Kevin Hart on controversy: “I’m done with it”

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet Dreams
38 minutes ago, sampool said:

He should’ve never apologized. The gay community is desperate for pity attention. This controversy is just a reason for them to play like the poor victim role. Thank u, next.

I didn't know Kevin was a user of Gagadaily!

ctherainbow
14 minutes ago, JFK said:

He apologized, discussed and moved on from the issue years ago.

He's also entitled to that. Look at the situation vice versa - you don't wanna be changed and think your point is right. That's also with him. And since you're gay preaching about tolerance you HAVE TO tolerate him because you (and all of us) would be hypocrites.

Of course he is. He's been bullied by the LGBTQ.

I'm on his side just because I'm a human first and know how it is to be ingorant because of the system we've all be living in.

“Yo if my son comes home & try’s 2 play with my daughters doll house I’m going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice ‘stop that’s gay"

- Parents want best for their children and gays represent themselfs as promiscuous druggies to outside world. We are the ones to blaim for the picture we send out. 

I don't want my child to be gay just because I know how discriminated it will be in the gay world if it's not muscular, black haired, full bearded hung jock. - do you get what I mean?

I am living in freaking Croatia, I am openly gay. Yeah, there are people that don't like it but I don't even notice them because I pay attention to stuff that will raise me, not pull me down. Only people that were discriminating me were LGBTQ people.

You know I respect you, sis, but let's take a moment.

He never apologized for his remarks "years ago".  All he said was that he would no longer make those jokes because people were too sensitive.  That's not an apology.   :rip:   That's like me smashing your toe with a hammer and then saying I won't do it again because you screamed too loud, not because I hurt you.

Of course he's allowed to be homophobic, just like the queer community is allowed to advocate for companies who support the queer community to not offer him job opportunities.  It's not horrifying for queer people to be disappointed in his conduct, especially when he's also a minority and you would hope he understands.

I get that the gay community has problems.  Literally every community has issues, but if someone's outlook on the gay community is that we're all promiscuous druggies, they need to stop living in the 1980s.  There are a vast number of different types of queer people, and not wanting your child to be queer because you assume that they'll be a promiscuous druggie is as bad as not wanting them to be a Republican because you assume they'll be racist, or not wanting them to be black because you assume they'll go to jail on drug charges.  

I'm sorry that you've been discriminated against within the community.  That sucks, and I know what that's like.  That being said, the response to that needs to be to work to improve the community, not to excuse people from being homophobic because they may have seen the same ugly side of the community that you did.

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

Glamourpuss
1 hour ago, JFK said:

He's also entitled to that. Look at the situation vice versa - you don't wanna be changed and think your point is right. That's also with him. And since you're gay preaching about tolerance you HAVE TO tolerate him because you (and all of us) would be hypocrites.

Of course he is. He's been bullied by the LGBTQ.

I'm on his side just because I'm a human first and know how it is to be ingorant because of the system we've all be living in.

“Yo if my son comes home & try’s 2 play with my daughters doll house I’m going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice ‘stop that’s gay"

- Parents want best for their children and gays represent themselfs as promiscuous druggies to outside world. We are the ones to blaim for the picture we send out. 

I don't want my child to be gay just because I know how discriminated it will be in the gay world if it's not muscular, black haired, full bearded hung jock. - do you get what I mean?

I am living in freaking Croatia, I am openly gay. Yeah, there are people that don't like it but I don't even notice them because I pay attention to stuff that will raise me, not pull me down. Only people that were discriminating me were LGBTQ people.

So you think it's ok to resort to violence to destroy the gay in him? That's disrespectful to his own son's feelings. 

It's not up to parents to decide what paths their children choose to take. If their son is gay, then they have to adapt their life to that and accept that their son will have to deal with discrimination. 

DeleteMyAccount

Nah, he’s just done using LGBTQ issues for his self promotion and new movie.

2 hours ago, JFK said:

Let's be honest here, it wasn't genuine, it's clear he hasn't changed his opinion

2 hours ago, JFK said:

He's also entitled to that. Look at the situation vice versa - you don't wanna be changed and think your point is right. That's also with him. And since you're gay preaching about tolerance you HAVE TO tolerate him because you (and all of us) would 

He's a public figure, if he holds this type of opinions he may influence or offend people. Also, the network he works with has a lot of LGBTQ watchers, what worses the situation. If he wants to stay ignorant, he should do it in some conservative program or whatever. 

3 hours ago, JFK said:

Sorry, but we are not.

Most gay people have a very low self esteem, exactly because of how most families treat them in their teenager years. Gays aren't teached about how to build relationships and create families, they need to discover all by themselves, resulting in a trainwreck. 

That is just aggravated in super homophobic countries were they can't marry or adopt children. If you can't have that, the only way to satisfy your desires is by having sex all the time.

Also, this guy must have bullied lots and lots of LGBTQ's, so if he's being bullied right now, it's just because *actions have consequences*

ctherainbow
1 hour ago, Jakkusan said:

I'm sorry but you're an idiot.

Excuse me?  I think you might have quoted the wrong person.

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

Didymus

Sad. All he needs to do is distance himself from his horrible past comments. If he has to do that a couple of times, then fine, how is that such an ordeal? It's the fact that he always has to follow up his "apology" with stupid bs that causes people's dissatisfaction with his past attempts to get past it.

Whatever. DIg your own grave, Kevin.

SarahYuko
14 hours ago, JFK said:

Lots of mental gymnastics here, I see. Let's break these two paragraphs down, shall we?

1. In order to build a tolerant world, we must be intolerant of intolerance. That's the most often misunderstood yet essential aspect of what it means to be tolerant.

No one is sending Hart to jail or making him pay fines for whatever opinion he may hold. That is the extent to which freedom of speech and expression in a democracy operates. It does not mean the public isn't allowed to criticise him. It doesn't mean he should face no consequences. Real life doesn't work that way. There are consequences and costs for everything.

Homophobia is inherently intolerant of someone else's existence; it's not intolerant of intolerance in the way that anti-homophobia is. It is not merely a matter of disagreement either. His words and actions have real-life consequences for the people he helps marginalize. That is why people are completely justified in criticising him - consequences. Kevin Hart having people critiquing him for a completely changeable opinion, is nowhere near the same as a gay person having people believe they are diseased or subhuman for something they can never change. When you choose the things you are willing to tolerate, you inherently choose to be intolerant of others. You cannot be intolerant of murder and be tolerant of the murderer's bloodlust at the same time. The action and its consequences begin with the thoughts, opinions and mentality. That is why it is crucial to dismantle homophobia at the roots, and not let it grow freely until people's lives are threatened.

So we each have to ask ourselves - are we going to be intolerant of homophobia or gay people/people against homophobia? And what are the consequences?

2. Nobody wants their children to face a world that threatens their lives and well being for something as unchangeable and inherent as sexual orientation.

The thing is we literally do not have a choice.

Therefore, when our children grow up to be gay, or trans perhaps, and when they turn out to not fit into stereotypes or gender norms, the responsible thing for a parent to do is to protect them, educate them and help them adjust to a hostile world. That is not the same thing as becoming the hostility that they should be protected from. A homophobic parent may want to abuse the gay out of their child, but we should have the good sense to understand that a) You cannot abuse homosexuality away and b) Parents who do this are as big a threat to their child's life as any other homophobic person is out there.

Whether or not you want gay children, you may have them anyway. If and when you do, you should be a decent enough human being to love them regardless and raise them as you would a straight child, except perhaps extra lessons on self-protection.

Parents have to then ask themselves, "Am I going to be intolerant of my child's sexuality, regardless of my reasons, or am I going to be intolerant of the people that seek to make their life miserable for being gay?"

Fingerella

Not only did he tweet homophobic jokes but also violence towards women specifically his wife. He is so f*cking disgusting! I hope his career dies because he doesn’t deserve any recognition at all. 

Archived