Gaga addresses R. Kelly

Tom Nook

Featured Posts

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WorstBehavior
11 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Just what I was thinking as well. There’s this anti white woman rhetoric going around since the rise in calling out racism (which I support 100%). However, I’m definitely on board when you say that the black community is being completely extra and evil in their thirst for dragging her down when it’s literally not her fault and she owes NO ONE an apology. There are a million black artists who collaborated with him and no one is calling them out either. And no one will have the balls to bring this side of the discussion up because of fear of being labelled a ‘racist’ but I don’t give a ****. These are facts and it’s unfortunate that everything is so tied to race nowawadays. 

Exactly. People find controversial what I am saying and I really don’t care at this point. I called out someone on instagram who posted pictures of Gaga and was denouncing her. But had no pictures of all the other artists who collaborated with him. Everyone is picking and choosing who they want and don’t want to cancel. But it seems as if they’re forgetting to look at themselves in the mirror. 

mattbri

I have mixed feelings about all of this. She should have never collaborated with him on that song. Better late than never?

JohnnyVersace

Seeing a lot of mixed opinions here. 

I don't think she's at all defending him, or plugging herself. She admitted that she was ****ED UP during this time, and used poor judgement to create something in order to be rebellious and shock. Yes, clearly she didn't side with victims at the time, and imo hardly knew what she was doing. She ****ed up and acknowledged it, I hardly find that reason to unstan.

She's constantly damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. This woman can never win, and even after issuing a heartfelt apology is getting dragged. 

Chuckles

I've seen a lot of negative commens towards her on twitter and the ones that I have challenged with facts have blocked me. Goes to prove that they are not being authentic and just want to drag Gagafor her currrent success. It's a shame for them but I've never been MORE proud of Gaga than today.

Donny Winter

As a fellow survivor of sexual assault, I'm a bit appalled by the shame/hate thrown at Gaga especially after her apology. I really want to believe that people wouldn't shame a person who has also survived similar trauma in their life. 

I've been a bit upset over this today, as I'm sure many fellow little monsters have been. I decided to make a YouTube video discussing it if you want to hear some thoughts: Unsettled by Lady Gaga Backlash

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

Frankenztein
54 minutes ago, Donny Winter said:

As a fellow survivor of sexual assault, I'm a bit appalled by the shame/hate thrown at Gaga especially after her apology. I really want to believe that people wouldn't shame a person who has also survived similar trauma in their life. 

I've been a bit upset over this today, as I'm sure many fellow little monsters have been. I decided to make a YouTube video discussing it if you want to hear some thoughts: Unsettled by Lady Gaga Backlash

I'm on the same page as you. I'm a survivor too. Some of the comments about her are disturbing, and reading them makes me nauseous. They are tearing down the wrong person and don't care about re-traumatizing someone with PTSD. There is so much ignorance about mental illness.

There is sexism involved too. It reminds me of people who focused on all the women who worked with Harvey Weinstein. Some people were weirdly more angry with women associating with him then they were with Harvey himself. 

Batwings

I'm honestly appalled at some of the comments I've seen about Gaga on social media. On NPR's Facebook page, they posted a story about her response, and even though NPR readers like to think of themselves as "woke," there are so many people trashing her right and left, and even lying about her. Some woman said that she toured with R. Kelly, so she's complicit in much of his actions. I just don't get it. They're supposed to be super liberal and woke but think it's OK to dictate how a sexual assault survivor responds to a known predator? People are just dragging her because they can all while ignoring other people he's collaborated with who haven't said one word. People have even commented she's just doing this because it's Oscars season, even though the documentary just now started airing and Gaga has basically tried to kill DWUW ever since the end of the ARTPOP era. It's one thing to be sympathetic to assault victims, and it's entirely another thing to viciously trash someone who is trying to make amends.

So the people who are critical of Gaga, you stans assume, AREN'T victims as well?

I wish I was able to perform these mental gymnastics for someone just because I like their music.  Oh wait, no I don't.

Peace, Monsters.

8 hours ago, EnigmaGaga said:

Do what u want is still on the play store on android.  dwuw_by_dooplyflooply_dcwresy-fullview.j

nobody checks for that, so she probably doesn't care lol

andreas85

In my opinion Gaga's reaction is understandable and justified. However, erasing the song was exaggerative and unnecessary move. Millions of people around the world have listened to that song anyway. Also, whatever crimes R. Kelly might have committed, they have nothing to do with the song so there's nothing wrong with still enjoying the song. Countless people working in movie industry and music industry have been involved in several suspicious activities. Avoiding all those songs and movies produced by possibly suspicious people would make life way too complicated.

11 hours ago, Fanta said:

Just what I was thinking as well. There’s this anti white woman rhetoric going around since the rise in calling out racism (which I support 100%). However, I’m definitely on board when you say that the black community is being completely extra and evil in their thirst for dragging her down when it’s literally not her fault and she owes NO ONE an apology. There are a million black artists who collaborated with him and no one is calling them out either. And no one will have the balls to bring this side of the discussion up because of fear of being labelled a ‘racist’ but I don’t give a ****. These are facts and it’s unfortunate that everything is so tied to race nowawadays. 

I honestly can't believe that you posted this. I don't want to be rude, but it's really concerning to see you and other forum members participating/propogating the myth of reverse racism. There is no systemic "anti white woman" effect happening; that is in your mind. It's not "nowadays" that race is being tied to everything; race has always been tied to everything, but white people are just starting to be conscious of it because of the social changes we're seeing with more POC speaking up and making white people aware of their privilege. 

Ugh. Stop. How can you start a paragraph off by claiming there is an "anti white woman narrative" and then end it with a complaint about tying things to race, the very thing you did to begin with?

UGHHHHHHH. I want to read you the house down, but I also don't want to get banned from this forum, so... Please, stop contributing to a toxic atmosphere for POC by saying they are being "extra and evil" when they are literally just trying to reverse a history-long trend of discounting and disbelieving black women's truths.

1 hour ago, andy69 said:

I honestly can't believe that you posted this. I don't want to be rude, but it's really concerning to see you and other forum members participating/propogating the myth of reverse racism. There is no systemic "anti white woman" effect happening; that is in your mind. It's not "nowadays" that race is being tied to everything; race has always been tied to everything, but white people are just starting to be conscious of it because of the social changes we're seeing with more POC speaking up and making white people aware of their privilege. 

Ugh. Stop. How can you start a paragraph off by claiming there is an "anti white woman narrative" and then end it with a complaint about tying things to race, the very thing you did to begin with?

UGHHHHHHH. I want to read you the house down, but I also don't want to get banned from this forum, so... Please, stop contributing to a toxic atmosphere for POC by saying they are being "extra and evil" when they are literally just trying to reverse a history-long trend of discounting and disbelieving black women's truths.

The gag is I’m not white and I’m also a person of colour, but fake ‘woke’ people like you always feel the need to call people with my opinion out because you think it’ll make you a saviour. I can be against racism, for equality of all races and gender identities and still think that at times a positive movement is being used for negativity. I don’t need someone to school me on what’s right or wrong, especially not on the internet. The fact remains that because she’s a woman and because she’s white she’s getting dragged online instead of the rest of the artists that collaborated with him. Don’t believe me? Go online and compare the reactions to her apology to that of Nick Cannon who flatly says he turned a blind eye to it all. Why is Mariah Carey not being dragged for R Kelly ‘gracing’ her stage in 2016 (her words)? It’s one thing dragging racists and exposing them, putting them in their place and so on (I’m with that 100%). However, we don’t need to drag every white person even when they try to do right just because they’re white and calling white people out is ‘in’. Also, miss me with that reverse racism bullsh*t you tried to accuse me of claiming. I never believed in that sh*t and never will so whatever you decided to believe is NOT it.

Archived