đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

ASIB becomes Gaga's most streamed album on Spotify

bloody g

Featured Posts

AciidSwine
2 minutes ago, SpeechIess said:

her best album (ARTPOP) stomped on TFM even before release. the aesthetics of TFM were better but not the music.

gretchen.gif

I do enjoy ARTPOP (obviously my name) but...(i can't even say it) the music is better to you than The Fame Monster? I really.....I can't...even respond to that like....the notion that the album with Donatella and Mary Jane Holland and Jewels n Drugs and MANiCURE and Dope is of better quality than Dance In the Dark and So Happy I Could Die and Alejandro and Speechless....and Bad Romance. Im at a loss. My body and keyboard are on the ground and my heart rate is slowing as I type this..

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpeechIess
Just now, AciidSwine said:

I do enjoy ARTPOP (obviously my name) but...(i can't even say it) the music is better to you than The Fame Monster? I really.....I can't...even respond to that like....the notion that the album with Donatella and Mary Jane Holland and Jewels n Drugs and MANiCURE and Dope is of better quality than Dance In the Dark and So Happy I Could Die and Alejandro and Speechless....and Bad Romance. Im at a loss. My body and keyboard are on the ground and my heart rate is slowing as I type this..

bad romance, as complex and hair pulling for other artists to try and even replicate, is and was always superior to dance in the dark and SHICD while not even they are superior to the excellence of ARTPOP's offerings such as DWUW (Solo Version because R.Jelly) and G.U.Y or even Venusus. dope so much better than speechless, it just is, the vocals, the lyrics, whew! with this, I am proposing a revolution.  

Debithius

BTW streaming sucks because it was a spotify premium exclusive for about like...5 years....

AciidSwine
14 minutes ago, SpeechIess said:

bad romance, as complex and hair pulling for other artists to try and even replicate, is and was always superior to dance in the dark and SHICD while not even they are superior to the excellence of ARTPOP's offerings such as DWUW (Solo Version because R.Jelly) and G.U.Y or even Venusus. dope so much better than speechless, it just is, the vocals, the lyrics, whew! with this, I am proposing a revolution.  

Okay so...let me unpack all this. I love DWUW and its instrumental, I think its one of the strongest tracks in her discography (R. Kelly aside of course) and I enjoy G.U.Y and Venus a lot, love them, but they are in no way superior instrumentally, lyrically, or aesthetically to the synthpop perfection of Dance In the Dark and So Happy I Could Die. In fact, speaking of replications, GUY truly is just Bad Romances DNA repurposed by Zedd for 2013 and Venus is a fun mess but.....not superior to anything off of The Fame Monster. Its infinitely cornier to boot. And as for Dope, it is a stain on her ballad repertoire. The vocals are horrendous, the subject matter is asinine, like....the marijuana addiction playup was so....like....melodramatic and phony. Especially all those crocodile tears when she'd perform the track. I just hate Dope so much and its lyrically not even strong "i need you more than dope" who calls it dope? it just felt out of touch. I Wanna Be With You was far superior even in not being her best ballad but at least a much more authentic and raw emotional moment meant for the fans. Dope was just its rushed little brother that the label forced. And not mentioned but as much as I love Sexxx Dreams, SHICD is a superior masturbatory fantasy track and again superior to the unmentioned Dancing In Circles as well.

TFM, to me, is what ARTPOP intended to be. TFM perfectly marries her intent to be eccentric and artful with a really commercial top 40 sensibility. She set out to conquer that with ARTPOP without realizing she'd already done it 4 years prior. And I think thats something shes struggled with since and in some ways I feel she may resent TFM a little bit for being as perfect as it is and something shes yet to match culturally.

Archived