new video

Ariana Grande - 7 rings

monsterhamh

Featured Posts

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderMagno

Sorry, not into this bitchy thing :oops: don't understand the pleasure of feeling like a bad bitch, but that's basically what made Cardi B famous and Ariana is just following those steps. I get it, Ariana needs to cement her success.

I am an absolute fan of Dangerous Woman, and obviously I'm a fan of that album and not Ariana, at all. So I'll stick to that.

By the way, the multiple pop culture movies references in thank u next, the sampling of Sound of Music in 7 rings, Ariana is building her own ARTPOP (not as an artsy album, but as an era and album built around iconic references).

Nikolai Barrow

The song is catchy. But i'm just not into heavy sampling. Like a small sample here and there is fine. But a whole verse just comes across as lazy.

I want artist to create new art not just copy other artists. 

Antichrist
2 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

You guys are so salty omfg :laughga:

The beat :giveup:

The Sound of Music sample :giveup:

The overtly-bitchy lyrics :giveup:

The vocals :giveup:

The iconic visuals and those LEWKS (the hair moment I gasped) :giveup:

It's hilarious, because there is so much irony to the backlash. Male rappers constantly release music flaunting their wealth, status, and clout. Yet, when a female does it, she's somehow portrayed as a bitch, stupid, mindless, unoriginal, and generic (and those are words from this thread only). And Lady Gaga can release Cake, and y'all think it's the most clever, fun, iconic **** ever. Please... :usrs:

As someone else said, you guys are really turning into Madonna fans. And the truth is, if Gaga released anything this visually stunning and clever, you'd all shoot your wad over it. You demand the bops Gaga isn't serving, Ari delivers, yet you still slam her. It's just delusion at this point tbh. 

ANYWAY, I ****ing love it and am so excited to hear more from her idgaf sassy Thank U, Next era. Sweetener was clearly a departure, and this feels much more in line with her vibe, and the legendary Dangerous Woman. 

Perchdt to continue to watch you all fume over her success :vegas:

giphy.gif

the fact that you called this video, a video that is like every single other video nowadays (dancing trendy with your hands, looking up, money money successful bitches around me yoyo), smart, astounds me.

If gaga ever released something this visually STUNNING and CLEVER, i don't think i'd want to know about her anymore.

juicyjuicy
1 hour ago, Nikolai Barrow said:

So she just sampled from the sound of music for the verses? Lol  

hi marry me pls

JohnnyVersace
1 hour ago, Antichrist said:

the fact that you called this video, a video that is like every single other video nowadays (dancing trendy with your hands, looking up, money money successful bitches around me yoyo), smart, astounds me.

If gaga ever released something this visually STUNNING and CLEVER, i don't think i'd want to know about her anymore.

I said it was clever, but go on and twist my words sis :vegas:

The fact is, she did exactly what the boys do, and is unapologetically flaunting her talent, success and clout. And that's got the girls SO MAD! The fact that she incorporated The Sound of Music, with her being a Broadway stan, on a flex song to make the haters seethe is brilliant. It's a geeky, overly-flaunty bop that she executed in an empowering, funny, vibey and authentic way. 

And regarding the video, the visuals ARE stunning, and it's well thought out. There are SEVERAL iconic, recognizable scenes that stick out. The long ponytail on the steps, the champagne tower, the doll house, the insanely gaudy styling, the kitchen scenes. It's much more than a party video, there's clear thought, artistic direction and production behind it. 

Y'all all complain about Gaga not being a pop girl anymore. Not releasing "dark" music, or EDM. And here's an artist with a clear vision, solid execution, and a huge scoop of sarcasm/irony/camp included, and you guys still hate. 

Little Complainers are never happy with their queen, and need to knock anyone with talent as a result. Y'all really gotta let yourselves have some fun, it must be exhausting.

tumblr_plihni5h5g1r1brdqo3_500.gif

Antichrist
12 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

I said it was clever, but go on and twist my words sis :vegas:

The fact is, she did exactly what the boys do, and is unapologetically flaunting her talent, success and clout. And that's got the girls SO MAD! The fact that she incorporated The Sound of Music, with her being a Broadway stan, on a flex song to make the haters seethe is brilliant. It's a geeky, overly-flaunty bop that she executed in an empowering, funny, vibey and authentic way. 

