💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I think I want Glenn Close to win

WorstBehavior

Featured Posts

MEDONER

Oh wrong site, I was searching for GagaDaily, then it got all dark and now I find myself on GlennCloseDaily. Scary.

MeanDirtyFunnelweaverspider-small.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jaXXXon
On 1/16/2019 at 7:53 PM, AlexanderMagno said:

I didn't find The Wife a better movie (actually, I think both movies are hand-to-hand quality-wise), and probably not Glenn Close's best performance. But it was a great performance, and it's about time the Academy acknowledges one of the greats. Gaga's performance, as big as it might be, was not, in my opinion, so outstanding that is able to outshine Glenn's.

The Academy has awarded Gary Oldman because it was time, Leonardo DiCaprio because it was time and now Glenn Close. If anything, the Academy hasn't awarded actors for their specific role as much as for their entire career the last couple of years.

Yes, yes, let Glenn win this one, it'd be a shame if she lost yet again but PLEASE let them go back to awarding actors based on THEIR CURRENT PERFORMANCE IN THEIR CURRENT MOVIE starting next year :coffee:

14 hours ago, Aquarius said:

there's no way glenn isn't going to win at this point tbh

ALSO, aren't we lucky meryl streep wasn't as present in film this past year :toofunny: she probably would've made things a bit harder to predict

I mean, Meryl has won 2/17 Best Actress nominations. I think Glenn was always destined for this win!

13 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

The Academy has awarded Gary Oldman because it was time, Leonardo DiCaprio because it was time and now Glenn Close. If anything, the Academy hasn't awarded actors for their specific role as much as for their entire career the last couple of years.

Yes, yes, let Glenn win this one, it'd be a shame if she lost yet again but PLEASE let them go back to awarding actors based on THEIR CURRENT PERFORMANCE IN THEIR CURRENT MOVIE starting next year :coffee:

DiCaprio won fair & square that year, for The Revenant.

14 hours ago, Uniquecorn said:

Well, how Gaga rose to fame defied the odds, so why not this one. Let's be positive and continue attracting the win from the universe :party::kara:

But she isn't the worthy winner 😂 Toni Colette, Glenn and Olivia both acted way better than Gaga this year. This is not defying odds. If she wins, I'd be happy for her but I won't be happy with the Academy.

KleinGa

I haven't watched The Wife but I would support Glenn if she wins because she's a sweetheart. Im rooting for Gaga though! 

WorstBehavior
1 minute ago, Rio said:

But she isn't the worthy winner 😂 Toni Colette, Glenn and Olivia both acted way better than Gaga this year. This is not defying odds. If she wins, I'd be happy for her but I won't be happy with the Academy.

The Academy almost never award the best performance of the year. Let’s be honest.

zakariah
6 hours ago, Rio said:

I mean, Meryl has won 2/17 Best Actress nominations.

oops, I meant made things harder in terms of nominations

bluemonkey
9 hours ago, Rio said:

DiCaprio won fair & square that year, for The Revenant.

Yeah but it was long overdue and you knew he was going to get it because media buzz kept mentioning how every year he keeps getting snubbed. That’s why this gif was so popular:

tumblr_o3b1lsygZW1tnjtx4o1_400.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5133112

Uniquecorn
11 hours ago, Rio said:

She might not be deserving to your eyes, but she is to me and to some. Anyway, It's the academy that decides who deserves the award not us so :party:

gypsy101

i saw The Wife and The Favourite last week, i also would not be upset if Glenn won. it’s not a great film but she gives a great performance. Olivia Colman was also terrific in a movie that i thought was wonderful but imho all three of the ladies in that film pulled their own weight and none were really the “lead” (and if anything i thought it was Emma Stone as lead). Gaga will win for Song so as far i’m concerned i’m fine with Glenn winning Actress.

gypsy101
3 hours ago, bluemonkey said:

Yeah but it was long overdue and you knew he was going to get it because media buzz kept mentioning how every year he keeps getting snubbed.

but really though was he long overdue? it was only his 5th nomination

Archived