Gaga addresses R. Kelly

Tom Nook

Featured Posts

Mirages
49 minutes ago, Original Diva said:

Will she keep xtina version??ย 

Or at least replace it with solo version??ย 

Ot: glad she did this.ย 

Probably not, seems like she's discarding the whole song because of the lyrics.ย 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Glad I bought the remoxes on iTunes when it was released, in case DWUW will be removedย :diane:

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰โœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š  ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š—๐š’-๐š’-๐š’-๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š...! (*ยด่‰ธ๏ฝ€*) โ™กโ™กโ™ก

I think she just did what she had to. I guess all versions will be removed because of R Kelly credits on all of them.

I hope she is ok, so much memories.

The ARTPOP era still remains as a dark side of her career but I still don't know why: this song, her management, her disappointments with people not understanding her... I hope in the future she will explain what really happened.

Andy McQueen

And I agree, no matter how intended, "Do what you want wih my body" is a horrible message (I know it's a metaphor and not meant literally, but still...). I just read the book "Brave" by Rose McGowan and it teached me a lot on how twisted victims of sexual abuse get manipulated into thinking they have to sell themselves and need to be sexy.ย 

Original Diva
7 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Probably not, seems like she's discarding the whole song because of the lyrics.ย 

๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

excuse me no

Removing the song completely is a bit too much :air:

My favourite song of hers, even the R Kelly version :selena:

8 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

if i bought the song on itunes back then, will it disappear as well from my list?

No you'll keep the songs you bought.

You just better not loose the file, I don't know if this affects your buying history as well or if the song just gets hidden on the iTunes store for people who haven't bought it :shrug:

RAMROD
10 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

if i bought the song on itunes back then, will it disappear as well from my list?

It won't because it is forever saved in your PC. You just can't redownload from the iTunes anymoreย if you deleted them by accident or such.ย It is a good time to buyย the CD on Amazon before they revised tracklist forย that one too :sis:

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰โœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š  ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š—๐š’-๐š’-๐š’-๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š...! (*ยด่‰ธ๏ฝ€*) โ™กโ™กโ™ก

Didymus

Well...

:applause::applause::applause:

She said a lot more than she had to and I believe she's sincere. Very happy with this response. Now we can finally leave it behind. Thanks, Gaga!

derpmonster
44 minutes ago, MEM said:

It just makes me sad that she looks back at her younger self as being "explicitly twisted in (her) thinking" because even though it was a dark time, I think she was still incredibly smart and full of integrity...but now she's kind of dismissing her former self like "oh I was crazy back then" therefore everything she did at the time was stupid, or something? It kills me thinking that she hates herself for doing something she loved at the time, when she really was just expressing herself...and it's her right to.ย Does anyone agree with me/get what I'm saying?

DWUW is arguably one of the most meaningful tracks on ARTPOP - it was aboutย resilienceย for goodness' sake! About how the media can say anything about you but they will never own you!! Now that she's removing it everywhere...it kind of defeats the purpose of the song. It's more just the fact that his vocals are featured on it...

I'm so proud of her for saying something, but I don't know why but the extra move to get rid ofย it just messes me up. Like I can't believe she has to remove a piece of her art from the world because of someone else's mistake...it just breaks my heart.ย :messga:

Okay, I understand your feeling but please let's remember that younger Gaga wasn't infallible. She could still make mistakes. Gaga is now apologizing for a mistake, not for who she was.ย 

Everything crazy isn't bad. Everything about the song isn't bad. But part of it is twisted even if her intention wasn't. The fact that she can see it now is good.

This isn't an end all statement, let's not make it that. This is a statement about one mistake. Not her whole identity. Just one thing that came as a result of it.ย 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
1 hour ago, wojx xoxo said:

Beach, itโ€™s not โ€žDo What U Want (With My Body)โ€

She's taking full responsibility by mentioning it out this way. She's making clear that she's not trying to hide stuff or make it look prettier than it is.ย 

Joanne teas though.ย 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Archived