šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

life

Gaga addresses R. Kelly

Tom Nook

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Pray4FameGa said:

This.

This is a sad day for me. She really wants that Oscar and everyone on her side.

Some of the best art is born of the darkest places, you donā€™t just delete it retrospectively. This isnā€™t in the spirit of a true artist and she has disappointed me by doing whatā€™s expected by the tabloids.

You donā€™t just delete a song in your discography due to some allegations made against a featured artist.Ā 

Itā€™s obvious she wants nothing to do with provocation or controversy anymore. The Lady Gaga we once knew is dead tbh.

Iā€™m still a huge fan, but this has disappointed me.

I find your post very interesting.

I don't think she regrets her art, her music, her performances. I'm sure she is proud of the song but like she stated she was in a dark place that she didn't express herself in the right way... she was angry... and that's not a way to be.Ā Gaga faced so much hatred and criticism and who knows, she could have believed R Kelly faced the same thing and that all were rumours to hurt him and she believed in him.

Regretting her collaboration doesn't mean she regrets her song, her work, her art.

I don't know if she is doingĀ  this for the Oscars honestly, part of me doubts it, part of me knows it can be.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borislshere
1 minute ago, StarlightSeiya said:

Man...it's wild that only SHE had to speak up. Why did everyone pressure only her to do it? There are countless others who worked with him who haven't said anything yet. I'm glad she said something but I knew there will still be people complaining. Poor thing...

that's completely false. People have been asking a ton of others to speak up, she got flackĀ because of the songs messageĀ She's not the only one. Chance, John Legend and Omarion Ā have spoken up about R. Kelly

StarlightSeiya
Just now, Borislshere said:

that's completely false. People have been asking a ton of others to speak up, she got flackĀ because of the songs messageĀ She's not the only one. Chance, John Legend and Omarion Ā have spoken up about R. Kelly

Like I said. There are countless others who haven't said anything yet. Of course those three said something. Jeeze

Bone Apple Tea bebe

hausofcy

Wow. Thatā€™s one hell of an apology. Iā€™m glad she spoke out and happy thatā€™s sheā€™s removing the song so people will actually see that it is sincere. Respect for that

šŸ‡¬šŸ‡·

My question is, how will this work for physical copies that are sold in the future?

Religion is a product to sell.

YourBeautiful

This is so sad. Rkelly should have never been invited ontoĀ the song as at its core Do What You Want is in no way about sex. Nothing about Gagaā€™s original lyrics refers to sex in any way. Itā€™s provocative for sure but itā€™s not about sex. The original lyrics were born out of this photo from what I remember Ā o-LADY-GAGA-570.jpg?6

The media began to crucify Gaga during the BTWBT( calling her fat because of photoshopped images like this one,Ā saying sheā€™s over, saying she would never have another hit ect)Ā and DWYW was her response. At its core itā€™s a song about reclaiming your narrative and not letting others write it for you. Thatā€™s what happening today. Sheā€™s having to delete a song from her discography that from her perspective was about telling people that they couldnā€™t ā€œstop her voiceā€ yet the media today is making her repent for her label putting Kelly on the track, essentially stopping her voice and silencing the original message of her lyrics.

The solo version should replace the released one on all platforms tonight and be added to enigma and future shows to reinforce that message and celebrate the song. DWYW helped me and Iā€™m sure many others back in 2013. I was so happy when we got the Christina version with the original lyrics and waited for the solo version to be released officially all this time(not just on that one cd compilation).Ā 

Im not saying she shouldnā€™t have addressed this situation with rkelly because she absolutely had to and quite frankly should have awhile ago. The whole situation has been poorly handled since itā€™s official release as 2nd ARTPOP single. This just wasnā€™t the way to do itĀ 

8 minutes ago, YourBeautiful said:

This is so sad. Rkelly should have never been invited ontoĀ the song as at its core Do What You Want is in no way about sex. Nothing about Gagaā€™s original lyrics refers to sex in any way. Itā€™s provocative for sure but itā€™s not about sex. The original lyrics were born out of this photo from what I remember Ā o-LADY-GAGA-570.jpg?6

The media began to crucify Gaga during the BTWBT( calling her fat because of photoshopped images like this one,Ā saying sheā€™s over, saying she would never have another hit ect)Ā and DWYW was her response. At its core itā€™s a song about reclaiming your narrative and not letting others write it for you. Thatā€™s what happening today. Sheā€™s having to delete a song from her discography that from her perspective was about telling people that they couldnā€™t ā€œstop her voiceā€ yet the media today is making her repent for her label putting Kelly on the track, essentially stopping her voice and silencing the original message of her lyrics.

