Gaga won't win best actress

Bobbins

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bobbins
Just now, Vegas said:

Well hopefully Yalitza Aparicio wins so you stop this “lifetime actress” annoying narrative. 

damn daddy is that u in ur avi? 

The Fame Monster

Excuse me!? Gaga has been an actor ever since she was 4. She's a serious Italian actor from New York and she deserves to win as much as the rest of them. 

Find your freedom in the music

Bobbins
3 minutes ago, iAstroLeo said:

What is you exactly? :hor: 

the truth teller sweetie :flower: i spill the truth tea to stop delusions of grandeur leaking over

it's better not to expect anything and then be pleasantly surprised if she does win rather than hyping it up and it backfiring on us 

Reality
3 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Well hopefully Yalitza Aparicio wins so you stop this “lifetime actress” annoying narrative. 

tbh I feel like she has a good shot. I was actually very surprised that they nominated her because while she was in talks during the beginning of Awards season, her name sort of fizzled out as time went on.

I lowkey feel like Roma's going to win a lot of stuff this year.

🃏🖤👹

fivefoottwo
1 minute ago, Bobbins said:

the truth teller sweetie :flower: i spill the truth tea to stop delusions of grandeur leaking over

it's better not to expect anything and then be pleasantly surprised if she does win rather than hyping it up and it backfiring on us 

expecting her not to win is an expectation in itself, how about you don’t dampen the celebrations over a nomination so quickly and just wait and see how things play out in the oscars 

Reality
2 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

We're hyped because this is a huge honor for her. I think after the Globes, people's expectations have pretty much gone down. If she doesn't win, that's absolutely fine. Just be happy that she got nominated.

🃏🖤👹

Luna Lovegood

Maybe a tie like during the critics choice awards? Think positive sis!

luna’s advocate

1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

tbh I feel like she has a good shot. I was actually very surprised that they nominated her because while she was in talks during the beginning of Awards season, her name sort of fizzled out as time went on.

I lowkey feel like Roma's going to win a lot of stuff this year.

Roma is a great film and Yalitza was a nice representation of indigenous Mexican people, but... she wasn’t THE best actress of the year. 

7 minutes ago, YaaaasGaga said:

Wow, didn't take long for a thread like this to be posted eh? :triggered:

Tbh she has a chance of winning. It might not be on lock, but I don't think it's fair to say that others are more deserving because they've acted for longer. Awards aren't about nominating how long you've been in the industry, it's about nominating the singular performance the individual gave.

And Glenn Close and Olivia Coleman acted WAY better. So we shall see what next month brings, eh

Bobbins
1 minute ago, fivefoottwo said:

expecting her not to win is an expectation in itself, how about you don’t dampen the celebrations over a nomination so quickly and just wait and see how things play out in the oscars 

nice straw man logic there. obviously i meant expectations in relation to expecting her to win BA. 

Archived