💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga going to conform forever?

Ronlop

Featured Posts

AciidSwine

I think ARTPOP was such a mess that she went the opposite direction and never looked back right? C2C, Joanne, ASIB, these are all projects that aided in getting her attention or respect from circles she never outright catered to beforehand. I think now that thats all out of her system I speculate she will return to the provocative for the next album cycle, I just assume shes going to try to be a little more refined in her approach. ARTPOP was a f*cking mess conceptually and yeah it had its moments of reckless abandon that some people may label "risky" but most of the time it was just kind of unnecessarily ugly and pointless? There was a rebellious attitude present in that era that I appreciate but I don't think it was always honed in in constructive ways. And to say that doesn't mean it will never exist again, it will just be more refined I hope. Imo, we're in the ASIB era rn and that consists of Gaga being in full hollywood actress mode. As soon as the next album cycle kicks in after awards season we'll probably see that start to shed a bit. Hopefully anyway. Its lovely that shes gained so much success with ASIB and I love the OST and the film of course, but shes a total bore these days I must admit. and uptight af too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean I PRAY FOR more shocking stuff. But society is getting more and more easy-to-offend. :/ So I don't think so. Please send me back to the 90s!!!!

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

beaublue

Lol she’s never conformed... actually, if she did what you wanted she would be conforming so...

KingChristopher
Just now, McYves said:

I mean I PRAY FOR more shocking stuff. But society is getting more and more easy to offend. :/ So I don't think so.

Please tell me something Gaga pulled off in the past, that society will deem offensive now ? 

And please spare me anything rkelly related. Thats not sensitivity, its literally being a decent person. 

3 minutes ago, KingChristopher said:

Please tell me something Gaga pulled off in the past, that society will deem offensive now ? 

And please spare me anything rkelly related. Thats not sensitivity, its literally being a decent person. 

I've said this a lot of times but again, she's no criminal, she's actually a decent person no matter what. I don't need to have this conversation, have a nice day.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

KingChristopher
1 minute ago, McYves said:

I've said this a lot of times but again, she's no criminal, she's actually a decent person. I don't need to have this conversation, have a nice day.

I dont think you understood what i meant but okay.

AciidSwine
4 minutes ago, KingChristopher said:

I'd say the SXSW vomit performance is one that is easily misinterpreted as being offensive. And I suppose superficially it certainly seems that way, but I think the intent behind it makes it the only constructively artfully rebellious moment of that era.

WorstBehavior
6 minutes ago, KingChristopher said:

Judas. I don’t think is offensive at all. I am an atheist tho. But still, she just used Judas as a metaphor. Today, she’ll be criticized more than before. I think.

12 minutes ago, KingChristopher said:

I dont think you understood what i meant but okay.

OK, I'm going to answer you. I want her to make an album (aesthetically and visually) inspired by Cleopatra and other powerful women throughout history but it would be considered cultural appropriation, I want her to release some "Princess Die"-style music/lyrics but she would be accused of promoting suicide, etc. Even BORN THIS WAY was critiziced for the use of the word "CHOLA" in some countries. I'm latino and I'm totally fine with it, but people is very easy to offend nowadays. It's a fact.

KingChristopher
6 minutes ago, AciidSwine said:

I'd say the SXSW vomit performance is one that is easily misinterpreted as being offensive. And I suppose superficially it certainly seems that way, but I think the intent behind it makes it the only constructively artfully rebellious moment of that era.

Gotchu

2 minutes ago, WorstBehavior said:

Judas. I don’t think is offensive at all. I am an atheist tho. But still, she just used Judas as a metaphor. Today, she’ll be criticized more than before. I think.

I was thinking about Judas too. But in my opinion, the world has gotten increasingly irreligious in the past 10 years so i would think there would the same amount or less criticism

To answer the title of this thread:

As long as the world stays this politically correct and easily triggered, yes.

It’s so unfortunate. She was so ahead of her time, we are lucky that Gaga got famous at a time when art wasn’t so censored. 

Archived