💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bebe Rexha: designers won’t dress her, “too big”

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

That’s honestly gross. A size 8 isn’t big at all and if the real reason they won’t dress her is because she’s not famous enough for them to be bothered then shame on them for giving her that excuse. They should have never commented on her size at all.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edonis

I'm not a big fan of her or her music but I agree with what she said and can believe it. The fashion industry, specifically major brands and designers, are so out of touch with the actual measurements and proportions of the average woman, and have been that way for a long long long time. It's gross and ridiculous.

Miracle

This is a problem in the industry but is this really the reason 0 designers aren't willing to dress her?

Borislshere

These fashion designers are passing up the opportunity to promote their work because she's "too big"??  Imagine being that damn ignorant to where you potentially miss out on clients because you feel someone is "too big". Must not be that good of an artist if you can't make outfits specifically designed to someones body shape. 

Me looking at the video of this thread: 

giphy.gif

It's absolutely despicable that in 2019 we still have to deal with this bs. 

LateToCult
3 minutes ago, Miracle said:

This is a problem in the industry but is this really the reason 0 designers aren't willing to dress her?

I personally believe that some of those designers don’t think she’s a famous enough artist to want to work with her. But I 100% believe her that they told her she was too big. In their minds I’m sure it was a good enough excuse.

DiscoHeaven23

i am confusion, there are so many women bigger than her that have been dressed by designers?

Runway
3 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

i am confusion, there are so many women bigger than her that have been dressed by designers?

But Bebe isn’t an A Lister

3 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

She might be “too big” to dress and “not big enough” in popularity.

I think it’s a combination of things.

BYE

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Runway said:

But Bebe isn’t an A Lister

See that's what i was thinking the issue was

Jennie Kim

I like Bebe but I'm not sure this is true

I have a feeling she's aiming for designers way out of her league, they probably rejected dressing her because she's not the type of artist they want associated with their brand. 

Didymus

Extremely unlikely. Why do they dress anyone then? There's like only a handful of supermodel skinny pop artists :rip:

Archived