Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga needs to condemn R Kelly

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

SKANK

"The truth is that I'm really just a pop star in disguise, my true passion is activism." 

How she addresses the nature of her working relationships with Terry Richardson and R. Kelly is up to her, but anyone saying that she "doesn't have to" is missing the point. It's about what she should do, not what she has to do.

She'll do the right thing, when she is ready.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CannaeDrive

Not that old saw again :triggered:

No one cares, even if CNN and some other irrelevant outlets try to.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Didymus

Obviously she didn't think he and Terry were rapists or sexual offenders but the thing is: she should've known she didn't know all the facts and that she should just stay quiet about it tbh :air: Not once problematizing Terry's rape rumors and painting Kelly as a victim of the press was super inappropriate and she knew that because she intentionally created performances and a video that invited controversy exactly about those rumors :vegas: That's the tea, children, sorry.

She shouldn't condemn R. Kelly, she should just own up to the fact that she was super out of line and that she betrayed her own "women who say they're raped should always be believed" philosophy she kept spouting during her TIHTY era :smh: Just a simple apology for trying to incorporate rumors about sexual abuse into a pop performance to create buzz is all she has to do tbh.

elijahfan
4 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

"Cutting ties" meanwhile gaga in 2014 after releasing her remix with xtina 

Oh alright, then the cancellation might have had more to do with Richardson back then I guess. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I seem to remember that the DWUW promo was plagued by new allegations against Richardson. 

But I still think that what she's done for sexual assault survivors in the following years speak volumes, and one would be just very dumb to assume she still endorses R. Kelly.

McYves

I still don't get why is such a SIN to work with him. I mean they just recorded together, it's not like she's raping kids too or something. I loved their collab, I love his VOICE. In my opinion, she just needs to say it was all about music, not about personal stuff.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

Guest ARTPOPSlays

The only people who are actually talking about this right now, is her fan base. Seriously. It’s not a big deal. She’s not the only person in the world who has collaborated with him. And why should she say it was Whiteshadows idea? That’s ridiculous. Then she makes him look like the bad guy. Nobody is paying attention to this, her career is doing just fine

Didymus
6 minutes ago, McYves said:

I still don't get why is such a SIN to work with him. I mean they just recorded together, it's not like she's raping kids too or something. I loved their collab, I love his VOICE. In my opinion, she just needs to say it was all about music, not about personal stuff.

It wasn't about music tho lol. That story about how R. Kelly came to work on the song was changed like 10x and DJWS and Gaga told a completely different story too :rip:

R. Kelly was chosen because she wanted that song to be controversial and she wanted to make a big point about how the media was mean to celebrities (cue her "R. Kelly is treated unfairly by the media" statements in interviews) ànd how pop culture is addicted to the superficial.

She knew full well what she was doing, remember this tweet:

It's no coincidence that she let R. Kelly rape her in the video, or that she let Terry appear on screen :smh: She knew exactly what she was doing but her point didn't come across so she axed the whole thing. And then now she feels extra stupid because it turns out at least one of the people she tried to publicly defend may actually be a criminal.

She just didn't think **** through. And that's human. But not allowing people to get closure over something like this will only make it worse tbh.

Didymus
Just now, ARTPOPSlays said:

The only people who are actually talking about this right now, is her fan base. Seriously. It’s not a big deal.

Did you not see that CNN reported about the subject today :lmao:

ShayCristoforo
12 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

She's literally cancelled a music video and cut all ties with him, and yet people won't be happy until she opens her mouth... Aren't actions supposed to be louder than words?

This is all bs, bringing this up 6 years later only to further associate her with scandal and compromise her chances at awards in the process... People were pretty content all these years, but now suddenly they all want a vocal explanation? After all she's actually done for sexual abuse survivors? Please.

Exactly. She doesn't need to do anything. Gaga has already done a lot to elevate conversations about sexual abuse, but she is not responsible for fixing everyone's problems from a third party position of power. 

Let's not forget that this story had stopped hitting the fan until white man Joel Karsberg decided to make money from it. Should Gaga also stop wearing designers involved with animal cruelty? Or demand that the Oscars apologize for racial segregation in the early 1900's? All I'm saying is that there are forces that are less visible, but just as bad as R Kelly. Gaga has the right to stand up where and how she sees fit. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

No, she doesnt need to do anything. She made a song with the man and thats it. If you're offended by the man and what he has done then you dont need to listen to the song. But i love the song Do What U Want and so do many others still to this day and if you dont want to listen to the original then the Xtina collab is good. Gaga can only go off what she knows at the time so to release a statement condeming R Kelly could cause further upset to his supporters which is totally unnecessary.

Antichrist
Just now, Didymus said:

It wasn't about music tho lol. That story about how R. Kelly came to work on the song was changed like 10x and DJWS and Gaga told a completely different story too :rip:

R. Kelly was chosen because she wanted that song to be controversial and she wanted to make a big point about how the media was mean to celebrities (cue her "R. Kelly is treated unfairly by the media" statements in interviews) ànd how pop culture is addicted to the superficial.

She knew full well what she was doing, remember this tweet:

It's no coincidence that she let R. Kelly rape her in the video, or that she let Terry appear on screen :smh: She knew exactly what she was doing but her point didn't come across so she axed the whole thing. And then now she feels extra stupid because it turns out at least one of the people she tried to publicly defend may actually be a criminal.

She just didn't think **** through. And that's human. But not allowing people to get closure over something like this will only make it worse tbh.

didy, how's gaga feeling today? didn't know you were her personal assistant :legend:

Spoiler

:ladyhaha:

Everything I have seen so far (and it is very little I am sure) indicates Gaga does not look behind, but forward. I think condemning anyone would be out of character for her. She clearly epitomizes actions speak louder than words.

Watch As I Dive In

Didymus
1 minute ago, Antichrist said:

didy, how's gaga feeling today? didn't know you were her personal assistant :legend:

Hide contents

:ladyhaha:

At least my opinions are based on evidence, not on "they just recorded a song together" bs.

Antichrist
Just now, Didymus said:

At least my opinions are based on evidence, not on "they just recorded a song together" bs.

which evidence tho? genuinely curious, because i really do care about you, else i'd just troll the poo out fo you :kara:

jojostanforlife
36 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

She's literally cancelled a music video and cut all ties with him, and yet people won't be happy until she opens her mouth... Aren't actions supposed to be louder than words?

This is a lie though. She cancelled the music video due to management, and she didn't cut ties with him considering she sent multiple tweets about him throughout 2014. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived