Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How is the Vegas residency fair to her fans?

Bobbins

Featured Posts

Bobbins

Okay let me rephrase this then. How is Gaga doing a Vegas residency for 3 years fair for her normal fans who can't afford to come to Vegas to see her? Ever since the Joanne album campaign Gaga has been appealing to a whiter American audience who uphold the privileges of white culture. I feel like with the Vegas residency it's the same thing considering it's in Vegas and only rich white gays can afford to go there. What about her fans in Asia? What about her fans in Europe? This is extremely unfair for her wider audience who had to face cancellation from her last tour too. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Okay let me rephrase this then. How is Gaga doing a Vegas residency for 3 years fair for her normal fans who can't afford to come to Vegas to see her? Ever since the Joanne album campaign Gaga has been appealing to a whiter American audience who uphold the privileges of white culture. I feel like with the Vegas residency it's the same thing considering it's in Vegas and only rich white gays can afford to go there. What about her fans in Asia? What about her fans in Europe? This is extremely unfair for her wider audience who had to face cancellation from her last tour too. 

giphy.gif

What I worry about is that after the initial fan buzz of those who can actually go, she'll be performing to rich Americans who probably aren't even that big of a fan. I wonder how that'll feel for her when she's used to an arena of fans. 

How about just for once people take her health into consideration? Would you prefer her to get halfway through a tour, cancel it, and have her tear apart her body? Fibromyalgia and pain from her hip surgery isn't something she can turn off with the push of a button. Why can't people just be happy she's giving us an amazing show and is performing songs we have been longing to hear live? 

Didn’t you already make a thread about this? Gaga is sick! At the moment she can’t go traveling around the world and ****ing kill herself to exhaustion for your pleasure. Maybe next tour?

why is everything gotta be a race issue? because i'm pretty sure it's not just white people going to see Enigma. it just isn't true. :triggered:

6 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

a whiter American audience who uphold the privileges of white culture. only rich white gays can afford to go there. What about her fans in Asia? What about her fans in Europe?

lives behind the aura

monster4life231
7 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

only rich white gays can afford to go there

Um...not true.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Bobbins
Just now, QueenGa said:

How about just for once people take her health into consideration? Would you prefer her to get halfway through a tour, cancel it, and have her tear apart her body? Fibromyalgia and pain from her hip replacement isn't something she can turn off with the push of a button. Why can't people just be happy she's giving us an amazing show and is performing songs we have been longing to hear live? 

Because not everybody can experience this amazing show because not everyone's from rich, middle-upper class America? She should do fewer dates that are stadiums then like Adele. At least that gives fans a fair chance to see her even if tickets sell out quickly. 

giskardsb

making a case that it might not be "fair" to some fans who can't afford it can be a reasonable argument, but bringing "white privilege" into it is a false argument and belittling to her.  Gaga is not being racist by being in Vegas.  

Saint Laurent
1 minute ago, QueenGa said:

How about just for once people take her health into consideration? Would you prefer her to get halfway through a tour, cancel it, and have her tear apart her body? Fibromyalgia and pain from her hip replacement isn't something she can turn off with the push of a button. Why can't people just be happy she's giving us an amazing show and is performing songs we have been longing to hear live? 

I appreciate the point, but really she could just do half the amount of shows... Plus, she seems tonnes better.

If she can travel around the country and world for ASIB and do a residency in Vegas, she can do a tour.

The health point is growing weak.

AlexanderMagno

Because right now she's putting herself as a national act, not an international one.

Over the last 4 years she has been promoting herself intensely in the USA. From Cheek to Cheek to ASIB, the quest has been conquering the USA (despite everything, the bad press about her is not international). Americans are her target right now, the Billboard Hot 100 is a very important chart that she struggled to take back. She needs the #1 in America, simple as that.

8 minutes ago, QueenGa said:

preach! but seriously.. these threads and stuff bashing Enigma (I personally didn't like the outfits (they just personally weren't my taste); but I didn't go off and rant about it) kinda shows ungratefulness. just because you can't be there (and I can't either) doesn't mean it's only for privileged white people.

lives behind the aura

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived