little compared to the first dozen scenes (nothing to do with the storyline, its obviously a remake). The garage scene was also quite controversial in some countries, like NZ for instance (see news). Mostly because they were expecting a drive-off the Cliff kind of scenario, I guess...

The Grand Finale was on point and LG pulled it off brilliantly! But you can pretty much tell that the Director's cut must've been like 3 hours long and that they had an awful hard time squeezing out 134 minutes out of it to justify the plot. Bradley did have "something to say". I'm just not sure he got enough reel to say it properly, the way he truly wanted to.

Other so-called "Cinema Experts" claimed that LG just basically acted her own rise to stardom in this flick. Perhaps some of it was near that marker, but, when you think that some BW movie about the actual Director's childhood in Mexico will win Best Picture or that an actor Lip-synching to a 70s soundtrack may win Best Actor, was it really a crime for Ally to use Stefani's Nose for good measure? :giggle:

Oscar or no-Oscar. If I gave you 36M and you gave me back 405 four months later, I'd give you an "A" for effort! :rockstar:

Love this post :party: 

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

DoremonLove
4 hours ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

The only thing that counts is that she wins at least one award so that in the trailer for her next film we get to see “oscar winner lady gaga”

THIS tbh i care only about gaga :pawsup:

4 hours ago, ryhanna said:

No offence but this is a load of ****. 

"Underperforming." Where the hell did this expectation of it literally sweeping every possible award come from? That rarely happens. Film awards season is normally pretty competitive, and being nominated is a big achievement. I hate this attitude that's basically saying "unless you've won everything, you didn't do well enough."

THIS. Getting nominated is huge. It has got 6 noms at oscars if we dont count actor actress :coffee:. Also this is the most nominated version if a star is born:gaycat:

How can anoyone not love gaga

Chickens in Malibu
52 minutes ago, Naufri said:

What is the social message of The Favourite?

Women Empowerment apparently

Queen Bitch

Underperforming? And they use The Favourite as an example, a movie that has only grossed 40 million compared to ASIB's 400 million? This ain't it:triggered:

Dominic

I disagree that it's underperforming but I agree that its lack of social message may hinder it in a sea of politically charged films - which awards love. :shrug:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

gypsy101

did the favourite have a social message? i loved the film and saw it twice but didn’t catch one

Archived