And regarding the video, the visuals ARE stunning, and it's well thought out. There are SEVERAL iconic, recognizable scenes that stick out. The long ponytail on the steps, the champagne tower, the doll house, the insanely gaudy styling, the kitchen scenes. It's much more than a party video, there's clear thought, artistic direction and production behind it. 

Y'all all complain about Gaga not being a pop girl anymore. Not releasing "dark" music, or EDM. And here's an artist with a clear vision, solid execution, and a huge scoop of sarcasm/irony/camp included, and you guys still hate. 

Little Complainers are never happy with their queen, and need to knock anyone with talent as a result. Y'all really gotta let yourselves have some fun, it must be exhausting.

tumblr_plihni5h5g1r1brdqo3_500.gif

& that's exactly what sucks about all of this :huntyga:

she completely adjusted herself & her music towards success. the quality is not there, at all. this compared to NTLTC, a huge HUGE step backwards. and a HUGE step towards success. money over integrity, that's how it goes.

JohnnyVersace
2 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

& that's exactly what sucks about all of this :huntyga:

she completely adjusted herself & her music towards success. the quality is not there, at all. this compared to NTLTC, a huge HUGE step backwards. and a HUGE step towards success. money over integrity, that's how it goes.

I completely disagree. If we're talking facts, NTLTC was heavily marketed, and hyped up as Ariana addressing the terrorist attack. It was billed as "deeply emotional" in her unique way. That song had MUCH more marketing/business behind it, and was really her big cash cow comeback after all the news stories. Same with TUN, which we all knew was going to address her much talked-about relationships. Another cash cow. And while these may seem to have more "integrity" to you, they clearly had much more of a storyline behind them that was going to motivate their success. 

If anything, 7 Rings is more authentic in a way, because there's no drama/scandal/headline behind it. It's literally a song about her success and her friends, and empowering people to own their achievements. And the trap beats, Broadway inclusion, "yuhs", etc. are all very authentically Ariana. And quality is debatable. Some people like simpler songs, some like more deeply emotional. Releasing one or the other does not dictate success/integrity. And as I said, the inclusion of The Sound of Music and her rappy-vocals actually makes this a unique track. 

StrawberryBlond

I know it samples Sound Of Music but the flow of it kinda reminds me of that Teach Me How To Dougie song! Despite the amount of people hating on it, I actually like it the best out of all the new stuff she's put out. I don't think it's amazing or anything but it's not half bad. I love that beat (did she plan this since the Thank U Next video seeing as it samples the opening beat?), it totally reminds me of that opening instrumental from Mean Girls, which is probably what she was going for. It's a trap beat that's surprisingly girlie and spooky at the same time and it's the best part of the song. Her rapping is not bad either. This is like something that Rihanna would've released, but just a more girlie, Ariana touch. The only bit I don't get is the "bought a new crib just for the closet, his and hers." I mean, that makes no sense. In America, a crib is slang for a house and in Britain, it means a baby's cradle so I don't know what she's referring to here.

22 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I know it samples Sound Of Music but the flow of it kinda reminds me of that Teach Me How To Dougie song! Despite the amount of people hating on it, I actually like it the best out of all the new stuff she's put out. I don't think it's amazing or anything but it's not half bad. I love that beat (did she plan this since the Thank U Next video seeing as it samples the opening beat?), it totally reminds me of that opening instrumental from Mean Girls, which is probably what she was going for. It's a trap beat that's surprisingly girlie and spooky at the same time and it's the best part of the song. Her rapping is not bad either. This is like something that Rihanna would've released, but just a more girlie, Ariana touch. The only bit I don't get is the "bought a new crib just for the closet, his and hers." I mean, that makes no sense. In America, a crib is slang for a house and in Britain, it means a baby's cradle so I don't know what she's referring to here.

Crib also means cradle in America but she's definitely using it as slang for house. She's saying she bought a house just for his and hers closets.

I like it... But her music is becoming really recycled 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Archived