The solo version should replace the released one on all platforms tonight and be added to enigma and future shows to reinforce that message and celebrate the song. DWYW helped me and Iā€™m sure many others back in 2013. I was so happy when we got the Christina version with the original lyrics and waited for the solo version to be released officially all this time(not just on that one cd compilation).Ā 

Im not saying she shouldnā€™t have addressed this situation with rkelly because she absolutely had to and quite frankly should have awhile ago. The whole situation has been poorly handled since itā€™s official release as 2nd ARTPOP single. This just wasnā€™t the way to do itĀ 

This.

If she replaces the song itā€™ll look like sheā€™sĀ profiting from the situation so no to that. The Xtina version should still remain though, I would think.

Ā 

and to anyone saying that she shouldnā€™t remove it: r kelly was profiting off of the song. Thatā€™s why she removed it. It wasnā€™t an artistic thing; itā€™s that he was profiting from the platform she gave him. She clearly still believes in the message of the song, but not in paying out to pedophiles.

Ā 

This was a fantastic apology.

This is a fantastic response, and I like that it wasn't a cookie-cutter P.R. response and she actually explained her feelings.Ā 

Wish she had done so sooner, and she definitely should have denounced him before the media blew it up. But better late than never...

35 minutes ago, YourBeautiful said:

Do you see? WhyĀ  Gaga couldn't tell the world the story behind the song like you did? I mean I like her statement but when you acknowledge the story behind the song it all makes sense, more sense (since I didn't know it).

Ā 

34 minutes ago, YourBeautiful said:

I think itā€™s a bit more nuanced than that. Writing a song about how the media canā€™t steal your humanity as they baselessly slander you is a far cry difference from apologizing when people point out that itā€™s hypocritical of you to position yourself as a a leading sexual assault awarenessĀ advocate and then profit off of work done with a KNOWN predator of extreme proportions.

Her removing the song is saying that sheā€™s sorry and doesnā€™t want to profit from work with him nor give him a platform to profit from as heā€™d be making royaltiesĀ from this song.

Checking your pride and listening to valid critique is not being silenced. Itā€™s being mature. In this case she was in the wrong. Ultimately she decided to let him on her album; the label may have introduced them (maybe, thatā€™s not conclusive), but she gave the okay and enthusiastically defended both the single, his presence on it and him.

And while it could be nice if sheĀ Ā replaced song, it wonā€™t happen as it would look like sheā€™s using the opportunity to profit off of the situation which would make things worse. She can and should not forget the song, but itā€™s tied very carefully to a potential PR nightmare for her so she needs to be careful in its usage even the solo version.

YourBeautiful
4 minutes ago, Jaume said:

Do you see? WhyĀ  Gaga couldn't tell the world the story behind the song like you did? I mean I like her statement but when you acknowledge the story behind the song it all makes sense, more sense (since I didn't know it).

Ā 

I think the reason they chose this statement is because itā€™s easier to market. Not that Iā€™m saying the apology is contrived but itā€™s allot easier to say she was working through PTSDĀ being an assault survivor(which is probably also somewhat true) the. It is to explain how you felt persecuted against from the media and Stan culture six years ago. Most people will only read headlines or quotes from the apology as opposed to studying it as most of us will or are. Itā€™s the difference between ā€œLady Gaga apologizes for RKelly Collab ā€˜ my thinking at the time was twisted due to sexual assaultā€™ā€ and ā€œLady Gaga blames Rkelly collab on media and fan cultureā€

Archived