💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga needs to condemn R Kelly

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

elijahfan
5 minutes ago, T E A said:

maybe she'll be subpoenaed or something and the transcripts will leak à la the katy mess. in that case, there would be more pressure on her to acknowledge the situation, imo. now it's only her oscar chances. :trollga: 

The video is bound to come out eventually, nothing stays unreleased forever in this day & age. And there will never be a right moment for this, and the media + people won't care that this is 6 years old, they would treat it as brand new material......

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagadonna
1 hour ago, Benji said:

No she doesn't.

No one outside of stan twitter cares that Gaga hasn't commented.

Go check Instagram. Many many many people are talking about it on her pics

Angelm

I’m so worried and afraid about this, she needs to do it ASAP, but I feel like she might do it after the Oscars. This is a potential threat to her career and to the clean reputation she built up over the last years. If someone can contact Bobby or someone else it would be great.

crisTEAne
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

The video is bound to come out eventually, nothing stays unreleased forever in this day & age.

let's hope it won't, or that it was never completed. :pray: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

2School4Cool
2 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

R.Kelly and Aaliyah's marriage was talked about so much, and it was in the 90s so how Gaga could miss that, I don't know. I'm not saying that she definitely knew, but it seems unlikely to me.

I get what you’re saying. I feel like potentially she was mislead about it or got the idea that it was all speculation and rumor with no fact or evidence, kind of like with Michael Jackson. As a survivor herself I can’t imagine her working with him if she felt his allegations were true.

See The Best In Everyone

derpmonster
4 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Do you need to have a "REPUTATION" as a sexual assault survivor? That's patronizing as ****. 

Really? That's what you take from that whole post?

Maybe reputation wasn't the right word. They possibly meant her status as someone who has been a survivor herself and has bravely spoken up for others and given them a voice.

She risks all of it being seen as inauthentic. We are fans. We know and trust her. The GP and others won't. She should just make a statement and move on.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

vitoburrrito
4 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

The video is bound to come out eventually, nothing stays unreleased forever in this day & age. And there will never be a right moment for this.

This. It will follow her around forever until she addresses it.

nodandsmile
33 minutes ago, That J said:

I posted this in another thread. It's this easy...

"During the recording of my album ARTPOP, I had a song which myself and management felt could benefit from a guest spot. Like many others, I utilized the talent of R. Kelly and had nothing but a positive working experience with him. During that time a few things went on behind the scenes resulting in my change of management as well as truly accepting and coming to terms with my own history of sexual abuse. It took a long time to get through that pain and it is a pain I still suffer through. Looking back, perhaps it was an unfortunate choice to include him on my album. The truth is, this is bigger than a song and bigger than music. This is about a man and the lives of real women and I think the conversation should be about that and not a song that was done years ago. Thank you- xoxo, Joanne'   Bam. 

:what: I never knew she expressed regret about it. I just thought she never mentioned it, ever and it bothered me!

Zander

I can see what’ll happen.

She's being pressured to make a statement. She makes a statement. Statement isn’t good enough and people will say she only made a statement because she was being pressured. And repeat... 

Doesn’t matter what she says it won’t be good enough and people will put a spin on it. It’s a lose, lose situation but it definitely won’t ruin her career or Oscar chances. She didn’t commit the crime.

That J
Just now, SimplyTheBest said:

:what: I never knew she expressed regret about it. I just thought she never mentioned it, ever and it bothered me!

This was not a real qoute but me trying to do one for her. Lol 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

She needs to address and any of you saying different need to take off your stan goggles and ****in wake up

derpmonster
57 minutes ago, McYves said:

I still don't get why is such a SIN to work with him. I mean they just recorded together, it's not like she's raping kids too or something. I loved their collab, I love his VOICE. In my opinion, she just needs to say it was all about music, not about personal stuff.

You see, that's very easy to say for someone who doesn't feel the effects of it.

You feel comfortable just ignoring everything terrible a person has done and use them for your benefit? Collab with them, be buddies and everything, help them make bank?

AshIey
5 minutes ago, XC1792 said:

She's being pressured to make a statement. She makes a statement. Statement isn’t good enough and people will say she only made a statement because she was being pressured. And repeat... 

Doesn’t matter what she says it won’t be good enough and people will put a spin on it. It’s a lose, lose situation but it definitely won’t ruin her career or is are chances. She didn’t commit the crime.

Yup that’s why I think it’s pointless honestly. No answer will be good enough. 

derpmonster
5 minutes ago, XC1792 said:

Doesn’t matter what she says it won’t be good enough and people will put a spin on it. It’s a lose, lose situation but it definitely won’t ruin her career or Oscar chances. She didn’t commit the crime.

If she makes one meaningful statement and even if some people think it's not good enough, those people will forget. What will be remembered in the collective public knowledge is that she apologized and anytime this mess comes up again, there will be an answer: she apologized.

It isn't lose-lose.

vitoburrrito
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

If she makes one meaningful statement and even if some people think it's not good enough, those people will forget. What will be remembered in the collective public knowledge is that she apologized and anytime this mess comes up again, there will be an answer: she apologized.

It isn't lose-lose.

This. It may seem like a lose-lose situation hypothetically, but in the long-run it really is the best way to go about it. Otherwise it'll follow her forever. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived