💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kevin Hart on controversy: “I’m done with it”

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

i wish we could also just proclaim we‘re done with all the slurs and threats to our physical integrity we get on a regular basis :-) 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TSUNAMI
17 hours ago, High King said:

I get that you’re trying to be cool and edgy by taking the other side

Please don't project your complexes on me, thank you. 

TSUNAMI
16 hours ago, ctherainbow said:

He never apologized for his remarks "years ago".  All he said was that he would no longer make those jokes because people were too sensitive.  That's not an apology.   :rip:

I don't need his apology as a part of LGBTQ community. I need him to stop with a certain behavior - which he did. 

Of course he's allowed to be homophobic, just like the queer community is allowed to advocate for companies who support the queer community to not offer him job opportunities.  It's not horrifying for queer people to be disappointed in his conduct, especially when he's also a minority and you would hope he understands.

Sure, we advocate for them loosing their jobs because we think we're right, then they return the favor to us. Expecting utopia and perfect world is wrong. It's not pro equality if we don't try but just judge others. 

I get that the gay community has problems.  Literally every community has issues, but if someone's outlook on the gay community is that we're all promiscuous druggies, they need to stop living in the 1980s.  There are a vast number of different types of queer people, and not wanting your child to be queer because you assume that they'll be a promiscuous druggie is as bad as not wanting them to be a Republican because you assume they'll be racist, or not wanting them to be black because you assume they'll go to jail on drug charges.  

I'm sorry that you've been discriminated against within the community.  That sucks, and I know what that's like.  That being said, the response to that needs to be to work to improve the community, not to excuse people from being homophobic because they may have seen the same ugly side of the community that you did.

I was trying to explain Kevin's probable point of view. I'm not a U.S citizen and not I'm not black but I've read that black community is homophobic and they raise most of their kids in that fashion. We need to understand them to be able to help them. We cannot just go around and enforce inqisition because that puts us in the place where straights previously were and they did almost the same things to us. We just do it with money, jobs and etc. 

16 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

So you think it's ok to resort to violence to destroy the gay in him? That's disrespectful to his own son's feelings. 

Don't put words in my mouth. Neither did I said that nor it can be pulled out of context. 

16 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

It's not up to parents to decide what paths their children choose to take. If their son is gay, then they have to adapt their life to that and accept that their son will have to deal with discrimination. 

I said I would want to. Not "I would enforce my son/daughter". It may be wrong but I think it would had a better chances for a calmer life. Stop living in dreams and utopia. We are here and now. Situation is like that and YOU have to adapt to it. And this rules are for US only. We in Europe don't get to do similar stuff. So try to be less ignorant and change your point of view and take others into account. 

14 hours ago, LORDi said:

He's a public figure, if he holds this type of opinions he may influence or offend people. Also, the network he works with has a lot of LGBTQ watchers, what worses the situation. If he wants to stay ignorant, he should do it in some conservative program or whatever. 

THat would be right if he repeated that. He did that only once. Period. We have other people to worry about in that segment. 

14 hours ago, LORDi said:

Sorry, but we are not.

Most gay people have a very low self esteem, exactly because of how most families treat them in their teenager years. Gays aren't teached about how to build relationships and create families, they need to discover all by themselves, resulting in a trainwreck. 

That is just aggravated in super homophobic countries were they can't marry or adopt children. If you can't have that, the only way to satisfy your desires is by having sex all the time.

Sorry, but come live in reality and relise that people outside LGBTQ community do see us like that. Try understand someone other than yourself. That's the whole point of my post. 

2 hours ago, SarahYuko said:

1. In order to build a tolerant world, we must be intolerant of intolerance. That's the most often misunderstood yet essential aspect of what it means to be tolerant.

No one is sending Hart to jail or making him pay fines for whatever opinion he may hold. That is the extent to which freedom of speech and expression in a democracy operates. It does not mean the public isn't allowed to criticise him. It doesn't mean he should face no consequences. Real life doesn't work that way. There are consequences and costs for everything.

Homophobia is inherently intolerant of someone else's existence; it's not intolerant of intolerance in the way that anti-homophobia is. It is not merely a matter of disagreement either. His words and actions have real-life consequences for the people he helps marginalize. That is why people are completely justified in criticising him - consequences. Kevin Hart having people critiquing him for a completely changeable opinion, is nowhere near the same as a gay person having people believe they are diseased or subhuman for something they can never change. When you choose the things you are willing to tolerate, you inherently choose to be intolerant of others. You cannot be intolerant of murder and be tolerant of the murderer's bloodlust at the same time. The action and its consequences begin with the thoughts, opinions and mentality. That is why it is crucial to dismantle homophobia at the roots, and not let it grow freely until people's lives are threatened.

I completely understand. I agree to some extent. 

But do you really think we're doing good to LGBTQ community by enforcing "inquistion" on something that happened once and the guy is now in good terms with our community and doesn't bring out his homophobic views (if he still has them). 

I don't demand apology. I demand that he stops doing it - which he did. Enough for me. 

To be perfectly clear. 

I am not justifying his actions but we need to find better ways of making this world a more tolerant place because we are bullies to the people that made one anti LGBTQ tweet in their career. 

You guys have much worse things to worry about in the US, too. Use the energy for saving your elementary human rights and then resolve the sexual bs. Yall need to wake up from dreams and get a hit of reality fast. Not all of it is rainbow and bubbles and not everyone wants to live that way and we're enforcing "respect the other" policy. How hypocritical, correct? 

We stand for equality yet where is the S in LGBTQ? Are we exclusive?

I will end with that. 

No hard feelings to anyone. 

Borislshere

I mean I'm the first one to call out someone on their **** but Kevin has apologized multiple times. 

As a black gay man myself, I'm well aware of how serious his jokes were but I also know that those jokes were the way a lot of black men thought 10 years ago. He was writing and saying jokes that were aimed at his mostly black male audience. 

Most comedians now wouldn't have even tweeted an apology let alone apologize on multiple platforms like he has. Hell, they would've went even harder in on the gay community. 

20 hours ago, That J said:

I can forgive and MAYBE forget pretty much anything and while his comments didnt bother me because I'm above them, ITS THAT which does. 

Saying "choice in life" or even "live how you want to" annoys me to high Heaven. I learned how to live how I like to but until I could accept myself years and years ago, there were many other ways I would have chosen to live. 

While I recognize that should be a teachable moment (actually its not a choice!), it just feels like people who say that still dont get it.

Baffles the life out of me too because did he choose his skin color, his height, his feet size...BEING STR8?!

The initial comments had nothing to do with me so I ignored it. I'm more irritated over these new comments. May be best to stop giving these interviews and just shut up.  

Well, I think in every new interview he shows a little bit more that his homophobic jokes are not just jokes, he actually thinks like that. 

21 hours ago, JFK said:

You guys don't know how hypocritic you all are.

I hope something you've done in the past will bite you in the ass soon and you'll know how it feels.

LGBTQ are becoming bullies. FACT.

This. Everyone is nitpicking everything he say. Just makes me mad how needy we got for this kind of drama. Leave him Alone. 

All he needs to do is apologize. But what he does is being a STRONG MAN that plays a smart victim and do nothing. Also wife of that All of Me singer is worse than Kevin btw. Hasn' t heard anything from her too.

Even if she apologize, those tweets. Gosh. 

Do these people know how many times I google searched '' How to become straight ''

'' How to become asexual ''

'' Places to go and cure gay feelings ''

or I cried while trying to jerk ## to Angelina Jolie picture and feel something but I could not.

or the beautiful, happy kid I was became a young adult whose life is depent on antidepresant medications to survive. Just so I can socialize with people, survive in this conservative society.

I am sorry. I HAVE ZERO Hate for the comfort you have. I consider you lucky because you were born straight. I really do.

Still, I have zero hate.

But why do you people have to show more hate to make my life harder. 

And the problem is I am learning. I learned to survive as me. I even love myself. But, just yesterday someone in my city, a gay kid committed suicide. Last week a transexual woman was killed. Nothing matters. Because, someone is giving up before even learning and its not their fault. Its society' s fault. We should correct the world and no one should have to learn a sh#t. Just live happily.

BTW, Those google searches might seem funny. But they are real. World and the people like Kevin are the funny, happy creatures that makes me search those funny stuff.......

MelbHawker
19 hours ago, High King said:

Lemon spoke so well throughout the video about the real issues and repercussions of Hart's errors. I hadn't thought about the issue like this before. 

Hart's trash. Absolute trash. I've read comments on here stating that the LGBT Community is bullying him. Had an internal laughing fit because of how stupidly incorrect people are. Hart's not being bullied, he's being called out in his mistakes, his ignorance and he's being educated. 

TSUNAMI
42 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

Hart's trash. Absolute trash. I've read comments on here stating that the LGBT Community is bullying him. Had an internal laughing fit because of how stupidly incorrect people are. Hart's not being bullied, he's being called out in his mistakes, his ignorance and he's being educated. 

Ok. Provide us with the evidence of his homophobic behavior. Except that tweet this controversy has build upon.

ctherainbow
6 hours ago, JFK said:

I don't need his apology as a part of LGBTQ community. I need him to stop with a certain behavior - which he did. 

Sure, we advocate for them loosing their jobs because we think we're right, then they return the favor to us. Expecting utopia and perfect world is wrong. It's not pro equality if we don't try but just judge others. 

I was trying to explain Kevin's probable point of view. I'm not a U.S citizen and not I'm not black but I've read that black community is homophobic and they raise most of their kids in that fashion. We need to understand them to be able to help them. We cannot just go around and enforce inqisition because that puts us in the place where straights previously were and they did almost the same things to us. We just do it with money, jobs and etc.

To be perfectly clear. 

I am not justifying his actions but we need to find better ways of making this world a more tolerant place because we are bullies to the people that made one anti LGBTQ tweet in their career. 

You guys have much worse things to worry about in the US, too. Use the energy for saving your elementary human rights and then resolve the sexual bs. Yall need to wake up from dreams and get a hit of reality fast. Not all of it is rainbow and bubbles and not everyone wants to live that way and we're enforcing "respect the other" policy. How hypocritical, correct? 

We stand for equality yet where is the S in LGBTQ? Are we exclusive?

I will end with that. 

No hard feelings to anyone. 

Then I’m glad that you are satisfied with that level of reaction, but why are you saying others who are not are “bullies”?  It’s not wrong in the first place to want an apology from someone who hurt you, especially if it’s someone who you looked up to.  Sure, people who are telling him to go kill himself over this controversy are bullies, and need to stop that behavior, but the overwhelming majority of people just want a genuine apology and hope that he will change his conduct.

Expecting utopia is unrealistic, I agree.  I’m sure all of us in this thread have experienced something in our lives that shattered the idea that a perfect world exists.  But that doesn’t mean that you can’t work towards a more perfect world, and if calling people out for hurtful behavior and trying to educate them is too idealistic for you, you might be too cynical and jaded.

Sure, the black community can be pretty homophobic, and if anyone thinks it’s likely that Kevin was raised in an accepting household, they need to rethink that assumption.  But being raised in a homophobic household is no excuse to hold on to those views as an adult, especially when there are great examples of out queer people everywhere you look.  I was raised in a transphobic environment, yet as an adult, my views changed when I met my first trans role model, and I doubt that Kevin has never met a positive example of the LGBTQA+ community.  Heck, he just sat down with Ellen a few days ago.

And there is no S in LGBTQA+.  There is an A, which stands for ally; straight/cis people who respect us.  And for those who don’t respect us, calling them out on it and reaching out to educate is usually the most effective way to help them rethink their views.  :shrug: 

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

PartySick
On 1/9/2019 at 11:41 AM, JFK said:

You guys don't know how hypocritic you all are.

I hope something you've done in the past will bite you in the ass soon and you'll know how it feels.

This is what I've been saying for a while now :poot: if it was a prominent figure that said some hateful garbage then yeah, drag him to the pits. But it's a comedian that made some distasteful jokes like ten years ago. C'mon, people. We can't let ourselves be that fragile.

That's not to say his response isn't problematic. He ought to know there's no fighting people who are this PC. Release a PR statement/video, even if it's not sincere, and move on. Maybe make a small joke out of it as you host the Oscars, just for a "groaner" laugh. Then life goes on. The way he's handling it is just making everything worse :deadbanana:

🖤

Archived