warioaddams

Featured Posts

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
47 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

How would you prefer it ended? 🤔

There were too many loose ends and the ending just seemed like they couldn’t come up with anything better. I know it’s from the book but they could have easily lead it somewhere else.

Yuuri
48 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

an ending in which we understand what is the thing who makes people want to kill themselves, what they see, why some people don't have to hide their eyes, how will the humanity survive this, etc.... the ending is terribly disappointing 

In the movie it explains how only the insane are safe and want others to see the "truth." And the only people that survived are the ones in the safe place. When the people look at the monsters, they hear and see loved ones, and I guess they want to be with them.

Spoiler

The book had a slightly darker ending, where everyone in the safe place forcefully blinded themselves to stay safe from the creatures.

Read this:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.denofgeek.com/us/movies/bird-box/278416/bird-box-creatures-explained

Henri Bardot
1 hour ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

an ending in which we understand what is the thing who makes people want to kill themselves, what they see, why some people don't have to hide their eyes, how will the humanity survive this, etc.... the ending is terribly disappointing 

They showed drawings tho :oprah:

pooiota

elijahfan

Saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it, reminded me of many different things like The Happening or A Quiet Place, but it was pretty well done.

After seeing Roma the day before, I just love how diverse Netflix is in the projects it chooses to endorse.

elijahfan
2 hours ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

I'm seeing a lot of similar reactions online, and it seems like you guys might have missed the point of the film.... It's like Hitchcock's The Birds: it's not about understanding the specifics of the phenomenon, it's about seeing what it does to people and how it affects their relationships.

Quite frankly, trying to come up with any sort of clear explanation would have been the real disappointment: no creature design and no rational theory could really be satisfying. Cinema has taught us since its inception that we're afraid of what we can't see or don't understand, and the power of the film lies in the fact that we don't ****ing know what's happening. It's perfect the way it is. And it makes people talk and theorize about it - it's not the kind of film you stop thinking about as soon as the credits roll.

TEETHTEETH

The story has been done before. It's not anything original.  But I liked having sandra bullock in it! So I take it with a grain of salt and enjoying it for what it is: entertainment.

Though I do love all the memes getting that promo for it.

NIGHTCRAWLER
10 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I'm seeing a lot of similar reactions online, and it seems like you guys might have missed the point of the film.... It's like Hitchcock's The Birds: it's not about understanding the specifics of the phenomenon, it's about seeing what it does to people and how it affects their relationships.

Quite frankly, trying to come up with any sort of clear explanation would have been the real disappointment: no creature design and no rational theory could really be satisfying. Cinema has taught us since its inception that we're afraid of what we can't see or don't understand, and the power of the film lies in the fact that we don't ****ing know what's happening. It's perfect the way it is. And it makes people talk and theorize about it - it's not the kind of film you stop thinking about as soon as the credits roll.

I think the end is so blurry cause they're gonna make a Bird Box 2 in which they explain everything though 

elijahfan
53 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

I think the end is so blurry cause they're gonna make a Bird Box 2 in which they explain everything though 

The book it was based on ends this way, so I doubt it. And that would be an awful idea :triggered:

Serial Chiller

I find it to be extremely derivative and not at all scary. A Quiet Place is so much better. 

Emigrante
14 hours ago, Sharyu said:

In the movie it explains how only the insane are safe and want others to see the "truth." And the only people that survived are the ones in the safe place. When the people look at the monsters, they hear and see loved ones, and I guess they want to be with them.

Reveal hidden contents

The book had a slightly darker ending, where everyone in the safe place forcefully blinded themselves to stay safe from the creatures.

Read this:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.denofgeek.com/us/movies/bird-box/278416/bird-box-creatures-explained

How the movie explains that only insane are safe?

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

BlingNotTheMusic
15 hours ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

That, in my opinion, would take away from the mystique and allure of the film. Explaining all the mystery. But we are all different :kiss:

BlingNotTheMusic
14 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

There were too many loose ends and the ending just seemed like they couldn’t come up with anything better. I know it’s from the book but they could have easily lead it somewhere else.

I see where you're going, but apparently it stayed more true to the book. You can't please everyone I guess. 

Yuuri
1 hour ago, Emigrante said:

How the movie explains that only insane are safe?

The one insane guy outright says it. I don't believe they explain why they're safe.

Archived