Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

BB: How Gaga Removed Her R. Kelly Collaboration From Streaming Services

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, Jester said:

I know about BTW songs, but I didn't know he worked on ARTPOP

Shame Gaga never collaborated with him in a proper way, I think I saw somewhere that he hated working for her lol

He didn't hate actually he just said he was disappointed that she changed everything he produced on the songs he worked on and never bothered to tell him. He had to discover it when the songs were out. He told it was a bittersweet experience, and I could understand to be honest. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Maybe she just regrets the wording of the song in general and it doesn't matter so much whether or not Kelly is on it. From her apology it seems she was denouncing the whole song, and not just Kelly's feature on it :shrug:

Yeah, I think her statement makes it pretty clear that she regrets both working with Kelly (as he is very clearly a despicable human), and the wording/message of the song itself.  I'm sure she wouldn't have pulled it if Kelly wasn't on it though, even if she privately decided she was done with the song. But his inclusion made everything about it so much worse, and really I don't think she had any choice but to publically denounce everything. 

So judging by the stats, the song is already 2x platinum eligible in the US (including video streams)?

Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.

FlopSlurper
51 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

They just probably thought that but according to this article he doesn't receive ANY royalties at all since he's only credited as a feature. 

The Xtina one is still on Spotify, Apple Music, and Youtube tho. 

it's not on youtube

smokeandhush
1 hour ago, Runway said:

Gaga doesn’t own her masters confirmed 

Yeah, not good. When will she? 

Defmix100
51 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

oh, yeah, well...that happens to literally any other singer signed to a label...no?

yeah but I seem to remember Gaga saying she decided to own the masters of her songs (at least from The Fame) over the pre-payment since the masters are more important in the long run and she believed in her work

FfFfFfFF

This makes me think Interscope really does give her a lot of freedom. Putting down a single? A top 20 one? Are there even precedents to this in pop music?

Arturo
42 minutes ago, ARTSEX said:

So judging by the stats, the song is already 2x platinum eligible in the US (including video streams)?

Yup

AJRocketMan
2 hours ago, PrincessVenus said:

so then he won't get royalties for the solo version or the xtina remix?

He doesn't have writing credits on the solo version or the Christina Aguilera remix. The solo version was completed around January or February of 2013, when she was on the road for the North American leg of the Born This Way Ball. She tweeted the second verse in January of that year. That means nothing about it is changed. R. Kelly only wrote the parts that he sang.

Donny Winter

So based on this, it was the record label that made the determination to help out in this situation. They obviously feared backlash as well. This goes to show that at times (heck, maybe all the time) Gaga's power is significantly limited by the record label and parent companies. This could be proof that she was paired (by the record label) with R. Kelly right off the bat. I'm just reflecting on that because people keep saying, "Well, she shouldn't have made the choice to collab with him." Well, maybe it wasn't her choice?

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

Shipper
8 minutes ago, Donny Winter said:

So based on this, it was the record label that made the determination to help out in this situation. They obviously feared backlash as well. This goes to show that at times (heck, maybe all the time) Gaga's power is significantly limited by the record label and parent companies. This could be proof that she was paired (by the record label) with R. Kelly right off the bat. I'm just reflecting on that because people keep saying, "Well, she shouldn't have made the choice to collab with him." Well, maybe it wasn't her choice?

It is also possible that Gaga has been in talks with Interscope and their parent company all this time to remove the song.  I doubt that a song like that can be removed that quickly and needs to be agreed on by various executives for it to happen. 

Maybe Gaga only posted about R.Kelly and the song because she only got the go ahead signal a few days ago.  

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Donny Winter
Just now, Shipper said:

It is also possible that Gaga has been in talks with Interscope and their parent company all this time to remove the song.  I doubt that a song like that can be removed that quickly and needs to be agreed on by various executives for it to happen. 

Maybe Gaga only posted about R.Kelly and the song because she only got the go ahead signal a few days ago.  

I never considered that. That's definitely a possibility. I feel like there probably was more of a process than we're probably aware of. I just wish the haters would see that. 

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

Archived