💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga addresses R. Kelly

Tom Nook

Featured Posts

Proud of her.

Even tho her haters won’t ever be satisfied. 

We should expect the same from all the names on this long list: 

FreePalestine

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

I'm glad she decided to talk about the issue. I was one of those people that saw both the positives and negatives to her not talking about it vs. talking about it, but after reading this, I'm glad she did decide to talk about it. I thought it was pretty obvious to everyone that she would have disowned any sort of collaboration with R. Kelly, but I was shocked to see that she would remove DWUW from streaming services.

Taking everything R. Kelly has done out, and solely focusing on the song, I think the song is amazing. It has a powerful message, and I think it's extremely relevant in today's times. However, I completely understand why she would want to make that decision. The way it was promoted, and the music video that was shot for it, was extremely provocative and sexual, which would have blurred the lines of the song's meaning. In the meantime, I'll definitely be listening to the Xtina collab and the solo version.

I'm just so proud of her for standing up and taking a stance on this horrible and abhorrent issue :heart:

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

PR wise I get why she’s doing this, but I would’ve hoped they’d find a different solution like donating the profit coming from that song to a non-profit cause rather than delete the song altogether as it has never happened.

-.- The fact that by deleting the song, she's doing exact opposite thing that she sang about in the song: she's letting the media own her mind and voice.

I am so glad she addressed this matter; and am so proud of her for doing the right thing by apologizing and by vocalizing her intent to vanish their professional collaboration.

Kalinda
6 minutes ago, Taide said:

-.- The fact that by deleting the song, she's doing exact opposite thing that she sang about in the song: she's letting the media own her mind and voice.

R. Kelly has writing credits on the song and gets money when people stream and download it. It's completely understable to not want to support him in any way, shape or form. (Even though it's happening years too late, but whatever, better late than never.) Also, let's not revise history, the media wasn't pushing Gaga to remove the song, they just reported that Gaga was silent about her collab with him .It was her decision to remove it.

DontDoubtDavid

I never understood why she collaborated with him in the first place. It felt wrong to me since the beginning. Still an amazing song nonetheless, but the Christina version is a lot better.

adamsenigma
4 minutes ago, Taide said:

Girl, no. It has nothing to do with the media... R. Kelly profits from the song and it's just not a good look to have a song with an abuser avalaible to stream specially when you are a sexual assault survivor and activist. 

Somehow this whole debacle just made me realize how... you just make mistakes in your life. You just do. Whatever the circumstance was, sometimes you just commit to a bad decision and you just have to live with it. It's so easy to forget, but it's so human. It's making me so emotional? Lkjsladkjasldkj

Anyway, I don't understand how doing this apology is "just for PR" and is a "convenient time for Gaga" (I've read such statements on Twitter). Admitting a such a bad f.uck up is never convenient for anyone at any time. Also, Oscars is literally just around the corner - she could've just hid somewhere/from Twitter until that happens. But she apologized and turned the spotlight to her with full knowledge that it's just gonna be backlash until who knows when. It's so scary, but she did it.

Just now, Kalinda said:

R. Kelly has writing credits on the song and gets money when people stream and download it. It's completely understable to not want to support him in any way, shape or form. (Also, let's not revise history, the media wasn't pushing Gaga to remove the song, they just reported that Gaga was silent about her collab with him, it was her decision to remove it.)

I know that she herself decided to delete it, but the reason is because the media started to pick the song up and pointing fingers to her. I just wish that she wouldn't try to change her artistry. 

But what is done is done. I'm very emotional about this, because DWUW was the song that helped me get through my depression and suicide thoughts. 

MelbHawker

Love her words, and her following through with the action of removing the song from all platforms. 

A little part of my soul though, is annoyed that she has to apologise to the world because of his alleged crimes. It's as if she's done anything wrong..

YourBeautiful
5 minutes ago, Decidueye said:

F*CK you Annoying BITCH

That’s rude and Edo brings up a really great point. Using the solo version and donating profits allows us to keep the song, Have the original message, and support victims. You should never say **** you to a stranger on an internet pop forum. It’s not that serious  

howiet1971
54 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I think it’s a bit more nuanced than that. Writing a song about how the media can’t steal your humanity as they baselessly slander you is a far cry difference from apologizing when people point out that it’s hypocritical of you to position yourself as a a leading sexual assault awareness advocate and then profit off of work done with a KNOWN predator of extreme proportions.

Her removing the song is saying that she’s sorry and doesn’t want to profit from work with him nor give him a platform to profit from as he’d be making royalties from this song.

Checking your pride and listening to valid critique is not being silenced. It’s being mature. In this case she was in the wrong. Ultimately she decided to let him on her album; the label may have introduced them (maybe, that’s not conclusive), but she gave the okay and enthusiastically defended both the single, his presence on it and him.

And while it could be nice if she  replaced song, it won’t happen as it would look like she’s using the opportunity to profit off of the situation which would make things worse. She can and should not forget the song, but it’s tied very carefully to a potential PR nightmare for her so she needs to be careful in its usage even the solo version.

Far more eloquent than I.

Archived