1. 1. What is the truth? :Oprah:

• 1 to 10mi
    • 10 to 20mi
    • 20 to 30mi
    • Over 30mi

Featured Posts

AlexanderMagno

Less than a million.

A stan is someone who will buy her music as soon as it's released. Joanne debuted worldwide for less than a million, so there's your answer. Even if you count those who can't afford to buy right in the first week, it still gives you less than a million.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Infinity Wave
12 minutes ago, Red said:

A bit off topic but it reminds me of how I grew hearing about Madonna but only listened to one of her songs (Like A Prayer) and saw her face when I was around 9 years old :air: 

Before becoming a Gaga stan, my two elder cousins used to tell me how she was this freak woman who was said to be a man (yeah, 2009 was THAT year) and who was always on the news for some strange reason. 

Months later I watched the BR video with my dad (I was 12/13 yo) and it was... well... let's just say he stopped it after a bunch of seconds :cryga:

The year after, I heard Alejandro on the readio and never stopped being a Little Monster from that moment on!

So yeah, it's not that uncommon to grow up knowing someone without ever seeing him/her lol

Colourful

Conservative Mom
19 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Probably about that number. Not counting the casual fans and stans who only keep it to themselves and not joining any online forums etc.

I think social status and where they came from are also crucial. Because many Asian grandparents, most are well educated higher class, does know about Rock n Roll and even adapting it locally since they have access to the Western world.

i get what you mean but decades ago, more people in most part of Asia were more concentrated on to make ends meet even in Japan or HK much less in China

Suburban Dweller, Property Owner, Petrol Consumer and Range Shooting Enjoyer

id say 300M people globally like her, 20m would call themselves fans fans, and like 1-2m stans stans

ElectricKing

I think the definition of a stan is variable tbh:

It can be the one with loads of doe who travels all around the world following her, buying multiple copies of her records and seeing all her shows.

It can be the one who stays on Twitter posting the new red carpet picture as soon as it hits the net and/or discussing her work etc relentlessly.

And to be fair, it can also be the one who just buys her records but listens to them religiously and takes the lyrics and makes it part of their life for example.

But I still think that's under 1M - probably closer to 500K and as I said before that is A LOT when you actually think about it.

1 hour ago, Red said:

Poverty :selena:

Thats why we get 99Cent Album specials sis.. She knows she must spread her evil gospel. 

BabylonHooker

Based on the number of views on the first day of Applause video, it would be 5 millions as I remember. Because Applause video was highly anticipated and hyped so real stans would definitely watch it on the first day it was released.

GAGA IS MY LIFELINE

Lady Rah Rah

There's a reason why she wrote a song called "MILLION Reasons". We are her million reasons :heart:

ARTPOP, you’ll always have my heart.

7 minutes ago, Lady Rah Rah said:

There's a reason why she wrote a song called "MILLION Reasons". We are her million reasons :heart:

That’s cute till you remember the million reasons are for her to walk away

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Lady Rah Rah
2 minutes ago, Red said:

That’s cute till you remember the million reasons are for her to walk away

:ladyhaha: Omg I'm so dumb sometimes :trollga:

ARTPOP, you’ll always have my heart.

Just now, Lady Rah Rah said:

:ladyhaha: Omg I'm so dumb sometimes :trollga:

You know there is a theory that Melon Raisins is actually about the fans, right? :rip:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Battle 4 Ur Life

we have to look at youtube views for PI

right now it's 160M something, after two and a half years so...

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

at least 1 million I think lol

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

A Hybrid

Why do people think every Little Monster has to buy Gaga’s music on iTunes? She uploads her music on Spotify and Apple Music, which means she’s fine with people just streaming it... I’d say between 1 and 2 million btw

No family’s safe when I sashay

Archived